Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Iguana Fiesta- levels 115 - 120

120: dig 14 levels in 40 moves. There's actually only a narrow strip of "dirt" on right/left with a wooden wall separating it from the jewels in the center. Some stone jewels throughout, which aren't "dig-friendly" unless you clear them. Can also move 'em out of the way. Got down to the last 2 rows every time, but this level seems to take careful use of moves & some luck with the perfect layout. Also, I started each time with at least one good 1st move (that touches dirt and/or clears stone jewel--or restart.) Took me 3 tries...

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Ok good luck and plz catch up so I'm not talking to myself in toadstool thicket.
    Lol, do that often? I hope I can catch up, but I'm not a "speedy" gal...prob why I prefer moves over timed levels. Yep, diamonds are awesome (both kinds!) Wish I'd known how useful they are in JM earlier! Those boosts look extremely tempting sometimes, especially after we got to try them out in those gift/present levels awhile back! I also believe they must "fine-tune" the levels so you need just a little extra to pass!

I hope to join you soon, but for now I'm off to Djinn Junction... Whoo-hoo!

If you get really stuck on a timed level h ave a friend play half the screen with you. You can only do it on an iPad otherwise too many fat fingers in the way. It makes the game even more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OpeningCeremony View Post
    (...) Did pretty well on my 1st go at 119 and had like 1 or 2 glasses left. The entire board is double glassed but stone jewels and doom jewels drop in. My 2nd try, a doom jewel exploded within a few moves, I think the countdown started around 6? I can't remember. Ran out of energy so will try again in the morning. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglara501 View Post
    The annoying thing especially about 118 and to a lesser extent 119 is that you seem to only be able to move once at a time after the first 10 gos which means overrelying on the board having no matches and reshuffling. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    119: 46 jewels in 25 moves. 4 unbreakable/stone jewels in a separate area at the top (no glass,) that fall into the main board once you move, as well as a few doom jewels that drop in with regular gems. A few slightly hard to reach corners, but not bad. A nice, relaxed, fun level! Took me 2 tries (starting with boards that had moves at bottom, or restarted.) (...)
    Level 119: 46 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) Moves have doubled on this one since I first played--woohoo! So of course I wanted to play again, and increase my 1 star rating (got 3-yay!) Here's the level:

The doom jewels that drop in have short timers (6 moves,) so don't wait to clear them! If you get one stuck in one of those upper corners, make a move underneath it so it will fall into the main board (where you'll hopefully find a match to clear it.) You could also try to blast it (or any of the rows, which will also knock it out...) Like most glass & unbreakable/stone jewel levels, it's easiest to convert the stone jewels into specials first. Alternatively, break the glass in the bottom row under them--where they could end up if they drop down. If the glass is broken before they land down there, you'll avoid the problem of stone jewels lying on glass you can't break, no matter what you throw at it (even blasters, bombs, combos, etc.) This level isn't as bad as some (only 4 stone jewels,) so you can probably maneuver the stone jewels out of the way anyway, if they're sitting on glass you need to break.

In the photo on the left, I'm about to convert a blue stone jewel (circled in green) into a blaster. The photo on the right shows how I almost forgot about the purple doom jewel (outlined w/orange square) while I was paying attention to the stone jewel, lol! Luckily I had the yellow blaster (blue arrow) in the right spot so I could blow the doomie away!
    Besides the stone jewels, the level is actually pretty straightforward...just make special jewels & combine them to clear lots of glass fast. Watch out for those doom jewels (lots of doomies seem to drop after a big combo!) If you get down to one or two glass & still have lots of moves, you may want to do some combos, create more special jewels, or just make a few matches here and there to boost your score--then break the final glass(es.) Of course, you be sure to keep up with the doomies until the last glass is broken! Have fun!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234