Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shellside City- levels 109 - 114

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Phaedrakiki, I think you're addicted. lol

(I'm on 111)
    I am! (Actually, I was, lol. When I get stuck on these timed levels--like 116 now, it's no fun!) You sure are speeding thru--when you said you were on my tail, I had a feeling you'd catch me! I'd say I'm on your tail, now...but I don't think so--not fast enough! You go, girl! (or boy, sorry!)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    I am! (Actually, I was, lol. When I get stuck on these timed levels--like 116 now, it's no fun!) You sure are speeding thru--when you said you were on my tail, I had a feeling you'd catch me! I'd say I'm on your tail, now...but I don't think so--not fast enough! You go, girl! (or boy, sorry!)
    lol

Just had a good day, I think.

Fashion Designer
    We'll probably be playing tag throughout.

Farm Supplier
    110 seems like it should be easy, but I keep getting stuck with one or two glass squares under stone jewels. Maddening, but I'm still hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by omniBliss View Post
    So I passed level 112 (...) My advice is work from the top down. First, Turn the top stone-like jewels into special jewels (...) then, work on the bottom stone jewels;that way there's not a lot of stone jewels cluttering the way to clear the ice tiles. When you get to the bottom stone jewels, you can move them around and turn them in to special jewels to clear the stage. As you are focusing on those to tasks all of the other ice tiles will more or less be cleared on the way. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by pastasplace View Post
    Level 112 is a real challenge! I'm struggling with the concept that there's no benefit to using bombs blasters or magic diamonds with regard to the glass under the metal ones. Also that I can't combine 4 like coloured metal ones to turn it into a blaster and hence clear them. At least one of the jewels has to be a normal one (...)
    (...) 112 is tough: 59 moves to clear 64 glass tiles. With ice blocks, new unbreakable jewels (stone/metal as some call them,) and wooden walls separating the board into a left, right, & middle area. Definitely makes it more difficult. (...) Fun, challenging level!
    Passed 112! Those new jewels are tough to get rid of...not that they have to be cleared necessarily, but you have to get 'em out of the way to break the glass. (...) If you're careful with each move, you can get close on 112. A little luck with your layout will do the rest, haha. Others posted about relying on reshuffling to do well, but that never happened to me. Maybe they changed something? (...)
    Level 112: 64 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) I just played this again to "up" my stars, so I thought I'd add a screenshot and consolidate the info about the level (so far.) Since I played the 1st time, they've reduced the moves by 9.

OmniBliss's advice still works great...try to clear/convert the unbreakable/stone jewels at the top, otherwise they'll end up sitting at the bottom and you won't be able to break the glass. Once you've cleared some, then use your special jewels & combos, like blaster + bomb or diamond + blaster, for major glass-clearing. A couple of unbreakables at the bottom on glass aren't too much of a problem...you can sometimes move them to make another match (which breaks the glass.) But still, try to clear as many as you can before they get to the bottom. Don't waste moves, though, because if you do get a stone jewel in a hard-to-reach spot, it can sometimes take a lot of moves to clear or move it.

Another thing you can do is try to start the round with optimal moves. Like one that creates a special jewel, or clears 1 or more stone jewels, etc. Other good stuff to look for--matches opposite the ice/white blocks (across the wooden wall.) Esp. in your unbreakable/stone jewel colors, so the color-change process works in your favor to convert them. If you don't see any good/helpful moves when you start the level, hit pause, then the back arrow key to restart the level. It shouldn't take an energy if you don't touch any jewels.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by lauraaayy View Post
    i really need help with passing level 114...its driving me crazy since days!!!
    how are you supposed to break the glasses in the bottom two lines? ive had diamonds, ive had blasters..nothing really helped. i even combined diamonds and blasters/bombs several times in different attempts, but still couldnt get through. (...) anyone any ideas/useful tips on the level?
    (...) 114 is glass (64) in an odd shape. A row of unbreakable gems at the top w/ice row underneath, then regular gems. Then it narrows to the middle, just 1 or 2 gems wide in the 2nd- & 3rd-to-last rows, widening again at the bottom. This makes the left & right at the bottom really hard to get to. If the new jewels get down there--I had 2 fall--impossible! I had all the glass cleared but under the 2 unbreakables (same color, even!) And like 30-something moves left, but couldn't move them to get to the glass. (...)
    (...) played 114 one more time--same thing. I was more careful this time. Tried not to work the bottom at all until I'd cleared the unbreakables, but some blasters went off & down they fell... You get 59 moves, which is a lot, but I couldn't find a way to move em. (...)
    Aha! I just figured it out...clear the glass at the bottom before getting rid of the ice @top. The ice barrier will help keep the unbreakables from falling down until the glass is gone. After that, it doesn't matter how many are down there! (...)
    tried my theory above. I actually ended up clearing all the unbreakables but one, then started making special jewels & combos to clear the remaining glass. The 1 new jewel did fall, but luckily, glass in that spot already cleared! (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Got down to one special gem in the bottom right corner on 114 and couldn't get it. lol
    Level 114: 32 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) Moves have been reduced by 9 on this since I first played it. But I only had one star from before, so wanted to improve that. Plus, this is a fun moves level...yay!

Ideally on this level, you clear all the stone jewels before they fall to that hard-to-reach bottom row. This is really hard to do though. On the last round I played, I created a horizontal blaster in the middle area, & got it to fall to the bottom row. Then I detonated it, breaking the glass on the bottom row. In-between these steps, I worked towards converting the unbreakable/stone jewels into special jewels. Once the bottom glass is broken, it doesn't really matter if a stone jewel falls down there. But until then, don't just set off a blaster + bomb combo willy-nilly. You have to take care of that bottom row glass...or you'll end up with one of those impossible situations, like in the quotes above.

Another hard-to-reach spot is the 2 glass at the ends of the 2nd row from the bottom. But they can always be blasted anytime during the round, or you can use a diamond, etc. If a stone jewel falls into one of those spots, you still have some movement options (up/down, right/left,) so it's not too bad, either. Something to watch for: try to use the color-changing ice/white blocks to your benefit, by changing them to a color you can use to convert your stone jewels to specials. You can also look for optimal starting moves when you first start your game. If you don't like the board you get--pause, then press the back arrow button to restart the level.

Good luck, and enjoy this one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123