Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Djinn Junction - Levels 121 - 126

Thumbs down

Ugggh, this is ridiculous! I hate to say it, but this just might be the end for me. I'm still stuck on 122. Completely frustrating--I don't get closer than halfway most of the time. Got the furthest the 1st two times I played, & never got close again.

I'm moving as fast as I can & doing the right things...far as I can tell, anyway. I'm starting the level with good moves right next to the crates as well as the dirt on both sides. I'm making lots of blasters & bombs, and combining them where possible. I'm making diamonds, too--but I don't combine with blasters cuz it eats too much time. Sometimes I just end up combining them with a regular gem if there are no good moves near the dirt (or moves that create special jewels.) Or I use w/the color of a blaster I want to set off. I'm moving as fast as I can, not wasting moves at the top (except when there are no other moves--right before reshuffle,) and basically concentrating on digging... Is there something else I should be doing?

I'm starting to think it's silly to torture myself like this--it's supposed to be fun! I rarely enjoy timed levels, they're more of an obstacle to get thru to the other fun levels. And when it takes days (or more) to pass them, it stops feeling worth it. Plus, I know the next level's timed, too (from this thread.) I don't want to be a quitter, though. And I've been hoping to make it to the snakes & fire levels eventually. I love Jewel Mania, so I'll give it a little longer. But if I don't pass soon, or if I get stuck on the next timed level, too...?

This is a test, to see if I can upload a picture. Hopefully it works, & this is of 122, my nemesis. Looks pretty tame, right? But unless I'm just totally psyched-out...it's a ****er!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	6907  

Fashion Designer
    This one ****ed me for awhile too and I thought I'd never get it. And then I finally landed enough diamond gems to make it through. Hang in there. You'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    This one ****ed me for awhile too and I thought I'd never get it. And then I finally landed enough diamond gems to make it through. Hang in there. You'll get it.
    Thanks for the encouragement--I really need it! Sorry for all this venting, but this is the worst level ever for me! It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult--not a lot of doom jewels or tough barriers. I'm guessing the triple-boarded crates are part of the problem...they slow progress, even though they appear benign.

What worries me is my lack of progress. On previous difficult levels, 105 for example, I could see a gradual improvement as I kept "practicing." Not with this one. I suppose I'm getting a little further...6, sometimes 7/11 now (vs. of 4 or 5.) But often only 3 or so, ...when there are barely any matches. Like there's time to "hunt" for the only match left! It's crazy...I don't see why this level has to be so difficult. It would still be a challenge with extra time or one less color jewel (for example.) I've still only managed to get close one other time (other than 1st two.) That time I had lots of diamonds and combos. Everything happening "perfectly." It's hard to imagine I'll ever be able to move faster or have better luck than that. So how can I ever pass? Ugh, I really, really hate this level--despise it. Can't tell you how stupid I feel having spent a week on what feels like punishment. I mean, come on!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement--I really need it! Sorry for all this venting, but this is the worst level ever for me!
    sounds to me like you are doing all the right things. focusing on digging, and not combining diamond + blaster so that you avoid wasting time on the clock. i looked back at my comments towards the beginning of this thread and it looks like it took me a couple days to pass it. i even said that i needed every single second. so i think that you just need to keep at it and you'll get one of those "perfect" rounds soon!! i just know it!! the level isn't tricky, it's just a matter of getting those good matches near the bricks so you can dig dig dig. i believe in you!!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    sounds to me like (...)
    you just need to keep at it and you'll get one of those "perfect" rounds soon!! i just know it!! the level isn't tricky, it's just a matter of getting those good matches near the bricks so you can dig dig dig. i believe in you!!
    Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    I was having the same problem, and then I got a good run. I'm convinced it was the game handing out good jewels that turn, so it might just be that kind of case. Keep practicing so you're ready for when that good board hits and you'll get through. If you haven't already, take a break for a day or two to regroup.

I...passed...122.

Here's 123:

48 2x-glass in 1:40. Check out the nice yellow "diamond" match right in the middle! Unfortunately, I was only planning on taking a pic then restarting, so by the time I saw this match, I'd lost some time. If I'd been prepared, I might've passed, cuz I was able to clear several unbreakable/stone jewels, & clear lots of glass. Anyway, though its timed & those wooden "pockets" are a little tricky, this doesn't look too daunting. I imagine just about anything's better than being stuck on 122! Hopefully I won't be here too long...got some serious catch-up to do~

As for strategy, this looks pretty straightforward. I'll try to start with optimal moves, like the one above--or restart the level. Also, matches toward the bottom to create more "extra" matches as the jewels fall in. Gonna have to focus on those pocket areas, the bottom, sides (that stick out,) etc. Lots of special jewels required!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast