Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Fashion Designer
    I am more likely to see a request on my neighbour's wall than my own. I always visit via my newsfeed, requested parts and then gifts before ever looking at my own wall.

What to do with annoying ppl that insist on posting their id on your wall, AND send you invitations... even though you have clearly stated you are NOT accepting new nbrs...? 😳😳😳😫😫😫

Rhino Keeper
    I don't have that exact problem, but I have my ID on my wall, and when someone posts their ID, I'm thinking, you could have just saved us a step and invited me yourself.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraleighashby View Post
    I am more likely to see a request on my neighbour's wall than my own. I always visit via my newsfeed, requested parts and then gifts before ever looking at my own wall.
    I tip back immediately, so it wouldnt help if it was on my own wall bec they usually put it when theyre already maxed.
    I tap my tips down and while I'm waiting for the coins to register I quickly scan their wall to see if any parts are needed. I tried to keep my neighbors' posts that they need a screw or a gear for the next 23 days on my wall but its really not practical bec i always had to keep writing my needed part over theirs. Okay, I admit it. Sometimes I forgot anything was written down there so I didn't look .

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    I don't have that exact problem, but I have my ID on my wall, and when someone posts their ID, I'm thinking, you could have just saved us a step and invited me yourself.
    I did that by accident lol. I didn't see it after the I'd was 0osted and I thought oops daisies. Tl should have a delete option so people can delete their own comments on other people's walls.

Farm Supplier
    Just had a nbr that posted on my wall this morning with " I'm deleting nbrs that don't post on my wall" that's OK I'll save you the hassle and delete you myself. I work a 10 hr job and don't have time to post every single day.

After reading the better part of this thread I think most players would find me a terrible neighbor. I don't read walls, I generally don't visit or tip, I leave tips I get on tables LOOOOOOONG after they've been placed there (to discourage more tips). I have neighbors so they can fulfill my requests for parts when I have to build a new oven or have a goal or whatever. I am not into the "social" aspect of the game and if they ever came out with a BS that had NO neighbor requirements to play, I would be all over that game! I log onto the game several times a day when I'm actively baking, twice a day when I'm not (like right now - I'm trying to offload a bunch of food). I log on to answer neighbor requests for parts and send a gift. Sometimes I don't send a gift. I ALWAYS answer requests I get. I always accept the gifts I am sent - just like in real life. I may not really need it, but it doesn't hurt me to accept it and I don't know if the other person finds out you rejected their gift - which might hurt feelings and is not my goal. I have MILLIONS of coins - so I'm not hurting for the tips or need food to sell. I currently have 5 (or more) of each kind of oven I've been able to build. I have few needs. And I play the game very low key. I've got kids, a husband, a job, 2 dogs and elderly parents that I take care of. I hardly have enough hours in a day to do all that and log on to play - forget trying to have a relationship with neighbors in a game. I barely have time for logging onto Facebook to keep in touch with real friends!
    But, I seem to have found a group of like minded neighbors - at least if anyone has deleted me, I don't realize it. People who log on to play their bakery without the need for the social aspect of it. Some of my neighbors have quit the game, and if I ever notice I delete them. People have requested me to be a neighbor and I accept them - I don't even LOOK at their social rating because I don't play that way. People may have deleted me, and I am ok with that too. I realize my way of playing doesn't match everyone else's, and that's totally cool. I tip when the game tells me I have to and until just this moment, I hadn't read my wall in over a year (I had to look for where it was because I couldn't even remember that much!).
    In response to the ORIGINAL question posed - what makes a good neighbor? - I would say, play the way you find suits you best and you will eventually end up with neighbors who play the same way, or are accepting of the way you play. And if anyone gives you grief over the way you play, remove them. They obviously don't understand the concept of the word "game" and who needs added grief in their lives? Don't we all have enough of our own stress to not have to take on the stress of making some random stranger happy?

New Resident
    Bate and switch inside game. I need 28 friends for free expansion. I get 28 friends and they change it to cost coins. I need 30 I get 30 and they again change it to coins. Now I need 35 to expand and they changed it to coins. They're *****ing us. I play this game for enjoyment. Sometimes I buys gems and so on. I'll expect and answer abut then when they don't reply you can know I'll never spend my money inside one of these games again.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by njkgg2 View Post
    Bate and switch inside game. I need 28 friends for free expansion. I get 28 friends and they change it to cost coins. I need 30 I get 30 and they again change it to coins. Now I need 35 to expand and they changed it to coins. They're *****ing us. I play this game for enjoyment. Sometimes I buys gems and so on. I'll expect and answer abut then when they don't reply you can know I'll never spend my money inside one of these games again.
    There are no "free expansions". You can only expand using coins or gems.

To expand using coins you have always needed to meet two requirements :
    1. You need to have a certain number of neighbours
    2. You need to have the required coin amount

The limited space on the tab is, I suspect, the reason both requirements are not stated there.
    To expand using gems you only need to have the required number of gems.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnfriends View Post
    What to do with annoying ppl that insist on posting their id on your wall, AND send you invitations... even though you have clearly stated you are NOT accepting new nbrs...? 😳😳😳😫😫😫
    I just tip them back (provided they left tips first), thank them for visiting, and delete the "add me" post. If they immediately repost an "add me" I delete it without comment.

My signature line here says I'm not accepting new neighbors and I feel that's adequate notice, requiring no further explanation or debate. So far, so good.