Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Weekly Update 3-18-13 Moon Dragon

Executive Chef
    Finally got my third comet core. Comet is currently crafting.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    Finally got my third comet core. Comet is currently crafting.
    Congratulations takes ages but you made it I've just bred a tropic
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Executive Chef
    Best part is that I can now quest for food.

Moon Dragon

I have tried breeding the moon dragon as long as I can remember and I am on level 107 and still for the life of me I can not breed this dragon. My night dragon keeps breeding blue not black. I have tried every pairing. I am on iOS. I would love to finish the quest if I had the moon dragon. Can I get some help please.
    Last edited by monsterland77; 07-10-17 at 06:13 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterland77 View Post
    I have tried breeding the moon dragon as long as I can remember and I am on level 107 and still for the life of me I can not breed this dragon. My night dragon keeps breeding blue not black. I have tried every pairing. I am on iOS. I would love to finish the quest if I had the moon dragon. I don't want to spend so much money to buy in gold. Can I get some help please. Michelle
    You just need to keep trying. I accidentally bred one after trying a LOT and giving up. I had a bingo to breed with a Night (black) so I used Light (white) just randomly...I had even forgotten about Moon being that combo since the last time I tried was in February. I just took him off the nest! I've found that when you give up on something and try for other things you get the one you wanted by accident ha ha.
    Add me:
    Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story: AuroraLava (main account) 11Aurora11 (secondary account)

I play daily and return ALL map and lotus requests. I hardly visit due to crashes.

Thank you for your reply, I think I have just breed the moon dragon with magic and flametail dragon. I have 31 hours. So happy 😀

Host(ess)

Moon dragon

I'm tired of trying to breed moon dragon.
    Keep breeding night and light for ever
    More than 3 months trying but only (blue, white and purple) dragons came

I'm i miss something i don't know

Fashion Designer
    I'm sorry you are having such a hard time breeding this guy.

Moon is known to be a difficult one to breed for many folks, and his "rare" designation does not seem accurate, imho. He seems to be a super rare instead of a rare. In nearly 5 years of playing, I have only ever bred two Moons, and I use combos with both black and white in them quite often. He's an elusive little sucker.

The only thing I can think of that might help is to try using combinations with diamond dragons in them. Stuff like Diamond X Smoke (or Diamond X any black/white hybrid). Or even Angel X Night Elf, or Black Diamond X Light.
    I tend to have better luck in breeding difficult or elusive hybrids when I use the Diamond Dragon or the Infinty Dragon as one of the parents.

My other tip is instead of directly targeting Moon by using only black X white, widen your breeding field and potential offspring list. Cast a larger, wider net. For example, pink usually splits into white and red, so trying for any pink/black hybrid has Moon as a possible "fail." Try for other dragons, just be sure to somehow also include both white and black in your breeding combos. This way, a Moon will pop out of your den eventually- but you won't feel like you are failing every time it doesn't. I hope that makes sense. When you are getting new-to-you dragons, and dragons you actually want instead of always getting the same handful of fails *over and over and over* it can reduce frustration levels immensely.

This is what I did to breed my first Diamond Dragon (after literally years of frustration over not being able to breed one and, at one point, quitting the game for 18 months due to the daily frustration): I made a "most wanted" list of breedable dragons, then I figured out which 2 of my dragons had several of those 'most wanted' and the Diamond Dragon as potential offspring. Moon was actually one of dragons on my list. My personal 'magic' breeding pair ended up being Hidden Gem X Neverending, which has about 100 possible outcomes/offspring. It took nearly 3 months of using only those two dragons in the breeding den to finally get my Diamond Dragon but, along the way, I also got like 10-12 of the dragons on my most wanted list (Sugar Skull, Quicksilver, Hunter, Winter Lily, Mask, Paradise, and more- all sorts of goodies). Those breeding victories made not getting the Diamond no big deal.

Good luck! My fingers are crossed for you!
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 12-02-17 at 08:38 AM.

Host(ess)
    Thanks i will try

Thank you sir for help

Rhino Keeper
    I too was having a difficult time breeding moon. While trying to breed angel and diamond+black dragons by breeding smoke with infinity i ended up with 3 moon dragon.