Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Rhino Keeper
    Would someone explain to me why neighbors stop by to tip only in one of the other bakeries I help manage? I've heard of many mass gifting but not tipping. But why would you stop by to tip only and not gift? Often they post that they've tipped me or I see on my news feed they stopped by to tip. Then I go tip back and gift but there is never a gift back. The 20 gift limit is not the issue as there are still gift slots open. I've asked a few and got silence and more tipping only. Just wondering what that's about. I know I can delete them if I want, I'm just curious why this would be a strategy.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ojapple96 View Post
    Would someone explain to me why neighbors stop by to tip only in one of the other bakeries I help manage? I've heard of many mass gifting but not tipping. But why would you stop by to tip only and not gift? Often they post that they've tipped me or I see on my news feed they stopped by to tip. Then I go tip back and gift but there is never a gift back. The 20 gift limit is not the issue as there are still gift slots open. I've asked a few and got silence and more tipping only. Just wondering what that's about. I know I can delete them if I want, I'm just curious why this would be a strategy.
    I'll admit I sometimes do this. Mostly because I mean to mass gift once I'm done tipping, but have been distracted by a shiny object in the meantime.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I'll admit I sometimes do this. Mostly because I mean to mass gift once I'm done tipping, but have been distracted by a shiny object in the meantime.
    That makes sense, I had not thought of that - but there are neighbors who do this regularly - daily - but maybe they are just super forgetful LOL!

Executive Chef
    Have you already gifted them? Maybe they are just not seeing you sent a gift because they are at their limit and they're only gift back or something.
    Last edited by deekathleen; 05-11-15 at 02:52 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Have you already gifted them? Maybe they are just not seeing you sent a gift because they are at their limit and they're only gift back or something.
    No usually their tip/post prompts me to send as I usually do so either first thing in the AM or at the end of the day - it's just there are several that just stop by and tip and no gift even after I go visit and tip and gift. just wondered if I should be reading something into it that I was not aware of.

Rhino Keeper
    I think they just want the meager coin bonus for tipping bec they mistakenly believe that tipping is the best way to make money. That's the only thing I can come up with bec I have had a few neighbors like that and they've done it too many times to be a mistake.

Nightclub Owner
    No usually their tip/post prompts me to send as I usually do so either first thing in the AM or at the end of the day - it's just there are several that just stop by and tip and no gift even after I go visit and tip and gift. just wondered if I should be reading something into it that I was not aware of.
    I must have the same neighbours in rs. These players even send me requests too. Which is odd since they don't even respond to my gift requests or send me gifts.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    I think they just want the meager coin bonus for tipping bec they mistakenly believe that tipping is the best way to make money. That's the only thing I can come up with bec I have had a few neighbors like that and they've done it too many times to be a mistake.
    They are all level 99 too so maybe that's it trying to get $ b/c XP once at that level is not the focus any more. Thanks to all I was just worried it was a subtle hint but seems likely not

Rhino Keeper
    They are all level 99 too so maybe that's it trying to get $ b/c XP once at that level is not the focus any more. Thanks to all I was just worried it was a subtle hint but seems likely not
    I was just thinking of this yesterday, but maybe they are mad because you are sending the "wrong" gift and they are just too passive aggressive to tell you outright?
    When I ask people if they'd like to add me I ask that they only add me if they gift and receive parts, and it says on my wall that I gift and receive parts only but sometimes people add me anyway that gift only food. The other day I tipped a relatively new neighbor I hadn't received a gift from yet, thinking he/she just needed some prompting. I read walls so i noticed all over his/her wall was "STOP SENDING ME TOOLS I CANT SERVE THEM STOP BEING SELFISH!!!!" and "SEND ME FOOD ONLY FOR GIFTS". I seriously doubt all people that only tip could be passive aggressive like that, but wasn't that a funny story anyway? lol

Executive Chef
    I've just gone to a policy where I tip parts five days and food two days. I can't keep track of who wants what anymore lol.