Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Toadstool Thicket - Levels 175 - 180

Whew...finally passed level 177! I took a little break, and played a couple levels from Robo Plateau to get 3 stars. Had to get away from 177 for a bit. It worked, cuz the first round I tried after that, I passed! Got 12/10 meters, when before that I was only making it halfway down (if I was lucky, lol!) Naw, I think I just finally got a good board, because I had some good combos, and I didn't really have those opportunities on other attempts. Anyway, happy to move on. (Just wish it wasn't another timed level--with doom jewels, no less! Ugh!)

Looks like they've been playing with the timer on level 178, too. It was 4:00, then 6:10, and now it's 5:45 to dig 20 meters (5 JC's.) Better than four minutes, at least! Played once, and a doom jewel got me. It's def easier to make matches & specials on this level. But a turquoise doomie got stuck in a dug-down crevice, and no same color in sight. All the moves were on the other side, too. So "boom!" Ugh, detest doom jewels! Hopefully I won't be stuck here too long~

Ugh, looks like I'm gonna be stuck here on 178 for awhile. I had a couple lucky rounds, where I escaped the doom jewels and was able to do lots of combos/had a couple diamonds. But I only got down to 15 meters. Not sure what it's gonna take to get to 20 in the allotted time. I really hate timed levels & doom jewels!

Are they JOKING? Level 175... Now at 24 moves to pass... Four DAYS working through this level, and still not even close to getting past it! Frustrating to say the least.

Farm Supplier
    I've just started 175 - I have 30 moves on my game... Maybe they saw your comment and changed it back!! Even 30 moves feels a bit slim, but doable with enough tries!

Yeah, 175 is certainly doable. Took me several tries, but I passed once I was able to dig through the crates and set off a blaster+bomb right near the wall. You'll get that lucky board soon...

Yay, I passed level 178 & 179! I had started getting down to about 15/20 meters on 178 before the timer went off. Once to 18 meters, but a doom jewel got me. But finally, I got one of those rounds where the jewels are practically matching themselves as they fall. So I made it all the way to the goal, though I literally only had a second or two to spare. That level is a tight squeeze, time-wise! The doom jewels are usually pretty easy to clear, luckily...though there were def some rounds I just couldn't get to one in time. Level complete-yay!

Level 179: Clear 64 glass in 105 moves (6 JC's.) There are multiple snakeheads on a single body that runs vertically, separating two columns on the left. When you clear jewels on the left side, jewels will move through a set of portals (in the green portal at bottom of main board, and out the red portal at top of left section.) There are also doom jewels at the beginning, and they also drop in on you (with even shorter timers, sometimes.) Don't procrastinate with the doom jewels, they can be hard to clear with all 6 colors in play. However, it's pretty easy to make special jewels on this one, so have fun blasting and blowing up jewels! I passed this level with 2 diamond + blaster combos, which left me with a single glass left. I still had lots of moves left, so I made more matches and special jewels, trying to boost my score. It worked (got 3 stars!)

So now I'm on Level 180: extinguish 8 fire in 1:15 (5 JC's.) There are 4 little snakes, crates, and doom jewels fall in on you. The first time I played I got down to 1 flame when time ran out. It had a match right next to it--I literally needed only a second to pass it! Man oh man, just needed one more swipe! Played again and got nowhere near that...hope I didn't get my one lucky board when I was unprepared for it!

Wow, level 180 is pretty tough! I finally cleared it with a diamond+blaster, and then another diamond (thank goodness I had it cuz a doom jewel was about to blow!) Also had lots of reg. blasters & bombs, of course. The best way I found for this level is to break an opening in the crates so you can get some special jewel combos close to the bottom to blow out the fire. You don't have to clear all the crates necessarily...or the snakes. But watch out for those doom jewels!

Now I'm off to Serpent Sanctuary. I enjoyed the moves levels on this island, but there were way too many timed levels on Toadstool Thicket!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pastasplace View Post
    I've just started 175 - I have 30 moves on my game... Maybe they saw your comment and changed it back!! Even 30 moves feels a bit slim, but doable with enough tries!
    I wonder if it is different on different devices??
    I am playing it on iPad, and it is still at 24 moves for level 175. Sooo strange, and unfair, IMHO

Really? Wonder why they have different amounts? (My iPhone is still at 30...) I agree, not fair at all!

Fashion Designer
    just checked both my devices. both are at 30 moves.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast