Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Volcanic Ruins - Levels 163 - 168

Farm Supplier
    Level 164 is to put out the fire in 60 moves. There are 2 areas of flames lower left and right that are blocked in by crates.

Level 165 is 98 moves of digging down 12 blocks deep. There are rows of black jewels, white colour match jewels, and a few of those special ones that you have to make special jewels out of them to get rid of them (what are they called?!)

Level 166 is to put the fire out in 2 mins 30 sec. There's nothing keeping the fire contained, 20 flames to start with, and it seems to move quickly. Matching has been a problem for me on this level, even after a couple of seconds it reshuffles, and typically, just as you're about to make a match right next to the flames, the flame spreads to one of the ones you're going to swap with! Grrr!

Level 163: Sounds like they keep changing the time on this one. As of now, there's 53 seconds on the clock to put out 12 fires (5JC.) Aileeniweeni mentioned you don't have to **** the 2 top snakes--I wonder if you have to **** the bottom ones? The 2-headed snake's body holds the fire in, and keeps it from spreading. I wonder if you could blast the fire to put it out? Though, I suppose anything you did to clear those side flames would also clear the snake heads...effectively ****ing the snake anyway. Umm, nevermind, lol! Here's a screenshot:

This level goes by super-fast! I was going to try to start the level with at least one snake-head-match (the lower snake heads.) But instead, I think my strategy will be to make lots of special jewels first. That way, when the snake's body clears, I'll have lots of specials ready to clear the fire fast (because it starts spreading so quickly once the snake's gone.) We'll see if this works...
    Enjoy, and wish me luck, haha!
    Phaedrakiki

(BTW, not happy to see the fourth timed level in a row! What's up with all these timed levels? Luckily, pastasplace says the next 2 are "moves" levels! Can't wait!)

Wow, the fire spreads so fast on this level! I don't know how I'm gonna pass this thing. I suppose this will come down to a lucky board, as well. I can't imagine moving any faster than I already am!

Well, I "found a way" (haha) on 163--Yay! I was able to blast the lower snake (heads) to get rid of it right away, which allowed me spend almost the entire time focused on the fire. It spreads so quickly...at first I was pretty much making matches just to keep the fire from getting too big, but not really extinguishing it. Near the end, a blaster & bomb fell to the bottom-middle of the board, in a small gap in the fire. I combined them, and it extinquished all but one flame! Made one more match, and "tah-dah!" On to the next level... Whew!

Level 164: 60 moves to clear 16 fire (5JC.) There are crates keeping the 2 side fires from spreading, but the one in the middle at the bottom will begin to spread right away.

I tried this one a couple times already, and you can make lots of special jewels. I was hoping to put out the middle fire, then use a blaster or combo in the bottom-middle to wipe out the side fires (having left the crates intact so they wouldn't spread.) It didn't work for me yet, although I got really close. I'm not sure if this is a good strategy, or if I should abandon it & break the crates, after all. I'll let you know how it works out, lol!

Have fun,
    Phaedrakiki

K, my strategy finally worked. Well...partially. I put the middle fire out, but never was able to get a blaster + bomb in the right place (at the bottom-middle) to blow out the right/left fires. So once the middle fire was out, I broke the crates on the left, and started working on that fire. Once that was out, I started extinguishing the final fires to the right. I made and used lots of special jewels & combos (including diamonds & diamond + blaster--twice!) Only used about half of my moves when I passed. Should've made a few extra moves/combos to boost my score (before putting out last fire,) but I didn't think of it. Heck, the fire probably would've got away from me, anyway--and my score wouldn't have mattered, lol! Oh, well...it was a fun level. Now I'm on to the next!

Fashion Designer
    Go Phaedrakiki Go!

i ran out of energy and battery so the fun is over for me tonight. i finally passed the last level on unicorm summit on my other account and i'm making up for lost time! i cleared 2 islands this weekend (on that account). feels like so much progress! i don't know why i'm on a roll all of a sudden but sounds like you are too!!

Fashion Designer
    and wow i'm comparing the stats of the levels from when i first posted to the stats that pastasplace and phaedrakiki posted. increase in time and moves! yay that's what i like to hear. perhaps that's why i was able to clear 2 islands on my "behind" account, but i couldn't tell if it's because the parameters are different or if it's because i've played them before already? either way, i guess it makes it nicer to go back to previous levels and try to go for 3 stars! or do the unfinished goals

Level 165: Dig 12 levels in 98 moves (5JC.) There are unbreakable/stone jewels, black boxes, and ice/white blocks embedded in the dirt/bricks.

I really enjoyed this level! It was a lot of fun, and I got to make tons of diamonds, blasters, bombs, and combinations. Made it all the way to level 19 or 20. (Was hoping to see "China" like players reported on other levels...but, no.) Anyway, there are lots of barriers in your way, but if you focus on digging, you'll get down to 12 meters easily...
    Enjoy (I did!)
    Phaedrakiki
    [PS: Boo! Now it's on to a timed level again...]

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Go Phaedrakiki Go!

(...) i cleared 2 islands this weekend (on that account). feels like so much progress! i don't know why i'm on a roll all of a sudden but sounds like you are too!!
    Thanks! Actually, I'm not really on a roll, I'm just finally moving after being stuck on 162 for so long!

BTW, I knew you hadn't lost your Jewel Mania Mojo!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    and wow i'm comparing the stats of the levels (...)
    Yeah, that's why I like to leave all the stats when I post level info (even the # of jewel colors used.) I find it all very interesting (all the changes they make,) and it's nice to be able to compare. Usually it's adding time or moves, but sometimes it's the opposite. After you blew through Abyssal Keep, they might reduce time/moves for the rest of us! JK (Oooh, I hope not, lol!) Then again, we don't all have your s****s (or JMM--JM Mojo!)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast