Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Volcanic Ruins - Levels 163 - 168

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    The snippets above are from my quote in the "Please stop stealing my gold" thread. Click on the double arrow (>>) in the quote if you want to check out what others are saying on this topic...or to share your frustrations. (You've prob. already seen the thread, but jik.) Or click on "Here's the Link"--near the bottom of the quoted text above--to see/participate in a poll regarding a confirm button. I've lost count of all the times I accidentally hit that big button at the end of a timed level--luckily I don't usually have gold to "steal," lol. But I've definitely lost gold--makes me sick having it go to waste like that! I'm all for double-confirmation on gold purchases!

Regarding the extinguisher boost, I think it only puts out one flame (unless it does different amounts on different levels.) I was pretty unimpressed with it--seems like gold might be better spent on a bomb or diamond to combine with a blaster or something. Depends on the level, of course...if you have just one flame burning in a hard-to-reach spot, then the fire extinguisher boost would be perfect, lol! Btw, did you buy the boost during the round, or pre-start?

Good luck on 163!
    Thanks,I will definitely check out the thread! How simple would it be to add a confirm? I have seen it on the bubble mania game. I just saw it said "removes fire from board" so I tried it(desperately wanted off 163) I honestly didn't even notice one flame removed. I bought the boost pre-start.

Rhino Keeper
    The snippets above are from my quote in the "Please stop stealing my gold" thread. Click on the double arrow (>>) in the quote if you want to check out what others are saying on this topic...or to share your frustrations. (You've prob. already seen the thread, but jik.) Or click on "Here's the Link"--near the bottom of the quoted text above--to see/participate in a poll regarding a confirm button. I've lost count of all the times I accidentally hit that big button at the end of a timed level--luckily I don't usually have gold to "steal," lol. But I've definitely lost gold--makes me sick having it go to waste like that! I'm all for double-confirmation on gold purchases!

Regarding the extinguisher boost, I think it only puts out one flame (unless it does different amounts on different levels.) I was pretty unimpressed with it--seems like gold might be better spent on a bomb or diamond to combine with a blaster or something. Depends on the level, of course...if you have just one flame burning in a hard-to-reach spot, then the fire extinguisher boost would be perfect, lol! Btw, did you buy the boost during the round, or pre-start?

Good luck on 163!
    Btw I did click on the link. It won't allow me there..says I don't have permission to participate.

Nightclub Owner
    You'll find the link here
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Quote Originally Posted by VGailP View Post
    Btw I did click on the link. It won't allow me there..says I don't have permission to participate.
    Yeah, I no longer have it either. I tried searching, the poll seems to have disappeared (doesn't come up in a search, either.) Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    You'll find the link here
    Hi Maguar, thanks! That's the link to the Please stop stealing my gold thread. The one that says we don't have permission to access is the one from my quote (in comment #40.)
    The url is: https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...-button/page26. It's a poll regarding a confirm button for spending gold (for all TL games, so it's not in Jewel Mania Discussion.) I'm sure of the url, so has it been moved or something? I've tried searching (the forum & google,) pasting the url into the browser (with & without page numbers,) etc. Hmmm...

(...) I just saw it said "removes fire from board" so I tried it(desperately wanted off 163) I honestly didn't even notice one flame removed. I bought the boost pre-start.
    This may be a dumb question, but did you press on the boost icon in the game? After you buy the boost (before or during the round,) it puts the boost icon in the lower right side of the board. Then you press on the boost's icon when you want to use it. If you have more than a few flames going, though, it would be hard to notice a single one going out! I'm sorry about your gold waste--it happens to me all the time. I've tried to train myself on timed levels to take my hands off the board a few seconds early if it's not looking promising, because I don't want to get robbed again. Though lately, I don't usually have enough to gold to steal anyway. I hate it when I finally win some challenge gold, only to have it accidentally spent on extra time...in a round I was nowhere near winning!

There are so many things wrong with the way they handle this problem. I've been posting about it for awhile, and started my own JM poll for a gold confirmation button, etc. But no one ever responds to these posts...makes me think they won't ever change it. There are too many people out there who keep buying the boosts and other stuff, so why would they change when they keep getting away with it? I'm guilty, too. I've bought extra time on a few levels that had me going crazy (I'd have done anything to get off them, lol!) Speaking of, I hope that you're done with 163. If not, I'm sending you good luck...we need to get you through that to cheer you up!

Rhino Keeper
    This may be a dumb question, but did you press on the boost icon in the game? After you buy the boost (before or during the round,) it puts the boost icon in the lower right side of the board. Then you press on the boost's icon when you want to use it. If you have more than a few flames going, though, it would be hard to notice a single one going out! I'm sorry about your gold waste--it happens to me all the time. I've tried to train myself on timed levels to take my hands off the board a few seconds early if it's not looking promising, because I don't want to get robbed again. Though lately, I don't usually have enough to gold to steal anyway. I hate it when I finally win some challenge gold, only to have it accidentally spent on extra time...in a round I was nowhere near winning!

There are so many things wrong with the way they handle this problem. I've been posting about it for awhile, and started my own JM poll for a gold confirmation button, etc. But no one ever responds to these posts...makes me think they won't ever change it. There are too many people out there who keep buying the boosts and other stuff, so why would they change when they keep getting away with it? I'm guilty, too. I've bought extra time on a few levels that had me going crazy (I'd have done anything to get off them, lol!) Speaking of, I hope that you're done with 163. If not, I'm sending you good luck...we need to get you through that to cheer you up!
    To be honest I cannot recall now if it was in the bottom corner or not. I just assumed when it said removes flames from board that it actually removed flameS,lol. I feel so incompetent on this island. I finally made it to level 165. You can see how long that has taken,ugh!
    I certainly agree they don't seem to care or respond to posts that could use some response! I sent the email to support, took them days to even reply. I then got the "default" sync error reply. I sent a reply and after a couple more days got a reply back stating the issue was "solved". I replied again asking if they could at least inform me HOW it was solved,lol.
    Yes people keep buying the ridiculously priced boosts now but I have a feeling it will at some point be where the money stops and people grow tired of them not caring. I am not buying the boosts and spending anymore money myself. It costs too much then to see it stolen,grrrr! Lol to think it is like 280,000 coins for one boost, or 30plus gold. I wouldn't mind paying so much if it was 10 gold or at least lasted thru more than one bad jewel energy.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't believe it--I finally passed 166. I got lucky enough to combine a blaster + bomb, and then a diamond + blaster shortly afterwards. Thank God! That was my least favorite level thus far. No real strategy for this level. Just keep moving fast (to keep fire from spreading--hopefully extinguishing it instead.) And just make as many special jewels & combos as you can!

I'm taking a break before I start the next level because my hands are shaking. If you have a tough time on 166, don't give up. (I was close to doing that!) Hang in there, and you'll get lucky, too...eventually, lol! Good luck~
    Ugh of course I am stuck on 166, not sure I will ever get off this island. I hate it. I see the time was 2:20 when you were on it..now it is 1:10, crazy! I certainly won't spend money on a boost tho. I have had a time with the levels on this island..along with the shorter times. The game has ceased being enjoyable to me.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't believe it--I finally passed 166. I got lucky enough to combine a blaster + bomb, and then a diamond + blaster shortly afterwards. Thank God! That was my least favorite level thus far. No real strategy for this level. Just keep moving fast (to keep fire from spreading--hopefully extinguishing it instead.) And just make as many special jewels & combos as you can!

I'm taking a break before I start the next level because my hands are shaking. If you have a tough time on 166, don't give up. (I was close to doing that!) Hang in there, and you'll get lucky, too...eventually, lol! Good luck~
    If the time is ever increased back to the 2:30 I may try this level again someday. I just went thru all 5 energies within five minutes with the time only 1:10. If people were having such a hard time with the time over 2 minutes why would they change it to 1:10? Oops oh yeah..so people would spend money for boosts,lol. Thanks for all the replies..may play again sometime but for now..no more JM.

(...) I just assumed when it said removes flames from board that it actually removed flameS,lol.(...)
    Ha! Yeah, "flames"--plural--would be nice!

I finally made it to level 165. (...)
    Woo-hoo! Congrats (& good riddance 163!!!)

I certainly agree they don't seem to care or respond to posts that could use some response! I sent the email to support, (...) got a reply back stating the issue was "solved". I replied again asking if they could at least inform me HOW it was solved,lol. (...)
    LOL! Omg, it's like, "Solved...huh?"

I am not buying the boosts and spending anymore money myself. It costs too much then to see it stolen,grrrr! (...) I wouldn't mind paying so much if it was 10 gold or at least lasted thru more than one bad jewel energy.
    Yep, I hear ya! I'll never buy a boost pre-start--you just never know what kind of board you'll get. Esp. on tough levels, you rarely even get close enough for the boost to matter. At those prices, they should last permanently on the level--if not that, at least through multiple rounds until you decide to use it. Usually the same boosts can be bought IN the game (for a higher cost, of course.) But I think it's actually cheaper to wait, and confirm you have a good board...then pay that higher price. (Imho, and in theory, lol!) I don't buy boosts, except on a couple (maybe it's 'a few' now) occasions where I just had to get off a timed level that was stressing me out/driving me bonkers.

Speaking of frustrating levels, congrats again that you moved past 163! Best of luck!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast