Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: more goals

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer1600 View Post
    Excited (and a bit nervous) to see what your next update brings - But whatever it is; Thanks for all your hard work and outstanding customer service MHZ_!
    Don't worry, I'm nervous too. Either you're all going to love what I'm planning, or you'll hate it Hopefully you'll all get used to the changes I have planned. Things will be a bit different when everything goes live, but in a good way.

Basically you'll make less from most things in the game, but their timers will be significantly shortened as well. There will be some longer timer based stuff for those who really prefer a slower pace, but ideally you'll have a lot of fun short timer stuff to enjoy.
    Last edited by MHz_; 05-16-13 at 02:34 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz_ View Post
    Don't worry, I'm nervous too. Either you're all going to love what I'm planning, or you'll hate it Hopefully you'll all get used to the changes I have planned. Things will be a bit different when everything goes live, but in a good way.

Basically you'll make less from most things in the game, but their timers will be significantly shortened as well. There will be some longer timer based stuff for those who really prefer a slower pace, but ideally you'll have a lot of fun short timer stuff to enjoy.
    Don't worry MHz_ No matter what happens, we'll love YOU. (~_^)

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuskat View Post
    Don't worry MHz_ No matter what happens, we'll love YOU. (~_^)

You say that now ...

Fashion Designer
    Anyone else a little scared of what this update may do to gameplay?

I hope it isnt going to be like the Bakery Story fiasco, where prices were doubled and recipes were initially cut to 4 coins per serve. Or Farm Story's tap to manage debacle :-(

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    Anyone else a little scared of what this update may do to gameplay?

I hope it isnt going to be like the Bakery Story fiasco, where prices were doubled and recipes were initially cut to 4 coins per serve. Or Farm Story's tap to manage debacle :-(
    I'll be perfectly open and honest here: Things are definitely changing, but in what I feel really is a good way.

I think I can get away with speaking on stuff now. Here's what's coming up in the next major update later this month. This is an update that will require a client update, so as stated in prior posts, likely a couple weeks away at least.

- iphone 5 wide-screen support will be available. Some low end devices may no longer work with the game due to Apple's requirements for iOS 6 compatibility. If you're affected, there's unfortunately nothing that can be done other than upgrading your device. We can help transfer your game data to a new device though.
    - We're adding in Mystery Boxes which will be both for gems and coins. We'll be starting with mystery boxes that have halloween and xmas items in them. All mystery boxes will generally have either exclusive unreleased items or wonders in them as the most rare item.
    - Players will be able to build a jewelry store that will allow them to collect 1 gem for free every day. We'll likely give one of these away to new players to help keep them interested in the game. If its easy and possible, I'll try to get older players to get one for free as well, possibly as a gift or added automatically in your storage. No promises though. Players will also be limited to 2 of these at the most.
    - Industry contracts will be overhauled. Players will have timers from 1 minute to 24 hours. (10 contracts per industry for the industrial plant and the idea factory). The caps on goods and the # of industry buildings you can have will be scaled out for players up to level 50. Any player beyond 50 will have to be a bit patient for the rest of the playerbase to catch up.
    - A new Industry building will be added - the City Planner's Office. This is a special building that will allow you to create parts and permits. The time to make them is still being determined, but likely will be 8, 12, or 24 hours. You'll only be able to have 1 of these buildings for now.
    - Expansion costs will be repriced and overhauled. The initial few expansions will not require permits, and the overall costs, time to expand, and # of permits required will be adjusted across the board.
    - The first 10 levels of community buildings that had their parts removed, will likely have them added back. This is because you can earn them a lot easier now from gifting and the City Planner's Office.
    - Overal parts requirements for all community buildings and wonders will be rebalanced. It's likely you'll see a increase in costs for higher level buildings, but thats due to the expectation you'll have more neighbors to gift them, and the fact you'll be albe to make them as well.
    - The chance of getting free energy from community buildings will likely be reduced from 100% to a lower value. I wouldn't expect more than a 25% chance reduction.
    - Gifts are back for neighbors, and will have all parts and permits available. The old xmas parts will be removed.
    - When visiting a community member, you'll be able to request they become your neighbor without needing to know their Storm8 ID.
    - All Residences, Businesses, and Decorations beyond level 5 can be unlocked early for gems. This will not charge them immediately, but instead will trigger a popup window for confirmation. (Basically this is not a 'gem trap'.) Anything unlocked will still need to be purchased for its price. Right now I'm pretty sure we dont show the price of unlocked items, so you may accidentally unlock a gem only item. I'll try to get this fixed in time but I can't make any promises.
    - A bunch of new quests are being added. It's election time, and you have a challenger you need to beat to stay the mayor of your town!
    - All items are being rebalanced and redistributed across the board. Anything previously a gem item will remain the same. Some old coin items may now be a gem item. Level requirements for most items below level 40 will be the same. Items beyond level 40 may change to fill gaps in levels below.
    - All residence/business timers will likely be adjusted as well for the most part. Goal will be to have a lot of short term timers, with some longer term ones sprinkled in as well.

That's all I can think of right now, but i'll add in more if they come to mind.
    Please leave your feedback below!

Rhino Keeper
    I'll be perfectly open and honest here: Things are definitely changing, but in what I feel really is a good way.

I think I can get away with speaking on stuff now. Here's what's coming up in the next major update later this month. This is an update that will require a client update, so as stated in prior posts, likely a couple weeks away at least.

- iphone 5 wide-screen support will be available. Some low end devices may no longer work with the game due to Apple's requirements for iOS 6 compatibility. If you're affected, there's unfortunately nothing that can be done other than upgrading your device. We can help transfer your game data to a new device though.
    - We're adding in Mystery Boxes which will be both for gems and coins. We'll be starting with mystery boxes that have halloween and xmas items in them. All mystery boxes will generally have either exclusive unreleased items or wonders in them as the most rare item.
    - Players will be able to build a jewelry store that will allow them to collect 1 gem for free every day. We'll likely give one of these away to new players to help keep them interested in the game. If its easy and possible, I'll try to get older players to get one for free as well, possibly as a gift or added automatically in your storage. No promises though. Players will also be limited to 2 of these at the most.
    - Industry contracts will be overhauled. Players will have timers from 1 minute to 24 hours. (10 contracts per industry for the industrial plant and the idea factory). The caps on goods and the # of industry buildings you can have will be scaled out for players up to level 50. Any player beyond 50 will have to be a bit patient for the rest of the playerbase to catch up.
    - A new Industry building will be added - the City Planner's Office. This is a special building that will allow you to create parts and permits. The time to make them is still being determined, but likely will be 8, 12, or 24 hours. You'll only be able to have 1 of these buildings for now.
    - Expansion costs will be repriced and overhauled. The initial few expansions will not require permits, and the overall costs, time to expand, and # of permits required will be adjusted across the board.
    - The first 10 levels of community buildings that had their parts removed, will likely have them added back. This is because you can earn them a lot easier now from gifting and the City Planner's Office.
    - Overal parts requirements for all community buildings and wonders will be rebalanced. It's likely you'll see a increase in costs for higher level buildings, but thats due to the expectation you'll have more neighbors to gift them, and the fact you'll be albe to make them as well.
    - The chance of getting free energy from community buildings will likely be reduced from 100% to a lower value. I wouldn't expect more than a 25% chance reduction.
    - Gifts are back for neighbors, and will have all parts and permits available. The old xmas parts will be removed.
    - When visiting a community member, you'll be able to request they become your neighbor without needing to know their Storm8 ID.
    - All Residences, Businesses, and Decorations beyond level 5 can be unlocked early for gems. This will not charge them immediately, but instead will trigger a popup window for confirmation. (Basically this is not a 'gem trap'.) Anything unlocked will still need to be purchased for its price. Right now I'm pretty sure we dont show the price of unlocked items, so you may accidentally unlock a gem only item. I'll try to get this fixed in time but I can't make any promises.
    - A bunch of new quests are being added. It's election time, and you have a challenger you need to beat to stay the mayor of your town!
    - All items are being rebalanced and redistributed across the board. Anything previously a gem item will remain the same. Some old coin items may now be a gem item. Level requirements for most items below level 40 will be the same. Items beyond level 40 may change to fill gaps in levels below.
    - All residence/business timers will likely be adjusted as well for the most part. Goal will be to have a lot of short term timers, with some longer term ones sprinkled in as well.

I'm glad to see my jewelry store idea actually introduced into the game. Thanks MHz_ for helping in making it a reality! If I got one as a gift that'd be great.
    The other changes will make gameplay a much different experience too. I'm looking forward to them.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiNJ View Post
    I'm glad to see my jewelry store idea actually introduced into the game. Thanks MHz_ for helping in making it a reality! If I got one as a gift that'd be great.
    The other changes will make gameplay a much different experience too. I'm looking forward to them.
    I had already planned to ensure that you'd get one. Great ideas like that deserve to be rewarded

Rhino Keeper
    - The chance of getting free energy from community buildings will likely be reduced from 100% to a lower value. I wouldn't expect more than a 25% chance reduction

All sounds great execpt this two: together it sounds to me a great chance to have same problems I had before the Last big update ie I was most all the time unable to clear my city and this was about to **** all the fun. Please consider that higher level players with lots of population can barely manage to clear the city once or twice a day. Don't spoil this possibility. Ty.

Fashion Designer

I can not wait! i really like the jewelry store and city planner's office ideas.

Designer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by roosfamily View Post
    All sounds great execpt this two: together it sounds to me a great chance to have same problems I had before the Last big update ie I was most all the time unable to clear my city and this was about to **** all the fun. Please consider that higher level players with lots of population can barely manage to clear the city once or twice a day. Don't spoil this possibility. Ty.
    I'd say its likely that if I do this, I'll be extending the energy cap as well I have a lot of data modeling to do first while I tune and adjust this. I'll make sure that thing dont feel too brutal for high level players either

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast