Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iguana Fiesta- levels 115 - 120

Fashion Designer
    Good plan. You'll make it. (And I must confess. My goal was to pass you. I just didn't think it'd be this soon, if at all. lol)

I find the stone jewels a nice challenge. I keep reminding myself that I don't have to eliminate them, I can often get away with shifting them aside. 122 has me now. Tough level, at least for me. You'll probably breeze right through it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Good plan. You'll make it. (And I must confess. My goal was to pass you. I just didn't (...)
    Not long ago, when I first came to the forum, I was so motivated by people posting from levels ahead of me. It's a really good motivator--makes you want to catch up! (And passing's even better, lol!)

Uggh, I passed 117 by the skin of my teeth. Just one star , but I'll take it. No energy to see the next level, so I'll check out 118 tomorrow. G'night!

Fashion Designer
    Way to go!

118: 52 glass in 40 moves. An earlier poster wasn't kidding about the corners--tricky layout! Took me 3 tries to get the perfect combo of jewels/special jewel opportunities. Made a diamond every time, but that doesn't cut it when it comes to unbreakables... Anyway, fun level, nice and peaceful! I made sure to start each time with moves in the harder-to reach areas--like the vertical middle sections, as well as the bottom. Don't want to waste moves here, & bottom moves help clear glass as jewels fall in...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Way to go!
    Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    118: 52 glass in 40 moves. An earlier poster wasn't kidding about the corners--tricky layout! Took me 3 tries to get the perfect combo of jewels/special jewel opportunities. Made a diamond every time, but that doesn't cut it when it comes to unbreakables... Anyway, fun level, nice and peaceful! I made sure to start each time with moves in the harder-to reach areas--like the vertical middle sections, as well as the bottom. Don't want to waste moves here, & bottom moves help clear glass as jewels fall in...
    good job! wow level 118 took me FOREVER to pass! (or at least that's what it felt like... hehe). smooth sailing from there!! jk

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    good job! wow level 118 took me FOREVER to pass! (or at least that's what it felt like... hehe). smooth sailing from there!! jk
    Thanks! Smooth sailing sounds good, lol! I know what you mean about it feeling like some levels take forever. When really it means it takes a couple days! Though I have had some loooooooongg tries at levels. Like that 1st time there were jewels separated from the main board. I was stuck at that level for a month, give or take. I didn't know about combining special jewels, so the only thing I could do was make blasters. Very difficult if you think you need 3-jewel matches to set off the blaster! And back then, I thought diamonds were pretty worthless--didn't know they got rid of the color gem you swapping with (dang, was I observant!) I finally broke down and used my coins to buy a boost (still refused to buy gold, lol)...the only one I could get blew all special jewels at once. Well, it still didn't work, so I went back to my no-boost tries, losing hope. Eventually, I passed by accident--got diamonds, I think, and won in spite of myself! Lol! Wish I'd thought to check out this forum!!!

Thumbs up 119

119: 46 jewels in 25 moves. 4 unbreakable/stone jewels in a separate area at the top (no glass,) that fall into the main board once you move, as well as a few doom jewels that drop in with regular gems. A few slightly hard to reach corners, but not bad. A nice, relaxed, fun level! Took me 2 tries (starting with boards that had moves at bottom, or restarted.)

Yay! Now on to 120, an untimed digging level!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Thanks! Smooth sailing sounds good, lol! I know what you mean about it feeling like some levels take forever. When really it means it takes a couple days! Though I have had some loooooooongg tries at levels. Like that 1st time there were jewels separated from the main board. I was stuck at that level for a month, give or take. I didn't know about combining special jewels, so the only thing I could do was make blasters. Very difficult if you think you need 3-jewel matches to set off the blaster! And back then, I thought diamonds were pretty worthless--didn't know they got rid of the color gem you swapping with (dang, was I observant!) I finally broke down and used my coins to buy a boost (still refused to buy gold, lol)...the only one I could get blew all special jewels at once. Well, it still didn't work, so I went back to my no-boost tries, losing hope. Eventually, I passed by accident--got diamonds, I think, and won in spite of myself! Lol! Wish I'd thought to check out this forum!!!
    Don't you know? Diamonds are a girl's (or guy's) best friend. Lol. I also refuse to use boosts. I think why 118 is burned into my memory is because I kept clearing all the glass except for ONE!! I think TL really wanted me to use the glass breaking boost. So it just took me so many tries. I either had one of the glasses in a corner left or one of those wedged in that weird in between area. Other levels I can't remember for the life of me, like 119 as you've just described. Haha. Ok good luck and plz catch up so I'm not talking to myself in toadstool thicket.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast