Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless City - Levels 97 - 102

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by finnth12 View Post
    Any tips on level 102? I made vertical blasters but always run out time on the doom jewel.
    Finally, passed level 102.

New Resident
    What is the trick with 98?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    Wow you guys are good I'm still stuck on 96
    How did you beat it without buying gold?
    You may no longer need this, but if so check out the Pastry Plains thread. Some great tips there that helped me thru (especially OmniBliss & Aleeniweeni's.) I don't buy gold, either, & just passed 96 myself. Looking for tricks for this island now...looks like some more hard levels coming up!!! :-)
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 03-16-14 at 12:09 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mmilonga View Post
    What is the trick with 98?
    Hi, I just passed 98 (kinda tough!) I think 2 things helped. 1. I didn't worry about clearing the board/wood tiles. (Screen scrolls when you're down to one row of dirt tiles, even if you have wooden ones left above.) And 2. I tried to start with a flat match against the 1st row of dirt tiles. Did this by restarting the level before touching any tiles. Shouldn't use an energy as long as you don't make a move. (I say shouldn't because lately Jewel Mania has been a little glitchy for me, and has stolen energy a couple times when I reset the game. Probably just me, but try at your own risk, lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by jamalo View Post
    Also stuck on 99..(...) they need to increase the time limit to 2 minutes for me...
    Hahaha, they actually did increase the time to 2 minutes--and it's still difficult! I'm using OmniBliss' advice (pg. 1 this thread,) but I can tell it's gonna take several tries... Oh well, practice makes perfect (or at least 2 stars?) ;-)

Fashion Designer
    98? I can't clear 89. I'm sooooo frustrated.

Now stuck on 100!

I passed 99 earlier today, & I was thrilled not to be stuck anymore. Now 100's proving difficult--Doom jewels again!👎 They're so frustrating. I didn't think this level would be a problem...no one's mentioned it in this thread. (Ha-Maybe it's just me? lol!) As I play I keep restarting the level until I get a good layout (that allows me to clear one of the 1st 4 doom jewels in the 1st move.) But I still only got through once without setting off a "doom-ey"...w/glass leftover, of course. Hopefully I'll get some diamond jewel opportunities (while avoiding doom jewels!) when my energy recharges. Unless someone has some advice for me...please? Otherwise I'll keep trying, & hope for perfect conditions...

Question Help on 102?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    I passed 99 (...) Now 100's proving difficult. (...I restart) the level until I get a good layout (that allows me to clear one of the 1st 4 doom jewels as my 1st move.) ...advice for me...please?...
    Ooops! Guess I should've waited to post that, cuz my strategy worked! I passed level 100 on the 2nd try after that comment...(Yay!!)

Then I got stuck on 101, and typed a comment here to ask for help, but I decided to hold off a bit. Eventually I passed it too. But it took a lot of energies...101's a tough level! For me, it also required starting with a good layout (horizontal matches next to the dirt tiles as 1st/2nd moves--or restart 'til you got 'em.) Then haul ur bootie! I didn't use my "auto-blaster" presents until the end. Had 3 of them w/3 rows left, & the screen started flashing! Blast, blast, blast...goal achieved! Perfect timing, lol!

Now I am posting, to ask for help on 102 (glass/timed/doom jewels/ice blocks.). I know others have found it tough, too...considering the comments here. Arrrgg! Those $#%* Doom Jewels are crazy fast! So, does uh, anyone have tips for 102?
    [Someone mentioned vertical blasters, and they are helpful. Might just be one of those levels where you have to play it a gazillion times so you learn how to clear glass & watch for doom jewels in two areas at once!]

Talking 102

Whew--passed 102! I thought several times it wasn't possible, but just kept rushing through it trying to clear those doom jewels. Man, 102 makes the heart pound! Played maybe 12/13 times, and only made it thru the time limit twice...when I beat it & one other. All the other times a doom jewel got me--frustrating (@#%*!)

Just keep going, and watch out for "doomies" (the ones that fall have shorter "fuses" than the four you start with at the bottom.) As for glass, focus on your edges, corners, & the bottom...the rest pretty much takes care of itself in the mad fury of clearing doom jewels! I had 2 diamonds when I won...couldn't combine them with another special jewel (none nearby or good matches, & no time to "manipulate.") So I just swapped 'em with doom jewel colors. Hope that helps someone who's losing hope on this crazy-fast level! ;-)

Fashion Designer
    I'm on 102 now. It doesn't stress me out as much as others because it's not constrained by the clock. I'm on your tail, Phaedrakiki. lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast