Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cacti Corner - Levels 133 - 138

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Yeah, as I played today I realized (...)
    What level are you on now? You're doing so well! Awesome...

Fashion Designer
    Yeah, as I played today I realized I was incorrect, but I didn't have the opportunity to come back and say so until now. Thank you for correcting me.
    lol sorry i am on this forum too much so i was quick to the draw. on that note, i too have posted incorrect info about a level more than once!! i think it's my excitement for this game... can't help it!! and sounds like you're making great progress

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    What level are you on now? You're doing so well! Awesome...
    I've graduated to level 134. It's not timed. I like that. I don't like the doom gems lodged between two snakes.

I've graduated to level 134. It's not timed. I like that. (...)
    Very impressive!

(...) I don't like the doom gems lodged between two snakes.
    Sounds very difficult & scary! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    lol sorry i am on this forum too much so i was quick to the draw. on that note, i too have posted incorrect info about a level more than once!! i think it's my excitement for this game... can't help it!! (...)
    LOL, me too! I'm definitely obsessed!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    LOL, me too! I'm definitely obsessed!
    Me three.

I can't believe I'm finally here! Level 133 introduces snakes. You have to dig 11 levels in 40 moves (5 jewel colors.) With snakes as barriers. Here's the entire level (you actually have a bit more room--jewels--at the top, I had to snap this early before the "lesson" showed up):

There are tips on how to deal with snakes on the 1st page of this thread, as well as this little tip from the game:

When you clear a snake, a puff of smoke or something comes out--what's that supposed to be? Like we burned the snake or something, maybe? Venom? A reminder: as already described, if there's more than one head on a body, you have to get rid of both heads for the body to disappear. Well, tried it once & it was fun. Now, let's try again and pass, huh?

Woo-hoo! Passed 133 on the 3rd try (or was it the 2nd?) I swear, if I don't post right away I can't remember! This level's very fun--it's pretty easy to create special jewels. And learning to **** the snakes...seeing them kinda slump into a pile of ash (?) Very cool!

As for 134: 60 glass in 30 moves. There are 2 vertical wooden walls that separate columns 3 & 4, and 5 & 6. Two snakes (4 heads) run the length of the walls, and there are 4 doom jewels w/10 on their timers in the center of the board. I almost passed it the first time--got 59/60. Had 1 single pane of glass left--that glass-break boost looked very tempting. I'll post photos tomorrow, gonna hit the sack. 'Night!

Fashion Designer
    Hot on my tail. I'm on level 137. Passed 136 this morning. Well done.

Talking 134

Thanks, Gardienn! I'm trying, lol...

I'm still half-asleep--slept in & it was awesome! Decided to try 134, and the same thing happened; I had a single pane of glass left again--in the same place--as I got down to my last move. This pic is from last night:

But today, I had two green jewels in the pink-circled area. I "made a wish" as I made this last move: a vertical match (similar to blue one) in the 3rd column. I hoped green would be the replacement jewel color (at top) and that it would "bonus match" for me (it was more like "C'mon green!" in my head.) Had a 1 in 5 chance...and it worked! I passed, lol! Whoop, whoop! (Don't know what that means or why I said it.)

Here's how 134 looks at the beginning of the level:

For this level, I just used basic glass strategy. I also made sure to start the level with optimal moves (or I restarted.) In 134's case, I wanted at least one doom-jewel-clearing move visible (blue arrow, red doom jewel,) as well as move(s) at the bottom (red arrow, which leads to green snake head match,) and hopefully, at least one snake-****ing move (blue arrow, red snake head.) Keep an eye on those top edges, as well as the "sticky-out" sides on right/left (blue arrows on first photo.) That's where the remaining glass seems to be as you near the end. The bottom left/right didn't seem as difficult to reach, cuz I concentrated matches at bottom, plus it's easier to blast the bottom row. In fact it seemed pretty easy to make lots of blasters when I passed, but no diamond or bomb. So it is possible to pass w/o special combos, though you'd get a better score with 'em. I'll play this again for 3 stars, cuz it was quite fun!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast