Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cacti Corner - Levels 133 - 138

That was fun! The 1st time, I got about halfway down when I ran out of moves. But the 2nd time, I got lucky with several opportunities to create diamonds & lots of other specials (& combos.) That made it pretty easy to pass on my 2nd turn. I forgot to mention, there are some black boxes in level 136, as well. But not too many; the hardest part is getting the snakes that are "head down" (so to speak.)

Level 137 is timed...48 glass in 1:50 (5 jewel colors.) There are 2 snakes (4 heads) running vertically up & down on the left & right of the board. Just to the outside of them are ice blocks (with glass underneath, I'm guessing.) So we'll have to **** the snakes to clear the ice to clear the glass--whew!

It's actually very similar to level 134--same shape and type of snake. Anyway, will try to start with a board with optimal moves--snake-clearing, special-jewel-creating, etc. Above all, will need to move fast, which is not my forte. Here goes...

Smile

I got soooo lucky on my 2nd try @137! Another one of those "single remaining glass in the corner" things, and I made a last chance swipe under it & the last glass matched! Got 2 or 3 diamonds, too (can't remember now--I'm all hyped/heart beating too fast again...) Did some combos, as well as kept most moves toward the bottom & sides (the sticky-outie things) once I'd cleared the snakes... Whoo-hoo! I think I'm gonna have a heart attack, but I sure am excited, lol~

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Do. I lost 9 gold when I swiped jewels and my screen said I chose a boost. Definitely didn't. (...) I wonder if it's a board sync problem (...) I lost tons of gems to that sync problem. (...) Totally not happy with lost gems anywhere.
    I missed your post somehow, was just going to ask you about 138 (caught you, can't believe it! Though it won't last--pretty sure I'll be stuck here a long time, too. This level looks mighty tough. Those side snakes, with unreachable heads...ouchie!) Scrolled back to check the spelling of your name and saw your post, lol! I'm sorry about your gold robbery. That's awful...makes you so mad, right? It certainly sounds like you could have a sync problem...pretty sure I do, as well. I get freezing all the time. Plus, I get energy fluctuations. It'll steal one or two, and sometimes put 'em back a turn or 2 later (but not always.) I've written to support...waiting to hear back.

Congrats on passing 135 finally. I'm still on 138. (...) This one is turning out to be another level 89 for me. Ha!
    Thanks! I got super lucky the last couple levels. I hope it continues, but this one looks pretty hard. Good luck to you, hope you pass this quickly. I know you will, cuz you've practiced it plenty...so now you're gonna get that lucky board, with the right jewels, in the right places, at the right time. You go, girl!

Level 138: 56 glass in (only!) 25 moves...

4 snakes: 2 vertical, head-at-the-top snakes on left & right sides--which look crazy-difficult to clear; 2 shorter, 2-headed, horizontal ones--1 at bottom, 1 at 4th row. There's also a gift/present (love those!) Hmmm...what's in the box, what's in the box??? Guess I'll play to find out, now that my pulse has settled to an acceptable level.

Gardienn, you're on this level--any tips you wanna share? Especially regarding those side snakes? I suppose diamonds, swapped w/jewel color of eyes, but that's the only sure way I can think of. Or maybe a screen reshuffle will get a blaster/bomb up there! What's the best way you've found to get those guys?

Well, here goes...givin' it a try~

K, the present/gift in 138 is a diamond, which is crucial to get rid of the snakes on the sides. The first time I played, I made a diamond & used it to get rid of one side snake...I totally forgot about the present (didn't realize I had another diamond! What a dummy!) Afterwards, I thought "Oh man, forgot to see what my present was." I did well that turn--might've passed if I'd remembered the gift...

I think as part of my strategy, I'll try to start with boards where the side snakes have the same eye color. That way, the present knocks 'em both out with one swipe! (And I'll only have to have 1 diamond...though more's better, lol!) Awaiting energy...

Fashion Designer
    Part of my strategy right now is to restart the game if the opening board has too many different colored snake eyes. I try to get the top two heads the same color and I'll play as long as the jewels on the board aren't all total opposite colors, but this can make for a lot of restarts. Interestingly, the times I've had one glass left were times I said "screw it" and played anyway.

I'm also trying to use the free diamond as soon as possible so I have more time to clear glass, get blaster bomb combos, and if the board is super crummy, try to get a reshuffle. Let me know if you come up with something else. It seems that a lot of the success here has to do with luck getting extra diamonds. The board has to land just right. Sometimes they're downright crummy.

Fashion Designer
    Just passed 138. You need diamonds. Lots and lots of diamond. Remember, those upper corner glass take two hits to break.

Congrats! I knew you'd make it, lol! Thanks for the tips, too...

Cool Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    K, the present/gift in 138 is a diamond, which is crucial to get rid of the snakes on the sides. (...)
    my strategy, (...) start with boards where the side snakes have the same eye color. That way, the present knocks 'em both out with one swipe! (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Part of my strategy right now is to restart the game if the opening board has too many different colored snake eyes. I try to get the top two heads the same color and I'll play as long as the jewels on the board aren't all total opposite colors, but this can make for a lot of restarts. (...)
    Whew--made it! Passed 138. Using my "matching snake-head" strategy & Gardienn's tips really helped. You def have to use the diamond to get the snakes out of the way pronto, cuz you need as many moves as possible to get all the double-glass, especially at the top left and right. Like she said:
    (...) I'm also trying to use the free diamond as soon as possible so I have more time to clear glass, get blaster bomb combos, and if the board is super crummy, try to get a reshuffle. (...) It seems that a lot of the success here has to do with luck getting extra diamonds. (...)
    Diamonds really are the key...during my turns, seemed I had to make 'em & use 'em just to get close! Bomb+blasters are fantastic for clearing lots of glass, but on this board, the T-shaped blast doesn't hit the tougher areas (upper left & right.) Well, guess it would if you detonated at the top, but that's hard to do... I finally passed cuz I made 2 diamonds in addition to the free one. (Combined last one w/blaster.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn
    Interestingly, the times I've had one glass left were times I said "screw it" and played anyway.
    Haha, yeah...sometimes it seems like the left/right snake eyes will never match. I've said that too...and also got really close! (So maybe...?) 'Course, close didn't mean pass!

Anyway, this has been a very fun island. Lots of calm levels, and even the timed ones weren't that stressful. Thanks, TL! Off to Snalien Fields island for more fun... Yippeeee!

New Resident
    Does anyone have a problem seeing the snakes? Mine are showing as other symbols (for example the entire snake is yellow blisters and the head might be 4 diamonds in a box). Does anyone have any idea (I am on level 138)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	7513  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast