Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    One thing though... I wonder what can be done when an older lady just up and goes missing after mentioning health issues. We're starting to get pretty worried. :'(
    Must be going around! I have a neighbor with similar situation, chatted everyday and then is just gone. Bakery full of spoiled food and no messages or tips in like a month......
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-23-13 at 10:19 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote

Fashion Designer
    One thing though... I wonder what can be done when an older lady just up and goes missing after mentioning health issues. We're starting to get pretty worried. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by graciessweets View Post
    Must be going around! I have a neighbor with similar situation, chatted everyday and then is just gone. Bakery full of spoiled food and no messages or tips in like a month......
    I would imagine something happened to their device; a cracked tablet screen can render the whole thing useless in some instances. Health problems brings it to a whole other place entirely..
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-23-13 at 10:20 AM. Reason: fixed messed up quotes

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahitisjenny View Post
    Hello! I have a question...
    Is it polite to write a message on a neighbour's wall when you have tipped them? I do not currently, but what benefits would it have if I did?

Thanks! ^_^

I post a daily funny joke/saying with emojis and a cute font every day. I've gotten busy because of school and work so I haven't changed them up as much as I'd like and I have about 20 that I cycle through. (I just keep them in the iPhone notepad)

Otherwise, leaving a note on the wall when you've tipped is beneficial for two reasons: 1. Most news feeds go too fast to even bother looking at it. I haven't looked at mine in two years. and 2. A lot of people have way too many neighbors and only tip those who post on their wall.

I know when I get crazy busy I only have time to tip off the wall and my other neighbors who either don't tip me or don't post on my wall get tipped maybe once every three or four days.

What way? That intrusive, demanding, and insufferably rude "add me myidinyourFACE" way? The way that instantly lets you know that they're copy/pasting it to dozens of walls without the slightest glance at anyone's name, or decor, or very top post asking them to please not post what they're about to post? That way? Yeah I kinda don't like that way.

Sometimes they'll even add extra parts, like "nice place" or "hey I tipped, cool store!" before the "add me" demand. I used to fall for those. Until I'd see the EXACT SAME POSTS, typo for typo, on my neighbors' walls. And their neighbors' walls. And their neighbors. I followed a couple of them, out of sheer morbid curiousity. The addme's would just keep going to walls, pasting their "sentiment", tapping someone else on that wall, pasting again, and so on, spiderwebbing out... and it's the mass-adders who mass-gift most often too, because they end up with too many people to keep up with, and they don't care if you don't like brownies, because they do, and you should too. ^_^

Fascinating world, this bakery place... XD

I understand all the frustration about the, more or less, "spam" requests to get new neighbors, but I guess my question is, how did all of you top players with 100+ neighbors get your neighbors? When you first started out, and only had "Storm8" or whatever it's called, didn't you write on people's walls requesting that they add you? I agree that the "add me" approach isn't ideal, but i also don't think you need to customize a polite request to add a new neighbor for every person you visit and tip.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dressshoppe View Post
    I understand all the frustration about the, more or less, "spam" requests to get new neighbors, but I guess my question is, how did all of you top players with 100+ neighbors get your neighbors? When you first started out, and only had "Storm8" or whatever it's called, didn't you write on people's walls requesting that they add you? I agree that the "add me" approach isn't ideal, but i also don't think you need to customize a polite request to add a new neighbor for every person you visit and tip.
    When I was new, all I said was "tips for you, from me...I play daily so please add me if you'd like: lilkeeks"

Now I will go to the neighbor list and look for nbrs; I will send a nbr request and then go to their bakery, tip, and let them know I found their ID
    on the TL forums

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by dressshoppe View Post
    Three rules to getting neighbors in-game:
    1. Do it politely, even if you do use a copy/pasted message. "add me heresmything" comes across as crass. Just a simple "please" will help immensely.
    2. There are tons of people who put their own ID on their walls asking to be added, take them up on it!
    3. Please, pretty please, don't do it on walls that clearly say they aren't adding new neighbors. It takes mere seconds to check. That's all I ask.

Nightclub Owner
    I waited for a clue, got impatient, added you, and that's not a name or bakery I've seen around before, so must not have been mine you were tipping.
    Well apparently there are more than one Tinks out there! Lol. Wasn't you at all. Lol

I emailed support about my missing neighbor. I hope they can help.
    Not sure what they can do, really. I can't see how anyone except nmishii or queentina could contact me if i went missing from the games.

I hope they are ok though.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Well apparently there are more than one Tinks out there! Lol. Wasn't you at all. Lol

Not sure what they can do, really. I can't see how anyone except nmishii or queentina could contact me if i went missing from the games.

I hope they are ok though.
    I've come across several stores going by 'Tink' too, but I guarantee it's not for the same reason I do lol. Mine is my hubby's nickname for me, an inside joke, and it's actually a sound effect. Nothing whatsoever to do with Tinkerbell. My ID is the short version of 'Tink's Thoughts'.

I'm hoping they can email her directly and get back to me if they hear anything. Hoping, not expecting. *sigh* I know there's no protocol in place for something like that, but I wish there were.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by yummycheese27 View Post
    I think it really depends on how serious you are about the game. I have 140+ neighbors. Half of them don't gift, half of them are inactive, and hardly any of them tip. But tipping and gifting aren't necessary to enjoy the game, and I don't even waste time deleting inactive people anymore.

And every neighbor is different. I have a neighbor who posted a message on my wall last week threatening to gift me bat air fresheners if I didn't give her the new parts. I sent her the new part that day, but the next day I sent cappuccino and I continue to send cappuccino. If she gifts me bat air fresheners, I'll decline them, and if she deletes me, it's her loss.
    You are much nicer than I am lol. I would have sent her bat air freshened then deleted her lol. I have told my nbrs to gift me what they want me to gift them or post on my wall their request. If neither then I mass gift the rest a usable part of my choosing. It works well for me. I don't care what I get as I play to relax and still manage to get the parts I need for new appliances etc anyways.

PS: Dont send an invite. Sourlicorice5 is not my ID for my main games and you'll end up having my old place stuck in your pending invite list.

Executive Chef
    Three rules to getting neighbors in-game:
    1. Do it politely, even if you do use a copy/pasted message. "add me heresmything" comes across as crass. Just a simple "please" will help immensely.
    2. There are tons of people who put their own ID on their walls asking to be added, take them up on it!
    3. Please, pretty please, don't do it on walls that clearly say they aren't adding new neighbors. It takes mere seconds to check. That's all I ask.
    I so agree with this. I seldom add nbrs now but I definitely never add anyone who simply posts "Add me and then their ID" sounds too much like a command though I'm sure that's not what they meant it to sound like.