Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Color Splitting/Hard to Breed

New Resident

Question Color Splitting/Hard to Breed

I swear this isn't another thread complaining about how hard it is to get black/pink dragon hybrids, so bear with me.

I can understand color splitting, and making it more challenging to get certain hybrids, but there has been a few times where I've gotten a coral dragon (water/magic hybrid) from breeding a night dragon with a dragon that was NOT blue, purple, or black. So far its been night/air, night/fire, and night/forest that has resulted in a coral dragon. This means that the hybrid (blue/purple) only took traits from the night dragon (blue/purple/black) and COMPLETELY neglected the other parent dragon.

Color splitting is one thing, but if you're breeding TWO dragons, the hybrid should have traits from BOTH parent dragons, not just one.

Executive Chef
    The breeding den just picks a selection of random elements from the dragons you put in. It's fussy and likes to split Black and Pink apart.

And then it chooses a dragon from that combo, and then the dragons poop it out.

That's how the Breeding Den rolls, so when it's picking and choosing it just takes 2 or 3 random elements: not always from both dragons.

Fashion Designer
    I wish elements would come from both dragons too, but it's just not the case sometimes, even with normal colors. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to breed a Griffin with another hybrid and ended up with a Sunrise.

Rhino Keeper
    In my case the traits seem to come from only one of the parents a majority of the time. On the plus side, while trying for pink hybrids my fails are mostly 5 hour Love dragons.

Rhino Keeper
    The breeding rules don't make sense anymore. Don't even think about it. It's not worth it. I honestly think TL broke the breeding rules trying to fix the Passion/Infinity bug and can't or don't care to fix them.

Basically, there is no logical strategy when going for a black/mythic/pink hybrid or using 3 element or diamond element dragons for breeding. That's why it's so hard to breed anything but basic, two element hybrids, anymore. There are so many possibilities that actually getting what you want is very, very unlikely. Much more so than before.

Rhino Keeper
    I dont understand why virtue x diamond splits now, it didnt before when unicorn was first introduced. Why change that one just because black splits?!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by angellahg View Post
    I dont understand why virtue x diamond splits now, it didnt before when unicorn was first introduced. Why change that one just because black splits?!
    I think that rule is actually more related to Diamond than Night. Previously, if you did Diamond/Hybrid you would never get a Diamond hybrid. They changed it recently so that you can.
    At least that's my understanding. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by angellahg View Post
    It was supposed to split, but at first they did not realized that rule was not working or whey did and fixed it as soon as they could. One way or another pink always can split and I am tired from unicorn breeding.

Executive Chef
    It has to choose random colors or else I think the three way 3 way dragons wouldn't work...

Random is the key word. I bred 4 colours, got a 20 hr egg. Result.. ? Magic again...

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast