Page 1 of 94 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

OK. I'm new at this...been at it for a couple of weeks and working on reaching level 23. As I'm reading these forums I'm realizing that there's a code of etiquette I wasn't aware of. I've been guilty of gifting brownies (who doesn't love brownies?!), but I get now why that might be annoying to some. I'll stick with screws from now on, though that lacks a certain whimsy.

BUT...and here's my question...what other rules do I not know about? What behavior from your neighbors or other members of the community is considered rude, inconsiderate, or just annoying? I'm totally game for being a good neighbor...somebody tell me how to avoid being a jerk.

Rhino Keeper
    Most of the etiquette has to do with gifting/tipping I think. I usually send appliance parts that are currently being demanded by most (like right now everyone sends requests for music parts) and if not, I send a cappuccino because that's the most desired food (or drink, actually) gift. Most neighbors like the idea of tipping and gifting everyone on their list daily, but as you level up you'll find that you may end up with hundreds of neighbors that makes it...a little tough to tip all of them every day. So, that's not so much of an issue if you have tons and tons of neighbors.

Also, if you tip a stranger, I've heard it's considered etiquette to post your storm8 id on their wall in case they want to add you. I don't do that much anymore since I have so many neighbors already.

Farm Supplier
    One thing I've found makes happy neighbors:
    Say Cupcake sends me a request for a blue knob, I visit Cupcake and gift a blue knob. Then I go back and accept the request. That way your neighbor gets two of the requested item.
    If you accept the request first, you can not go back and gift the neighbor until the next day.
    Makes a big difference when trying to build an appliance.

Executive Chef
    the good place to post your id is your own wall..

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    the good place to post your id is your own wall..
    I tried that but it didn't work nearly as well as just posting my id on someone's wall after I tip them. People don't always check your wall after tipping but a lot of people get notifications when someone leaves a message on their wall

Executive Chef
    yea but this way u get good neighbors)) and if u quit they won' t be getting pending invites forever

Executive Chef
    they should visit u before adding at least to know your level and if u're still accepting new neighbors.. bcz level 10 player carelessly adding level 99's will get disappointed...

I personally do not like when people post their IDs on my wall. I have mine posted and politely ask for them not to ask me to add them.

I have a lot of neighbors and only want daily tippers. If I add them, I can't see their social rating. Likewise, if I tip back a non-neighbor that I would like to be neighbors with, I post that I tipped back and let them know that my ID is on my wall if interested and that I am a daily tipper rated 4 stars.

I like when people post their IDs as well as gift preferences on their own walls.

Everyone on BS has their own preferences. Some are slightly stricter with etiquette, tipping, and gifting, and some are more lenient. There's no general "rules" for etiquette, but there are some helpful pointers:

-As slam308 mentioned, it's good to gift requested parts first, then actually accept the request.
    -Leave a message when you tip others. Commonly, players tip back people who post on their walls more than people who do not.
    -When you have more than 30 pairs of tables and chairs, you can simply buy tables and place them in empty spaces. Since the maximum number of customers in your bakery is never more than 27 or 28, the extra tables can be a good place for tips.

NEVER feel guilty or sad if someone decides to remove you from your neighbor list. As mentioned earlier, everyone plays differently and has different thoughts on proper "etiquette". Remember to have fun

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rusticjess View Post
    Most of the etiquette has to do with gifting/tipping I think. I usually send appliance parts that are currently being demanded by most (like right now everyone sends requests for music parts) and if not, I send a cappuccino because that's the most desired food (or drink, actually) gift. Most neighbors like the idea of tipping and gifting everyone on their list daily, but as you level up you'll find that you may end up with hundreds of neighbors that makes it...a little tough to tip all of them every day. So, that's not so much of an issue if you have tons and tons of neighbors.

Also, if you tip a stranger, I've heard it's considered etiquette to post your storm8 id on their wall in case they want to add you. I don't do that much anymore since I have so many neighbors already.
    I don't think the last part is accurate. If you tip a non nbr there's nothing in the rule book that says you have to post your ID. ID never tip non nbrs if that was the case.

Page 1 of 94 123451151 ... LastLast