Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Neighbors

How many neighbors is enough? I read somewhere, I think, that you can only receive 20 gifts per day.
    How do you handle non-tipping neighbors?
    Do you delete them or ask them why they are not playing?
    Is it considered rude to "silent tip"?
    What are some general neighbor rules?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by apopkamama View Post
    How many neighbors is enough? I read somewhere, I think, that you can only receive 20 gifts per day.
    How do you handle non-tipping neighbors?
    Do you delete them or ask them why they are not playing?
    Is it considered rude to "silent tip"?
    What are some general neighbor rules?
    Just because someone is not tipping doesn't mean they are not playing, it just means they don't tip. Personally to me, tipping is the least important part of the game. You want neighbors who gift and answer requests. But that's just me.

Neighbor Addition Ethics

I just added a neighbor on the game & as I clicked accept I noticed they're a 1 star player. Everyone starts at 0, but it's easier to get where we need to be if we have active neighbors.
    Is it ok (proper/polite/ethical) to go and delete that new 1 star player❓

The Honorable Panda
    I personally feel you can add or delete anyone. I usually try to get neighbors that are a good fit for my game play.

(merging this thread with the existing thread)
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    I would add, though, that not having more than 1 star doesn't mean the player is inactive. It just means they don't tip. I have a lot of neighbors who respond to requests even though they don't tip.

If by "active" you mean "actively tipping," then yeah. But if by "active" you mean "daily player," the number of stars is not an indication at all.

I have played this game for probably 5 yrs now and I have about 40ish neighbors and probably 35 have the same tipping and gifting etiquettes I have.
    I think the trick is to find what works for your way of gaming.
    For me, I tryyyy to be fair with the gifting , those that prefer parts I send over what most used or popular at the moment and food I send over cappuccino. I try to double requests. I tip daily. I only keep 2 and above stars. That's what works for me. I'm not saying my way is the right way but it seems fair and easy.

Rhino Keeper
    I keep my wall clear, so when anyone comes to my page, they'll immediately see
    what I am looking for in a neighbor, along with my ID.

I clearly state "accepting 3-4 star daily tip & gift givers only. ID: scawr".

-If someone comes along, adds me, & they're a 0-2 star, I'll decline with the exception of them being below level 10,
    giving them the benefit of improving their rating as they level up.

-If someone leaves their own ID on my wall, I'll delete/decline & wont even consider adding.

It tells me they 1. don't bother reading walls, 2. they're just on an adding spree because 3. chances are they're not very good neighbors.

If they wanted to really add me, they'd read my wall & add my ID. Because I don't know their star rating, I wont go out of my way.

I deleted a ton of neighbors for constantly sending me drip bowls. & thank god it hasn't happened since!

Farm Supplier
    I think everyone has different etiquette
    Everyone is different
    Manners being polite taking time to read walls if generally interested in adding certain neighbour.

I'm still building my neighbours list into a group of neighbours that play like myself and I'm on lvl 36 been playing good few months now, I've been through a lot of neighbours but I have a great set of neighbours that I enjoy spending time on to help them progress because they do same for me.

Take your time to build a good set of neighbours and just be polite. If you have any questions or aren't sure of something look towards this forum or ask admin.
    And enjoy gaming
    Last edited by kellyleroc111; 10-23-16 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Blah......

GAMER GIRL
    <3 <3 <3 <3

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ravynnNicole View Post
    I'm looking for new neighbors. I'm lvl 99.

I usually don't tip, but i will occasionally if you post on my wall. I gift new parts and reply to requests for parts.

My username is ravynnNicole if you would like to be neighbors
    How do I find you without your id? I am assuming that this is your id as well, will look you up!! Looking for nbrs who reply to requests promptly, tipping and gifting is secondary because you can't always gift and no one has time to tip everyone in their nbrhood, I tip those who tip sporadically like I do. I also appreciate it if nbrs let me know they are quitting the game or play so infrequently that my requests go unanswered, it uses up one of 20 that I can request each day.

I just read a bunch of these replies and OMG. I've been playing Bakery/Restaurant Story since it came out about 5 or 6 years ago and I had no idea players were getting so jumped up over gifting, tipping, adding, and wall posting "etiquette". What in the world people? Chill.
    As long as neighbors usually answer requests for parts when I'm building something- which is generally only around holidays- I'm good.

Why do you even care if you get tips or gifts? It doesn't even make that big of a difference.
    I maxed at level 99 years ago but I add anyone who asks. I delete neighbors maybe every year or so if I look back through and they never answer requests for parts, it looks like they haven't played in a long time, and they're below level 90. Other than that, I keep them

After reading this I'm sure I get deleted a lot lol! I rarely tip, I gift and answer requests daily but only when I'm playing- which is generally when there are holiday goals I. E. Feb, March, July, Oct, Nov, Dec,. Right now I'm playing restaurant but not Bakery because there isn't a Thanksgiving goal or decorative items in Bakery but since I've been popping in to check for sales and any start of Christmas stuff, I'm answering requests and gifting.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one who plays this way, quite a few players who maxed at 99 years ago and have over 30 million coins and hundreds of gems play like this.