Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Djinn Junction - Levels 121 - 126

Oops, timer on level 123 was 1:35, not 1:40... Passed it the third time, used a diamond+blaster, as well as a blaster+bomb & some "like-specials" combos. The board reshuffled about 30 seconds in, which pulled most of the stone jewels out of the pockets, making things a whole lot easier. Had one last glass in that side "outie" on the left, but luckily I matched it with just a few seconds left... Whew!

I earned forty gold bars from challenges, too. Expect to lose that soon (end of the next timed level, if not sooner!)

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I was having the same problem, and then I got a good run. I'm convinced it was the game handing out good jewels that turn, so it might just be that kind of case. Keep practicing so you're ready for when that good board hits and you'll get through. If you haven't already, take a break for a day or two to regroup.
    Forgot to say "thanks!" Appreciate everything...was just about to take your advice about the break, but decided to give it one more run... I was really bummed-out, so thanks for the encouragement!

Fashion Designer
    I'm looking for your post that says, "I finally did it!"

Here's level 124:

124 has 60 glass in 30 moves. 4 doom jewels in the middle surrounded by black boxes & crates, w/some wooden walls thrown in. Might be tricky...but aaahhhhhh, it's a level where I can take my time. Hurray!

I'll start this level with optimal moves, like at the bottom, next to crates, doom-jewel-clearing, "outie" sides, or special-jewel-making (or I'll restart.) As usual, lots of special jewels needed! Here goes...

I'm looking for your post that says, "I finally did it!"
    Lol...Did you see these posts? #'s 28 & 29:

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    I...passed...122.

I'm showing this 124 board cuz it's a good example of starting with optimal moves/a good board:

There's a move to clear the red doom jewel (which also lines up the purple doomie above it to be cleared.) Plus, there's a move that "hits" every single crate. (It's important to clear the crates cuz glass underneath!) I didn't pass with this board, but got super-close. Wasted a few moves trying to get a blaster next to my 1st diamond. I used diamond+blaster twice, but ended up needing a couple of those "wasted" moves to clear the remaining glass.

I first heard this tip (about restarting a level if you don't have some good starting moves) from Omnibliss...and it really comes in handy. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for everyone. It can take an energy from some when restarting--in which case it wouldn't be useful after all! (So sorry, Aileeniweeni! Though it's definitely not holding you back--can you even hear me in Serpent Sanctuary? lol )

Fashion Designer
    Lol...Did you see these posts? #'s 28 & 29:
    I did not. I obviously didn't look very hard because those are obvious. Oy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I did not. I obviously didn't look very hard because those are obvious. Oy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Thanks! Actually, it's pretty easy to overlook things in this thread. I've been more than a little long winded (& that's putting it mildly!)

125: 2:20 to clear 64 glass tiles. 4 doom jewels in the middle (as previously described.) Wooden walls separate every column--with portals at the top & bottom of each one.

This level is insane! OMG, the jewels just keep moving, it's SO hard to make matches. The first time I played, I basically concentrated on making matches on the right side, to keep the jewels moving thru the portals & matching themselves, lol! Got like 58/64 with that strategy...time to try again!

Fashion Designer
    LOL--I loved that level just because stuff happened. It took a bit for me to get through, but not too long. I think you'll make it through ok. Forget about the timer and just keep doing what you're doing. You have the right strategy. And keep thinking "swipe down down down."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast