Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Executive Chef
    You won't have any idea how many neighbours your neighbour has. They could have 20 or 500 for all you know. Therefore it's completely unrealistic to expect them to remember what sort of gift you like on a day to day basis when they also have other neighbours to worry about. I don't gift, with the very exception of if a neighbour writes on my wall asking for something specific, then I will respond and gift that ONE neighbour. I also don't mind gifting back a goal part if it's on the first page of the gifts list, but when I need to scroll several pages to find a particular part, then no, sorry that's way too much effort and I have a life to live. It may sound like I'm lazy and I admit to a point I am, which is why I never expect gifts at all but do accept all gifts I am given out of gratitude. I do accept all parts requests and try to do so in a timely fashion but sometimes, life does get in the way.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by royalmissk View Post
    Completely aware that making another gift/request-related post can make me come off as an obsessed-blank, I'll share something interesting (and honestly a little funny) that I found out recently.

So I got a friend to start BS. Obviously with very little in-game instructions, he didn't understand how gifts and requests worked (and having the ol' prideful "I can do it myself hrmph" attitude when I offered advice didn't help either). When I asked why he wasn't gifting back or accepting requests, he answered "I have no money!"
    ha!

Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    Is it possible they gifted you a shamrock because they wanted one? Some people gift that way.
    that one has always bugged me, and it's the kind of thing that puts neighbors on my mental list of people that might get deleted soon. i have never said "gift me whatever you want back" and if you happen to want blue barrels today, well good for you. i don't. send me a request, leave me a note, but if you gift me a blue barrel, i'm declining it and sending you a gear.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    that one has always bugged me, and it's the kind of thing that puts neighbors on my mental list of people that might get deleted soon. i have never said "gift me whatever you want back" and if you happen to want blue barrels today, well good for you. i don't. send me a request, leave me a note, but if you gift me a blue barrel, i'm declining it and sending you a gear.
    I agree! Another thing that I find wierd is when players ask for a part(lets say gear) and two minutes later gift you brownies. At first I never deleted players no matter what gift they send, but since I noticed that some of them only send parts for ovens that have been removed a looong time ago, I started deleting those too if they have a habbit of sending odd parts. Maybe it's a bit mean, but what is the point in having a nbr that only sends mexican flags, dragon teeth etc even in goal time. It's like a one sided friendship. You make all the efort in being a 'good' nbr, and get nothing in return.
    Adding nbrs who are lvl 60+. I'm a lvl 99 daily player and I only gift PARTS. Don't really care about your star rating as long as you gift parts and play daily.

Rhino Keeper
    And also, how are you supposed to know that's what they're doing? The only reason I know that people do that is because I read it on the forum. It doesn't make any sense. And then at what point do you send your neighbors what they want, if you always send them what you want?

Rhino Keeper
    I'm not a big tipper, but I try to tip daily. Only about 10 of my 150 neighbors actually tip back, which doesn't really bother me. I only keep a 3 star rating to kind of show players that I'm active. As far as gifting some of my neighbors also send me bazaar gifts, like dragons tooth or santas hat. Wth santas hat doesn't even get used for anything??!! The worst gifts are food especially brownies! I gift everyday to everyone, usually goal parts or screws, gears, etc I always gift parts that are used for most appliances. I just don't understand why some neighbors gift random parts that are never used?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilaria2464 View Post
    ... As far as gifting some of my neighbors also send me bazaar gifts, like dragons tooth or santas hat. Wth santas hat doesn't even get used for anything??!! The worst gifts are food especially brownies! I gift everyday to everyone, usually goal parts or screws, gears, etc I always gift parts that are used for most appliances. I just don't understand why some neighbors gift random parts that are never used?
    I agree. Why keep something that isn't used for anything? Either bring it back when we need it or move it to the end of the list. That being said, it would be good if TeamLava could reorganise the list (or use Tabs to make it easier.)
    Example: New parts first, then basic/most used parts, then food and lastly, not frequently used gifts or past goal parts.
    That way we don't have to scroll through all the useless items and don't just click on the first thing we see.
    I say they should remove items that aren't being used for anything like the dragon tooth, scales, Santa hats and mittens. What's the point of keeping them? Also remove brownies as a gift option. Why can we gift something that takes 1 minute to make, but not another higher selling item like Earl grey tea or red velvet cake?

This game is fun, but there's too many bugs, popups and things that could be added and removed.
    Last edited by snowcastle14; 02-03-15 at 02:31 AM.
    I do not tip unless required by a goal.

I am not accepting any neighbours on both accounts right now. Please do not send me an invite.

What is the easiest way to weed out bad neighbors?

I'm fairly new to bakery story and have an overwhelming amount of neighbors already. I'm having a hard time telling which neighbors are good and which are bad, so that I can whittle down that list and keep those who really want to play. I play, tip and gift daily and would like to play with like minded neighbors. I know I can look at the feed but the feed is self deleting and by the time i get to it, it's no longer a complete list. Not everyone posts when they visit, so that's also not a solid picture of what's actually going on.

I'm just wondering if anyone has developed some sort of short hand way to tell who is actually a contributing neighbor from those just skating by and reaping all the tips and gifts and not giving back the same? Please let me know how you successfully manage your neighbors list so you don't end up with a neighborhood of deadbeats.

Executive Chef
    I only gift back to those who gift me first most of the time. I try to mentally keep track of the neighbours who gift and accept parts requests. They are the ones I would keep if I was looking to do a neighbour cull.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I only gift back to those who gift me first most of the time. I try to mentally keep track of the neighbours who gift and accept parts requests. They are the ones I would keep if I was looking to do a neighbour cull.
    That's exactly my thing. I don't necessarily care if someone leaves tips or gifts daily, but i do want players who will respond to parts requests when asked. I have more than a few high level players who appear to only have me and a couple of other people in their neighborhood. I visit them daily for tips and gifts and they'll roll by with tips but usually don't gift, but when it comes to parts requests they are johnny on the spot. I definitely appreciate that in a neighbor. Who wants to spend a week trying to build an ice cream machine!

Thanks for the suggestion. That's exactly where I'm going to start.

Fashion Designer
    I was wondering how difficult it is for 0-2 star players to keep neighbours. Recently have seen posted on several walls that the wall owner would be deleting anyone below three stars...due to too much time tipping them with no reciprocation or that (according to the wall owner) they are clearly inactive. The second reason really seems to be a common misconception. As for the first, wondering why they are tipping them to begin with. I have a load of low star neighbours and rarely if ever tip them unless they happen to pop by and tip me...and I think they don't expect tips.
    Was just curious though because I really feel bad when I see those posts.