Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Beserked2 View Post
    Don't expect to be tipped unless you've left tips, either.
    I hardly ever tip and actually ask my neighbours not to tip me if they expect me to tip back. They keep doing it though so they must be OK with me not tipping back.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    I was hoping if i made a mistake someone would correct me... Thanks OnCloudDivine I edited the original post to show the correct information. I took out motor(red) and nozzle. I added wiring. I left metal sheet... is that a useful part?

I guess I don't pay very much attention. I try to keep useful parts in stock but most days it just doesn't entertain me enough to care. Lately, I enjoy my neighbors who gift brownies and red potion... at least I get a laugh out of it . The whole gifting thing isn't even fun... it's just annoying. I wish TL would give us something FUN to do.
    The whole useful/not useful parts thing is certainly annoying, I really agree with you. You've been playing long enough that you don't need to pay attention, you have a beautiful bakery and neighbors that envy it, hehehe! I am at the mercy of CDO (not OCD ) and I can't stand having miscellaneous parts in my inventory (like a Turkey and painted Easter Egg)-- this is just me. Because of this, I only have two pages of parts in my received gift section, with 50-100+ of all the essential basic parts, a stock of Cappuccinos, and only a few stragglers of non-useful parts Up until this update, Metal Sheets were only used for the Fryer and Frozen Drink Machine, so I deem them not useful by my definition (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I'm not so sure about that anymore. There has been a trend where newer ovens are requiring anything. We can't tell whether we will need red motors or nozzles or whether other new parts will be required. So i take everything, except dragon scales, of course!! I also don't take the olympic parts. But who knows...maybe even those might be used for some new appliance next update?
    My definition of useful is that they are used for a variety of machines, not just goal-related, especially the regular/basic machines, which may always be build with these parts and "won't" be removed. Once I'm done with a goal, I'm not compelled to keep accepting, say, illuminating tubing on the off-chance TL may decide to keep using it. The same goes for red motor, which was useless after the World Games oven goals. I distrust extraneous parts, and accepting them, to me, is one less "more useful part" or cappuccino (because I've run out of food!) that I could've accepted All that said, why not accept dragon scales??? Those things are bound to come around again real soon with a medieval update!!
    Last edited by OnCloudDivine; 02-18-14 at 10:38 PM.
    y OU CANʼT TAKE
    t h e s k y f r o m m e .
    ☁ ☁
    ☁ ☁  ⋆

Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    If you don't want to tip... don't feel bad. And don't worry that you will lose neighbors, you may lose one or two but probably no more than that. There are lots of non-tippers... we're "good players" too

Sorry if I'm ranting ... I really HATE tipping
    Welcome to the 0 Star Rating Club! I hate tipping too!

I still remember there was this ex nbr of mine that questioned about my 0 star rating and she's a 4 star rating. Where obviously I've stated that I'm a non-tipping player with 0 star rating on the add-me thread. =.=" Man, some people just don't bother to read.

As for my definition of basic parts is really simple, fuse to wiring are consider basic to me.
    Last edited by minidemon88; 02-19-14 at 04:37 AM.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Executive Chef
    so for the non-tippers commenting here, does that mean you don't visit other bakeries at all except when goals require you to? cause it's not the tipping i'm most interested in (although i do leave tips), i mostly like checking in to see what my neighbors are doing creatively. otherwise i'm just looking at my own place all the time, which would bore me, no matter how cute it is (and it's pretty darn cute). my favorite neighbors are the ones who switch it up so that i have something new to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    so for the non-tippers commenting here, does that mean you don't visit other bakeries at all except when goals require you to? cause it's not the tipping i'm most interested in (although i do leave tips), i mostly like checking in to see what my neighbors are doing creatively. otherwise i'm just looking at my own place all the time, which would bore me, no matter how cute it is (and it's pretty darn cute). my favorite neighbors are the ones who switch it up so that i have something new to look at.
    I'm not sure about others, but I do visit my neighbors once or twice per month. It's nice seeing how they decorate with the goal rewards and new items. Though I seldom post a comment on their wall or leave tip. Got a bad experienced once for leaving a comment on my neighbor's wall. As for the community, I only visit when the goal require me to do.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I hardly ever tip and actually ask my neighbours not to tip me if they expect me to tip back. They keep doing it though so they must be OK with me not tipping back.
    I believe I'm one of your neighbors who keep tipping and is okay with you not tipping back because I just love looking at your bakery! Everything's so pretty in there.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    All that said, why not accept dragon scales??? Those things are bound to come around again real soon with a medieval update!!
    Someone should whip you and hang you out to sun for even suggesting that! Dragon Scales! Ha! The very words are spewed out of my mouth like venom.

Somehow, after the dragon building fiasco it left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Remember that? Were you around at the time when dragons came out as the first decor to be constructed? And everyone thought the dragon would do something? Like make food cook faster or preserve food magically or some such spectaular thing? And people put out boxes and boxes of dragons only to find out that they were worthless as rocks? lol. hahaha. I remember. I have about six or so of those little critters in storage. Every now and then I bring them out but not very often. It took me a while to come around and admit their cuteness.

Nightclub Owner
    I will go around every once in a while to some of my neighbours to see what they are doing and how they are doing. I have quite a few who are seriously ill and so I will check up on them every once in a while. I might tip them and I might not. I just cannot be bothered with the tipping. It doesn't bother me if no one ever tips me, ever, ever, ever since I can't be bothered to clear the tables either So most of the time my tables are full.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    I believe I'm one of your neighbors who keep tipping and is okay with you not tipping back because I just love looking at your bakery! Everything's so pretty in there.
    Thank you I do know a few of my neighbours who have posted saying they don't mind if I don't tip back. Can't speak for the others who haven't said anything!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    you have a beautiful bakery and neighbors that envy it
    Thanks... So do you, I love your bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by minidemon88 View Post
    Welcome to the 0 Star Rating Club!

I still remember there was this ex nbr of mine that questioned about my 0 star rating and she's a 4 star rating.
    Thanks ! *I'm a PROUD member of the zero star club

I "question" 4 star players ... (not actually question, I just wonder) ... Do they realize how LITTLE help/benefit they are giving their neighbors? *Today I got a daily bonus of 112,000 coins, just for logging into the game. *For a neighbor to give me the same amount by tipping me daily it would take 2 and 1/2 YEARS !!! and about 5 hours of their personal time (assuming it takes about 20 seconds to tip).

so for the non-tippers commenting here, does that mean you don't visit other bakeries at all except when goals require you to?
    I visit my neighbors to see their bakeries; I have lots of neighbors with really pretty bakeries. *Sometimes, I even visit neighbors of neighbors and guests, just to look at new bakeries. *I also visit to respond to questions or comments that neighbors post on my wall.