Thread: Can you cancel a trading portal accident?

Can you cancel a trading portal accident?

My son just sent his one and only rare dragon through the portal... he doesn't really understand that that's a forever thing and that that dragon is now gone. Is there any way to cancel the 'trade' mid-process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-22-13 at 06:34 PM. Reason: rule violation

Banned
    I doubt there is anything you can do to get it back, it's gone. I have Fruitful in the portal right now and the only option I see is speed up.

Fashion Designer
    Not that I know of. There is a place to confirm so it's unlikely you'll get help from TL either.

In general I believe it's not about what TL can do, it's what they are willing to do. I've always believed they can undo most of anything, but it shouldn't be their job to fix little mistakes we make. Sounds harsh, but it would be a lot of work to bring back dragons that were sold or traded, or to reverse every accidental gold purchases and so on. It's like setting a precedent, they just can't be willing to fix everything or they would be flooded.

I feel bad for your son if he really didn't understand. Maybe you should sit with him and explain that dragons go in the portal and don't come back so this doesn't happen again. I don't know how you talk to your son (I'm an only child and have no children so what do I know), but if he was attached to the dragon, make up a story about what the other side of the portal looks like and that his dragon is quite happy adventuring there, he's so happy that he's not ever coming back. Something like that?

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFest94 View Post
    My son just sent his one and only rare dragon through the portal... he doesn't really understand that that's a forever thing and that that dragon is now gone. Is there any way to cancel the 'trade' mid-process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    No, I am sorry but once a trade is made, it cannot be undone.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    No, I am sorry but once a trade is made, it cannot be undone.
    Bummer

Rhino Keeper
    TL seems to be very unforgiving when a "mistake" or error has been made. My game lagged out this morning and I was not even touching my screen, yet the expansion I had started on my island used 100g and completed immediately. After reading the forums, I know that it is pointless to ask for that gold to be replaced (even though I paid to add gold to my account) I can only say I have learned not to bother with support for the game and if something happens to my game or device - Dragon Story is gone. I will not submit a request to move or re-install based on the support the developers have provided ( basis on information and replies from TL support). A game with few to no confirmation screens when using currency is a terrible design oversight. Not supporting customers in relation to said topic is a customer service oversight. Just have to be careful when playing the game or not take it seriously and consider everything expendable (ie: do not buy gold with earned real money). When something happens in game - it is irreversible. I am sorry your son lost his rare dragon and has to spend who knows how many hours to try to breed it again.