Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shellside City- levels 109 - 114

110 has 64 glass with wooden crates/ice at the bottom...8 unbreakable gems (2 colors) trapped inside. 2:04 on timer (random!) I keep forgetting how to clear the stone/metal unbreakables, but I suppose I'll get used to it. These new gems are tough cuz you can make regular 3-matches with 'em, they just don't disappear (and then you've lost the colored gems you needed to clear the darn thing!)

Hope I don't get stuck here long...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Cool, a new feature! (...)
    That was fun, (...110's...) timed, though, so we'll see how "fun" unbreakables are under pressure, lol!
    Uggh, not fun at all! Level 110 was harder than I thought...considering no one here mentioned it. Just me? Actually, I think I was worrying too much about the unbreakables, when I needed to focus on the glass. One time I had 4 or 5 diamonds, but kept trying to clear the new jewels, & forgot the glass (which is the goal, duh!) The diamond combos almost cleared it all, but I lost focus, lol. Wish I could've "re-done" that turn!

Anyway, finally got it w/just one star. I'll go back once I get a better handle on the new jewels. Whew, I was worried I'd be stuck there... I hate timed levels! And unfortunately, 111's timed, too. Don't know anything else other than it's glass. Gotta wait for energy recharge...

No real "strategy" I used for 110. Just move fast, keep pounding those crates to get to glass underneath, make lots of special jewels and combos, and clear at least some of the unbreakable jewels. Focus mostly on the bottom; the upper part of the board will mostly take care of itself as jewels fall in from crate-clearing & the rest. It helps to also start with a layout that has flat, horizontal matches touching the crates as first moves...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Uggh, not fun (...) (111...) other than it's glass. (...)
    Whoops, 111 is a 6-level digging level, not glass! 2:40 on timer, with the new unbreakable jewels imbedded in dirt. 6 levels isn't far, but man, these new jewels are insane! How they work is tough to get your head around, & affects digging. I gotta get used to these...

Anyone have any tips/tricks?

111 & unbreakable jewels

OMG--I'm so stupid with these new unbreakable jewels! Help!

Thumbs up 111 & 112

Passed 111, thank goodness! Got two diamonds & swapped 'em, or I'd still be stuck. Then I (barely) managed to keep my head to clear a few new jewels & other matches to finish digging. So, luck, lol...I also made sure to start each time with a flat match (or two vertical) against the dirt to get a head start, cuz once you hit the unbreakables it's hard to get anywhere digging. They block progress unless you can find a 4-jewel match--I can only hope I'll get better/faster with these things!

112 is tough: 59 moves to clear 64 glass tiles. With ice blocks, new unbreakable jewels (stone/metal as some call them,) and wooden walls separating the board into a left, right, & middle area. Definitely makes it more difficult. For right now, I'm just happy I'm here & it's not timed...! I'm using the advice posted earlier in the thread, & I'm getting close (once only one glass left at bottom, once 2 glass!) Fun, challenging level!

113 & 114

Passed 112! Those new jewels are tough to get rid of...not that they have to be cleared necessarily, but you have to get 'em out of the way to break the glass. It's so weird blasting them/bombing them, etc. & they don't budge! If you're careful with each move, you can get close on 112. A little luck with your layout will do the rest, haha. Others posted about relying on reshuffling to do well, but that never happened to me. Maybe they changed something? Anyway, movin' on...yippee!

113 is digging--11-levels in 59 moves. Unbreakable jewels imbedded in the dirt again, but with cutout "windows" down the center this time. Fun level, passed it first time. Restarted level til I got good matches to start with against the dirt, then did the usual special jewels/combos thing to dig fast. Unbreakable jewels are much easier (and fun!) for me without a timer, lol.

114 is glass (64) in an odd shape. A row of unbreakable gems at the top w/ice row underneath, then regular gems. Then it narrows to the middle, just 1 or 2 gems wide in the 2nd- & 3rd-to-last rows, widening again at the bottom. This makes the left & right at the bottom really hard to get to. If the new jewels get down there--I had 2 fall--impossible! I had all the glass cleared but under the 2 unbreakables (same color, even!) And like 30-something moves left, but couldn't move them to get to the glass. Crazy! No energy now, but I definitely want to try that again!

Got 1 energy so played 114 one more time--same thing. I was more careful this time. Tried not to work the bottom at all until I'd cleared the unbreakables, but some blasters went off & down they fell... You get 59 moves, which is a lot, but I couldn't find a way to move em. Ah, well... Tomorrow!

If you have any tips on 114, please help!

Wink

Aha! I just figured it out...clear the glass at the bottom before getting rid of the ice @top. The ice barrier will help keep the unbreakables from falling down until the glass is gone. After that, it doesn't matter how many are down there!

If only I had energy to test it... Think I'd better hit the sack instead, lol!

~~30 min. later~~
    Haha, had another energy by the time I was ready for bed, so tried my theory above. I actually ended up clearing all the unbreakables but one, then started making special jewels & combos to clear the remaining glass. The 1 new jewel did fall, but luckily, glass in that spot already cleared! Only one star, though--I'll definitely revisit this. Fun!

So now, it's "Goodbye, Shellside City!"...and a "Hello" to the Iguana Fiesta island!

Fashion Designer
    Phaedrakiki, I think you're addicted. lol

(I'm on 111)

Fashion Designer
    Got down to one special gem in the bottom right corner on 114 and couldn't get it. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast