Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Volcanic Ruins - Levels 163 - 168

Farm Supplier
    Well done! That's great going!

I've lost count of my number of attempts - I can't seem to make the diamonds, and matching it with a blaster before the diamond gets blown up by another blaster... Well! I've managed it twice, but last time I matched it with a purple blaster, and there we're only four purple gems on the screen, so it really didn't achieve that much....

I can keep the flames under control, and quite often, I'm down to about 6 flames before I run out of turns.

This morning they've upped the number of turns from 100 to 150.

I still have about 6 flames at the end! Just waiting for either a diamond+blaster, or a blaster+bomb in the correct place at the end.

Hang in there, pastasplace--you'll get it! That perfect board is coming, probably the next time you

Oops! Not sure how that happened, lol! Anyway, was just going to say...the next time you play, you'll get a lucky board! You're def overdue for one. Fingers crossed!

Farm Supplier
    Took another 4 attempts, but I just cleared it with 48 turns left, I got 2 stars for it, and probably won't be going back to try to get three on it!

Thank you for our kind words of encouragement! On to the next island - hurrah!

Yay! Awesome...just awesome!

Omg just finally passed 166.... 3 days on it and lotsa hope is what got me thru!

Congrats, jconstilts! That one was a tough/frustrating level--one of the worst ever (for me, anyway!) I know you're happy to be moving on... Good luck on the next!

Quote Originally Posted by pastasplace View Post
    (...) This morning they've upped the number of turns from 100 to 150. (...)
    I saw this post about level 168, and thought I'd go back & try for more stars. (A moves level with more moves!) But when I started the level, I saw it only had 40 moves now--a big cut from the 100 it had when I first played. So I looked at the other parameters. I finally realized they've removed one jewel color...it's down to 5JC now. That should make it a little easier to pass--esp. making those diamonds & diamond + blaster combos! Yep, think I'll give it a try...
    ~~ I'm taking a break in-between attempts at level 315. It's a timed doom jewel level. Only a minute (or less) & I'm done--gotta make my playtime last somehow! (And timed doomies aren't much fun imho to start with!)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Wow, I combined a diamond + blaster, and it cleared all the fire, save one flame. Couldn't find a match to snuff the last flame, though...so the fire quickly started up again (on both sides!) How are you supposed to put this thing out? I have a feeling they want you to buy a boost for this, lol! Not sure how the "fire extinguisher" works, but it's tempting to find out, lol!
    I am so impressed how quickly you all made it thru this island. I am STILL stuck on 163.
    I did finally decide to try the fire extinguisher for the first time. It took my 32 gems and did NOTHING! I just can't imagine getting thru this with so little time,then of course while trying to do it quickly,several times it has taken gems when the time runs out. I think they need a "confirm" prompt before stealing gems!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    (...) that huge button at the end (...) If I had faith in the setup, I might buy gold (...) accidental clicks? (...)
    a poll to add a confirm button. (...) Here's the link if you want to vote or comment...
    The snippets above are from my quote in the "Please stop stealing my gold" thread. Click on the double arrow (>>) in the quote if you want to check out what others are saying on this topic...or to share your frustrations. (You've prob. already seen the thread, but jik.) Or click on "Here's the Link"--near the bottom of the quoted text above--to see/participate in a poll regarding a confirm button. I've lost count of all the times I accidentally hit that big button at the end of a timed level--luckily I don't usually have gold to "steal," lol. But I've definitely lost gold--makes me sick having it go to waste like that! I'm all for double-confirmation on gold purchases!

Regarding the extinguisher boost, I think it only puts out one flame (unless it does different amounts on different levels.) I was pretty unimpressed with it--seems like gold might be better spent on a bomb or diamond to combine with a blaster or something. Depends on the level, of course...if you have just one flame burning in a hard-to-reach spot, then the fire extinguisher boost would be perfect, lol! Btw, did you buy the boost during the round, or pre-start?

Good luck on 163!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast