• Trading & Crafting

311 75.30%
  • Storage

12 2.91%
  • Dragon Album

23 5.57%
  • Multiple Move

2 0.48%
  • Dragon Quest (noted: still in beta testing on iOS but nice to test on Android too)

5 1.21%
  • smoother movement around island

11 2.66%
  • faster response to accept map/friend/gold requests

7 1.69%
  • Breeding Boost

12 2.91%
  • Spin Wheel (free access to clockworks)

15 3.63%
Page 2 of 165 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 3]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by UnoRaven View Post
    A new thread and yet none of the issues have been fixed from the first one.
    Same on my android phone. I do try visiting now and then, but anyone with more than five habitats is usually a no-go. XD

Executive Chef
    Also, what is seen in this image happens way too often!! :/ and just the other day, the lateral fountain of water (on the left side of the upper island, or whatever) was flowing downside-up. Er, upside-down. Basically, the water was flowing in the opposite direction for which gravity would usually be forcing it towards.
    Magical water! Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	6352  

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by salinho View Post
    Also, what is seen in this image happens way too often!! :/ and just the other day, the lateral fountain of water (on the left side of the upper island, or whatever) was flowing downside-up. Er, upside-down. Basically, the water was flowing in the opposite direction for which gravity would usually be forcing it towards.
    Magical water! Lol.
    Ooh a flood.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    ooh a flood.
    lol!!!!

Banned
    I have probably been the hardest on TeamLava over all the Android players but part that is we shouldn't be relegated to one area of the forum where we can be swept under the carpet and ignored (that's how we feel...even if that's not how it is in reality). That's partially because I've been a developer, I know what it's like to write code for different platforms, I know what it's like to try and port code from one language to another, and I know how to work in a proper multi-platform development workflow. From where I stand, TL hasn't done things properly.

Someone stated they think TL may be trying to update everything at once...that may or may not be true. From a progress perspective that approach is the wrong one. There should be incremental feature updates to bring things into parity. There are a couple reasons for this:

1) Shows development progress to your userbase
    2) Allows for better bug fix/testing with smaller code changes...too much of a code change can introduce a lot of different bugs at one time.

There are other reasons but I can't think of them right now.

For the record, most of us get it, that Android development will lag a bit as features are released for iOS. The ideal is to release the same features at the same time, but can't always happen and we understand that. But it should be at the very least Feature A for iOS...Feature A for Android/Kindle, Then Feature B for iOS...Feature B for Android/Kindle...etc. Not Feature A,B,C,D,E for iOS, Feature A for Android/Kindle, Feature F,G,H,I,J,K for iOS..you get the idea.

I do have to give Kudos to TL for providing us the Pink Dragons and then black dragons at the same time as iOS. Credit where credit is due.

But it does seem TL is lacking some Android programmers...You need one, I'll pitch in...but I can't come to Cali, you'd have to have a remote employee (did that before as a tech writer, with the occasional trip to HQ in Austin,TX to meet with the engineers and other tech writers when I worked for Metrowerks...now Freescale Semiconductor).

Let's home we at least see some progress and soon...players are getting very discouraged over any kind of update. I realize you may not be able to commit to a specific timeline, but communication with your userbase is extremely important. You're loosing people. You're loosing Gold Purchasers!! We purchase more gold than iOS users do, because we HAVE to in order to get some things iOS users have..the Amethyst Dragon contest showed that. Don't loose out on our money TL...You want us...AND...we WANT you. We love the game.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-04-13 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Discussing mod actions-see forum rules

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    I have probably been the hardest on TeamLava over all the Android players but part that is we shouldn't be relegated to one area of the forum where we can be swept under the carpet and ignored (that's how we feel...even if that's not how it is in reality). That's partially because I've been a developer, I know what it's like to write code for different platforms, I know what it's like to try and port code from one language to another, and I know how to work in a proper multi-platform development workflow. From where I stand, TL hasn't done things properly.

Someone stated they think TL may be trying to update everything at once...that may or may not be true. From a progress perspective that approach is the wrong one. There should be incremental feature updates to bring things into parity. There are a couple reasons for this:

2) Allows for better bug fix/testing with smaller code changes...too much of a code change can introduce a lot of different bugs at one time.

For the record, most of us get it, that Android development will lag a bit as features are released for iOS. The ideal is to release the same features at the same time, but can't always happen and we understand that. But it should be at the very least Feature A for iOS...Feature A for Android/Kindle, Then Feature B for iOS...Feature B for Android/Kindle...etc. Not Feature A,B,C,D,E for iOS, Feature A for Android/Kindle, Feature F,G,H,I,J,K for iOS..you get the idea.

I do have to give Kudos to TL for providing us the Pink Dragons and then black dragons at the same time as iOS. Credit where credit is due.

But it does seem TL is lacking some Android programmers...You need one, I'll pitch in...but I can't come to Cali, you'd have to have a remote employee (did that before as a tech writer, with the occasional trip to HQ in Austin,TX to meet with the engineers and other tech writers when I worked for Metrowerks...now Freescale Semiconductor).

Let's home we at least see some progress and soon...players are getting very discouraged over any kind of update. I realize you may not be able to commit to a specific timeline, but communication with your userbase is extremely important. You're loosing people. You're loosing Gold Purchasers!! We purchase more gold than iOS users do, because we HAVE to in order to get some things iOS users have..the Amethyst Dragon contest showed that. Don't loose out on our money TL...You want us...AND...we WANT you. We love the game.
    exactly! u read my mind...i just dont have the patience to write it all out on my tablet lol. we appreciate u tonguelashing :-)
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-04-13 at 06:19 PM. Reason: edited quote

Banned
    Once again, tonguelashing, you worded everything perfectly and I am grateful we have someone who knows about programming as well as you do. Hopefully, this post will get read and things will start changing.

Rhino Keeper

But...but...but you're not supposed to say that! Just another reason they would want to update us as slowly as possible!

Anyway, I think someone at TL who plays the games should transfer their games to an android device. I sure hope you guys have test devices... but don't just use them as test devices, get someone to play their games on it. Then you'll know how the android players actually feel. And not just that, maybe you'll end up catching more bugs and whatnot, or get an insight about how better to code things?

Executive Chef
    I have probably been the hardest on TeamLava over all the Android players posts get but part that is we shouldn't be relegated to one area of the forum where we can be swept under the carpet and ignored (that's how we feel...even if that's not how it is in reality). That's partially because I've been a developer, I know what it's like to write code for different platforms, I know what it's like to try and port code from one language to another, and I know how to work in a proper multi-platform development workflow. From where I stand, TL hasn't done things properly.

True, true, true ... it's all true! Thank you!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lollipop_rp View Post
    hi, im not an android.
    i just wanted to share my opinion by saying the games given android a hard time but i hope you get the new updates.
    Thank you for supporting our cause!

I need to vent if you don't mind. If you don't want to hear (well read) my whine feel free to ignore me, I won't take it personal! I'm sorry but my stupid bulging disc in my back hurts after months of being pain free and I'm not handling it to well. I admit it, I'm cranky! Ok anyway, to my vent....

I'm starting to think either my dragons are on strike or my breeding den is broken! Since the breeding changes took effect I have not been able to breed a single black hybrid and only one pink hybrid. I know why it's happening, it's just making the game frustrating rather than fun. I've had no luck getting a mythic either. After numerous unsuccessful tries breeding limiting possible outcomes by using the minimum colors for a dragon I am missing I have taken a break from that approach. I use one of the two diamond hybrids I have with another dragon (usually bat because I like to torture myself). One of these times I'll get something good.

I usually don't have a problem with multiple failures trying to get a rare or super rare, but this is just beyond ridiculous. I've played many types of games for years, I'm used to trying for ages to get a particular rare thing. Usually if I get frustrated I move on for a bit and try again later. This time there really isn't anything to do while taking a break from the newer dragons. The only dragons I haven't bred are in the diamond family (I've only had my diamond since December). I suspect the dragons being harder to get is to keep players from getting all the dragons so quickly. Which would be the closest thing a player could be to "beating the game" and moving on. Just a thought....

Of course there is the usual android player whine... Adding further insult to the mass amount of failures lately is selling them for 100 coins. I'm level 94 so even the exp we get hatching a dragon to a habitat doesn't matter. I find myself logging in less and less during the day. I haven't quit yet, but what's the point of playing? I've just been stocking up to coins and food. If I wanted to farm I'd play a farming game.

I could go on but I won't! No sense saying the same things we all complain about. I've read about other people having problems like this with other dragons. I suspect it's my turn to feel the pain. Hehe