Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lessons I've learned from Castle Story

New Resident
    OMG!!!!!!! I've done that!!

Farm Supplier
    Wow, I thought I was the only one, waking up in the middle of the night to not waste any energy.

Fashion Designer
    Reading old cs posts in the middle of the night, it's such a wonderful community we have here and lots of laughter!

I've read about "gem traps". What are these? How can they be avoided?

From what I've read, they make your gem count go down, sometimes by several. How many are taken away? This really seems unfair, or a bug in the programming. How and why would TL program something into the game like this. Can anyone explain? Or is it just that an Alicorn might consume gems dropped by something else that drops them nearby? I want to understand this, and cannot find anything about it.

Many thanks,
    id: musegloria
    Castle: museville

#9. When a challenge says "Give" for several different items, wait until you have all of them collected before you "Give" any of them.

#10. The one exception to #9 is when the item requires more than 99, then you will be forced to give early, and you might even want to give when you have say a count of 80, so as you are collecting them, you still have some in your inventory. The other exception is if your inventory is already at 99, especially when the required "Give" count is low. Many are 20 or less, then you can go ahead, because otherwise you'll just be losing any that are dropped anyway.

I learned this by "Giving" rat tails into a challenge, and since have had 2 other challenges arise that needed less rat tails which I could have completed.

Quote Originally Posted by musegloria View Post
    I've read about "gem traps". What are these? How can they be avoided?

From what I've read, they make your gem count go down, sometimes by several. How many are taken away? This really seems unfair, or a bug in the programming. How and why would TL program something into the game like this. Can anyone explain? Or is it just that an Alicorn might consume gems dropped by something else that drops them nearby? I want to understand this, and cannot find anything about it.

Many thanks,
    id: musegloria
    Castle: museville
    Well, because of the nature of tablets, and smartphones games, you move around with your finger, thick fingers and clicking by just accidently touching the screen happen all the time. Many games, as do these from TL/Storm8 have options to speed up, buy certain items, or complete quests with gems.

So you may be browsing through your game, or actually trying to play it. And have your finger on the wrong place on the screen, registering a click. Like one of your Alicorn's. The bad things happen when you accidently do it twice, the screen pops up, to speed up, and you click again.
    So you accidently sped up your alicorn, which could cost hundreds of gems. Not a price you would be willing to pay for just 40 energy.

Or you may be browsing your workshop, kitchen, and accidently press at the wrong spot, finding out you just bought a wood beam, or something else. Which would have been quite easy to make yourself.

So it is not really a trap, or a bug. They just make it really easy so spend your gems, accidently, on stuff you didn't want. Some games have listened to their players, and have added an extra confirmation button. So you will need to make at least one extra click, preferable at a different place of the screen, so you don't spend your in game currency as easily.

I keep in my mind, that you easily get gems for free, from playing other games, as well as a couple in game. So you just lose something you got for free anyway. Easy Come, Easy Go. And I think TL/S8 think the same way.

Besides, giving them for free, does give you a taste for them, and anything you could have bought with them. So maybe you'll be enticed to buy some more. At the same time, people, do get really really pissed or really hurt when they lose them with one wrong touch of a finger on the screen. I know I do. So they do lose potential players and customers. But I guess those in charge at TL/S8 deem it more profitable to keep these kind of practices up.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-16-15 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Removed third pary link...

Expanding your horizons is a pain in the A. LOL

Fashion Designer
    Lesson I learned about castle story:

~patience.
    ~The riskiness of falling in love with a virtual kingdom that calls for your real money and could be wiped out with a single EMP strike!!!!
    ~The DEVs care about MONEY. Not about you.

Rhino Keeper
    LOL! This thread is great!

I've learned that there a lot of places that have wifi and you can find them if you look hard enough and want to play badly enough! I also learned that I don't like to vacation 'off the grid'

I've learned that during 'world events' - I have no idea what is going on in the world around me. I am too busy focusing all my energy on collecting ONE thing - whatever that thing might be - for 2-3 weeks trying to get as many as I possibly can!
    Twilight Woods on Castle Story, Dragon Story, Fantasy Forest Story and Fairy Tale Wonderland

The walking through walls part😂😂😂 that always makes me laugh!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast