Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    It kind of bums me out when I see that "post this exact message..." thing and then right after that, someone else is like "REALLY?!"
    & win bla bla bla how much million gems... Stupidos!

That has happened to me on several occasions, don't like people spamming my wall with their nonsense.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Host(ess)
    It kind of bums me out when I see that "post this exact message..." thing and then right after that, someone else is like "REALLY?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    & win bla bla bla how much million gems... Stupidos!

That has happened to me on several occasions, don't like people spamming my wall with their nonsense.
    This has happened to me on several occasions too. I just delete the wall post and pretend it never happened. I have no idea why people spam these messages in the game and online, do they think it actually works? Anyway, I've had high level players send me brownies after I've sent them new/basic parts or gifted what they requested or cappuccino. I'm just like 'REALLY? You're just gonna send me a rubbish gift after I sent something useful? Are you serious?!?!?'
    And why are brownies a gift option anyway? They take 1 minute to make. Why can't something that sells for more coins (I know cappuccino is one) like red velvet cake be a gift option instead?
    Last edited by snowcastle14; 01-30-15 at 03:30 AM.
    I do not tip unless required by a goal.

I am not accepting any neighbours on both accounts right now. Please do not send me an invite.

Executive Chef
    well, if you meant the "REALLY?!" to be sarcastic that anyone actually believes such nonsense, then yeah, i've done that. i should be the bigger person and ignore such naivety.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Rhino Keeper
    Well if people are posting that to be sarcastic, then it doesn't bum me out. It just seems like they're all, "OMG, I've gotta do that now!" and I feel bad for them.

I did go on mini-rant about this on another thread earlier so I might as well continue here :P

I have this thing where every endeavor I enjoy or care about (even if it's a game), I want to achieve maximum efficiency relative to the amount of effort I put in. Some people have a laissez-faire attitude when playing because this game is meant to be fun, an opportunity to wind down etc. I totally understand this view and logic and respect it too, but for me, part of the fun in games is "strategizing" to reach certain goals as quickly as possible while using the least amount of resources (in this case, time itself, energy used in finger-tapping (?!) etc).

Star-rating and wall-related issues don't bother me (though I myself don't drop below a 4-star rating) as they don't affect much of my personal goals as long as my neighbors are activ. But gifting is certainly an issue given the measly 20 request and gift per day cap AND the forever-annoying related bugs.

Not to toot my own horn :P, but I'm a great neighbor - I gift back every requested part so neighbors can have two of what they need, I look for boxes if/when I visit and gift the appropriate part, I have a 'food gift' list (of course I send cappuccino only) and keep track of specific gift requests on my wall, and tip daily.

I don't expect the same level of dedication to being a good neighbor from others at all, I do it because I enjoy being one. But it bothers me when people keep gifting food (NOT even cappuccino) when my preference for parts is posted - some of them are those who write on my wall when they tip (whaaat)! Moreso when I've taken note of their preferences or politely and sweetly reminded, not demanded, them of mine. What's more perplexing is that most of them are lv99 themselves and have bundles and bundles of food.

So now I have decided I need to save myself some grief, delete, and move on - but I'm reluctant to do so as some of the food gifters are otherwise good neighbors in the general sense of tipping and gifting. I don't wanna be a mean person... Ugh.

On another note, I recently had a lv99 neighbor who is good with requests and part-gifting send me shamrock, and all I could say was 'huh?' I went to her wall to see if it was a joke to all neighbors as someone may have said something. But it seems to be just me, very weird... I tried to send dragon tooth to get a response and see what was going on (very brave on my part as timid old me has yet to "revenge gift" hah) but she was full. I haven't done anything that could set her off; perhaps it was the post I made on my own wall? Hmmm..
    Last edited by royalmissk; 02-01-15 at 10:21 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't expect the same level of dedication to being a good neighbor from others at all, I do it because I enjoy being one. But it bothers me when people keep gifting food (NOT even cappuccino) when my preference for parts is posted - some of them are those who write on my wall when they tip (whaaat)! Moreso when I've taken note of their preferences or politely and sweetly reminded, not demanded, them of mine. What's more perplexing is that most of them are lv99 themselves and have bundles and bundles of food.

So now I have decided I need to save myself some grief, delete, and move on - but I'm reluctant to do so as some of the food gifters are otherwise good neighbors in the general sense of tipping and gifting. I don't wanna be a mean person... Ugh.
    From what I've gathered from reading these forums, it seems that keeping track of what kinds of gifts neighbors want, even if there are polite reminders, is a higher level of dedication than people are willing to put in. Some players consider this an insignificant amount of effort; others consider even polite reminders too demanding. Some people are going to mass gift no matter what, I think with the assumption that anyone who doesn't like it is just going to delete the gifts or delete them as neighbors, with no hard feelings. So I wouldn't feel like a mean person for deleting them if I were you. I'm a little more on the laid-back side when it comes to gameplay, and to be honest, unless it was one of my more "favorite" neighbors, I don't think I'd even notice if someone deleted me. I think that if we're talking about someone who either doesn't pay attention to what kind of gifts their neighbors want, or who doesn't care, then they probably won't notice if someone deletes them.

On another note, I recently had a lv99 neighbor who is good with requests and part-gifting send me shamrock, and all I could say was 'huh?' I went to her wall to see if it was a joke to all neighbors as someone may have said something. But it seems to be just me, very weird... I tried to send dragon tooth to get a response and see what was going on (very brave on my part as timid old me has yet to "revenge gift" hah) but she was full. I haven't done anything that could set her off; perhaps it was the post I made on my own wall? Hmmm..
    Is it possible they gifted you a shamrock because they wanted one? Some people gift that way. They might be trying to gather up St. Patrick's Day parts in anticipation of that holiday.

I definitely agree and happily accept that some people might find gift preferences - expressed politely or not - too demanding, and that they wouldn't care/notice if they got deleted. I suppose it becomes more of a matter of reciprocity; several of the people I'm contemplating on deleting are ones who request specific gifts, gift daily, and/or diligently post on my wall when they tip, which signals that they are the more invested players would and be receptive when others are as well. It's a head-scratcher.

Keeping neighbors happy and helping them is part of the enjoyment for me, but I wish to play it efficiently too. I have numerous 0-star/non-gifting or tipping neighbors and I do not that mind at all (I have plenty that do both anyway) as long as I know they're active. That's pretty much all I care about, that the neighbor is active and gives parts - even the less-used ones - though I might change my mind on this if I met someone who continuously sends floaty tubes or something. Heck, some of my 0-star neighbors are the fastest to accept requests, which is certainly appreciate very much. But in any case, like you said, I guess it shouldn't be a big deal to delete those who I'm not compatible with. Just wish I didn't need to

Is it possible they gifted you a shamrock because they wanted one? Some people gift that way. They might be trying to gather up St. Patrick's Day parts in anticipation of that holiday.
    That's a really good point! I never thought of it that way and guessed it's likely an intentional prank of some sorts (I mean it's a lot of work to scroll to the end of the list lol). I don't know if I'll be sending one back though - she might think I like them too and send more!

Completely aware that making another gift/request-related post can make me come off as an obsessed-blank, I'll share something interesting (and honestly a little funny) that I found out recently.

So I got a friend to start BS. Obviously with very little in-game instructions, he didn't understand how gifts and requests worked (and having the ol' prideful "I can do it myself hrmph" attitude when I offered advice didn't help either). When I asked why he wasn't gifting back or accepting requests, he answered "I have no money!"

So he basically thought he had to "pay" out of pocket to send gifts or accept requests. I think I also saw another post mentioning how a player starting out thought that accepting a request for a part would take one from his inventory. So if those players don't research the game and are never corrected, it's theoretically possible that even as they level-up, they stay stingy with gifts and don't accept requests - which is a much more satisfying explanation than "people are just that lazy or selfish" especially regarding those who never answer part requests even though you always accept theirs.
    Last edited by royalmissk; 02-01-15 at 01:36 PM. Reason: apparent and unintentional use of expletive :S

Rhino Keeper
    That's a really good point! I never thought of it that way and guessed it's likely an intentional prank of some sorts (I mean it's a lot of work to scroll to the end of the list lol). I don't know if I'll be sending one back though - she might think I like them too and send more!
    Yeah, that's why I've never understood this method of requesting materials.

Fashion Designer
    Maybe post on her wall..."you zent me a shamrock...did you want me to send these to you for a few days?"...or some such. If she says yes, just say...great, could you send me paint (or whatever)? I recently needed coffin drink maker and witch's cauldron parts andbjust asked neighbours I knew well to send them and I would send what they wanted...rather than gift them out and hope they got gifted back. I knew most people would get a bat air freshener and think...what the...?
    I also do not understand people with tons of food requesting food as a gift. I recently added a neighbour...lvl 55 or thereabouts...bakery loaded with full counters (betting close to 50...will count today). I sent him my "part gift of the day"...I think a knob. He thanked me for the gift but politely let me know he would like hot chocolate in the future. Ummmm...ok then.