Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Mo,

I added you. You can try on my dunce cap--even if you send brownies

Mae

New Resident
    It was mentioned earlier in this thread that you can send a neighbor the part they request as well as a second part as your daily gift. I'm wondering, can a neighbor decline what I normally send them and let me know so I can make this happen. I guess what I'm wondering is if you can send a different gift if your neighbor declined what you first offered them.

On the topic of etiquette...I tend to not really want to add people who sound like they're giving me an order when they post their ID. Although, I usually go to their wall, and then to a subsequent wall to see if they visit their neighbors frequently.

I post on all my neighbor's walls when I tip. I gift all at once and then leave a note showing that I gave them whatever number of tips their tables would take and whether or not I was able to gift them. I think you can only see 10 to 20 of the last people that tipped you in the news feed, so if they don't post, you might tend to think they're not visiting you on a daily basis.

I also prefer the highest profit food gifts, so cappuccino for Bakery Story. I keep track of if my neighbors tip and gift and I don't keep people around when it seems that I'm giving a lot more than I'm receiving.

I agree with us playing the way we play. It shouldn't be a big deal if someone deletes you because you don't play the same as they do. I'm on my third bakery and second restaurant (because of changing devices) and I've only encountered one person, which was recent, that made a big deal out of me deleting them. It's really frustrating when you take your time to visit someone every day and you see that they're clearing out their tips, but the most frequent time you see their name is when they request a part.

I'm fine with someone deleting me because they don't want to receive cappuccino every day or they don't want to post to my wall. That's their prerogative and they should look for like players.

Executive Chef
    you cqn't send a second one.. note if you send all the gifts just after midnight, before the next midnight all the neighbors will be shown as already gifted . of course some gifts have been declined but you can't send a second one. they can only tell you on the wall not to send that stuff any more..

New Resident
    Thanks nky1111.

Rhino Keeper
    For me, even when I understand this "etiquette" its hard to follow all of them. I love the game, but I work at a Mental Hospital. I have little time to be reading everybody's walls. I don't have time to be sending individual gifts, so I send coffee or hot chocolate or a building part for everyone of my neighbors. I have deleted or have been deleted by players that are demanding an specific item and can't understand that at the end this is only a game.

I will keep playing, cuz I have amazing neighbors. I visit every day with tips and gifts, even with the little time that I have; if that is not enough then PEACE........

Rhino Keeper
    If somebody "doesn't have time" to at least tip back people who write on their wall that they've tipped, or they "have a life outside of the game" so much that they can't be bothered to read their wall or their neighbor's to see if they can help them out, I'd say I'm "too busy with my life" to add them as a neighbor. I check up on my neighbors at least one a week on Saturday when I tip all my neighbors to ask them if they need anything, as well as tipping them and gifting them the same item they requested when I receive their request. I don't tip everyone everyday bec of time issues, but I do tip everyone back that's written on my wall daily. If it's that hard to at least tip your neighbors back, or to try to send them what they want to make sure everyone is enjoying the game, not just yourself, then maybe you have too many neighbors. Ijs.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    If somebody "doesn't have time" to at least tip back people who write on their wall that they've tipped, or they "have a life outside of the game" so much that they can't be bothered to read their wall or their neighbor's to see if they can help them out, I'd say I'm "too busy with my life" to add them as a neighbor. I check up on my neighbors at least one a week on Saturday when I tip all my neighbors to ask them if they need anything, as well as tipping them and gifting them the same item they requested when I receive their request. I don't tip everyone everyday bec of time issues, but I do tip everyone back that's written on my wall daily. If it's that hard to at least tip your neighbors back, or to try to send them what they want to make sure everyone is enjoying the game, not just yourself, then maybe you have too many neighbors. Ijs.
    Completely agree

I second that motion. Nbors who can't even take the time to be neighbors, or understand what neighbors mean,shouldn't bother playing.They make Stormie look like the best thing since sliced cheese.

New Resident
    I believe the world would be a better place without the word "should".

Rhino Keeper
    I am so glad none of you are my neighbor. I am a 4 start neighbor. I visit with tips and gifts everyday. I see this game as what it is, A GAME, a very fun game, but just a game. I have a life and for me is very disrespectful for people to insult neighbors or other player for the way they manage their bakeries.