Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

New Resident
    It's not that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetyChocolate View Post
    This is something that's frustrating me. I'm sure some of you can relate.

Here goes:

I needed neighbours so I posted what I was looking for and my ID in the 'add me' section. Instead of getting compatible players, I get a bunch of players who add me and then gift either useless parts or food I didn't ask for, when I wrote that I'm looking for compatible players who gift parts and cappuccino.

Now here's the frustrating part: why gift hot chocolate when cappuccino is one tile to the left? (Not sure how it's organised for Android and Kindle fire users) Just why?!

Can't people read now-a-days? I mean, why add someone who wants parts and/or cappuccino and then gift them chocolate cake, brownies, hot chocolate (basically any other food) and parts that aren't used for anything? What's the point? Do they just see the ID and nothing else?

Do they just see:
    "Blah, blah, blah, blah ID blah, blah, blah, blah."?
    'Cause that's what I think they see.

Ugh! If you're not compatible with someone who posts what they're looking for but choose to add them and then gift them what they didn't ask for, why add them in the first place?

And why is Cappuccino not the first gift on the list? Wouldn't that be easier so players don't need to scroll? And why not remove the parts not used for anything?

*Big sigh* Glad that's off my chest
    disagree completely irrelevant IMO

Farm Supplier
    I wish some people didn't take it personally with them being deleted. I had over 80 neighbors and decided to trim down. I now have 30 neighbors that i felt were more active with gifting parts and completing goal parts and felt they met more of my play style. I found it rather annoying to get a post " why did you delete me? " . Do you really need an explanation? it's just a game i don't know you , you don't know me , we are not real life friends. Just a bunch of strangers that just help eachother out in building appliances come goal time. Some people should just carry on as usual. there are plenty of new neighbors to pick from if you were to lose one. Nothing personal.

Oh and also, if you were to send more than 20 neighbors a request for parts and get cranky because you didn't get parts 2 days later? maybe you should try not send out parts to 50 neighbors.
    Last edited by kiwi445; 04-01-15 at 10:17 AM.
    * Sorry Currently NOT accepting new neighbors, i have more than enough awesome neighbors. All Invites will be DECLINED. Ty

Fashion Designer
    I can relate to Velvety's frustration, especially when she specified what she was looking for in a neighbour. I would just post a reminder to them to please gift parts or cappuccino and if they persist in sending otherwise, remove them. It used to bother me but I just decline food now and wait for parts. If they are reliable and active otherwise, I won't remove them.

Why do neighbors not respond to requests? Honestly, if my neighbors would just respond to my requests I could care less if I got gifts or tips. And except for when new goals come out I get very few requests from neighbors. Whats up with that?

Rhino Keeper
    For me, I ask each neighbor for their preferences - gifts or food. GENERALLY, I only gift when I visit them, so I can check their walls. MOST of my neighbors take both food and parts, although some want one or the other. I have very few neighbors right now that want parts only, and I have one neighbor that will only use parts, but if you prefer food as gifts, she (I think it's a she) says send her a food gift, or whatever thing I need as a gift, and she'll gift back the same thing, even if she ends up not using it.

Some people alternate - send parts one day, and send food the next. When there is a new update, I'll send the first unique update part on day one, and then the second unique part on day 2, most of the time.

Rhino Keeper
    Also, I should add - in light of my two former maxed out accounts. By the time I got to that level, I had a HUGE amount of regular parts, over 100 in some cases, and too many, as well, on parts that were only used for an appliance I already had. So I warned my neighbors that I would only accept food or parts that I had less than 20 of. I've seen max level characters ask for parts only (although, like I said, for me, I was buried in parts by that time) or ask for food only, probably because they are buried in parts. If they have a preference, I'm more than willing to accommodate the preference, and that's usually a way to almost guarantee you get a visit from me, so I can double check your wall and see if you specified anything different.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex41115 View Post
    disagree completely irrelevant IMO
    Irrelevant? Hardly. Her thread was moved to here which this thread is about neighbors and etiquette... So....

I can't believe that there is ANYONE out there that expects each neighbor to remember their personal gift preference. I mean, if you've set up your "neighborhood" so that you have only neighbors who prefer cappuccino as a gift then maybe... but if you have 70 neighbors and some prefer food while some prefer parts (goal or otherwise), that's too much to keep track of if you also have a life! Even among those who prefer food, there are some that prefer cappuccino whereas others prefer hot chocolate (the superior choice, imo).

That a player will remember your personal preference or check all their friends' walls every day is an unreasonable expectation. This is a game we play on our phones, after all. This should be pretty low-key!

I do find it frustrating when someone keeps gifting me brownies, but as long as they are granting materials requests for goals that is really all that matters. Tips, daily food gifts, random parts that I may never use like a dragon scale or spring board from past goals....!?!? None of these are a big deal. Star ratings don't matter. Materials requests do. Other than that, I don't see what people get so uptight about.
    If you aren't uptight, don't treat the game like a job, and always grant materials requests regardless of START RATINGS (no star snobs!), feel free to add me as a neighbor!

Executive Chef
    So many players, so many ways to play.

Some neighbors become dear friends, who even visit each other in other states or even countries.
    Some never post on walls.
    Some only tipp those who have posted on their wall.
    Some give gifts once a day and gift everyone the same, some go to the neigbor to read on their wall what they want.
    Some want parts, some want food.

So many different ways to play.

I think the important thing is to keep this in mind, and find the neighbours that fit the way you play your game.

For me:
    I gift frequently used parts daily, and special parts the first days a new appliance is out.
    I reject food-gifts, hoping some other neighbour gives me parts that day. I try to remember if you want something special, but I play 4 TL-games that encourage tipping, and have over 300 neighbors, so forgive me if I don't remember correctly.
    I don't mind you visiting, tipping, or writing on my wall.
    I visit whenever I can, and if I do, I write on your wall, but my social rating can easily go to 1 or even 0.

When I visit you, I expect to see some activity: somethings baking, food has not gone bad, there are tables to tip, the door is not blocked.

When I notice for a few days there isn't any activity, I post this on your wall "Food's gone bad, door blocked, are you still playing? If so, please remove this post ��". If the post hasn't been removed in 2 weeks, I delete that neighbor.

I sometimes get removed too, sometimes because I don't gift the right gift, sometimes because pay social rating has gone too low. I don't mind: then the gameplay of that person isn't compatibel with mine.

I accept everyone as neighbour, as long as they're level 80 or up: too many of the low lvl players quit after a few weeks, and most quit without letting you know...

If I could ask for one common courtisy, it's that: please let your neighbors know when you quit playing...