Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pastry Plains - Levels 91 - 96

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Thanks, aileeniweeni...This is super helpful, and I know it's going to help me pass 92. Just taking a little breath--some of the timed levels make the ol' heart race a bit! Whew!
    great you'll pass in no time! yea i know what you mean about these timed levels. i feel frantic sometimes ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    great you'll pass in no time! yea i know what you mean about these timed levels. i feel frantic sometimes ahaha
    Passed it (93 & 94, too!) Your tips as well as others in this thread are super helpful. 95 is a bit tricky, but I just almost passed --just 2 tiles left (ouch!) I'm gonna enjoy this level, though...'cause it sounds like 96 is going to hurt (hate doom jewels!) and take me awhile...

96 is really really hard. You just have to get lucky. a lot.

I got close earlier this week (2 blocks left) but I just cant seem to beat it. You have to get a quick start, be able to hold onto the diamonds until you see the first row of bombs, take them out and race forward. It is really demorlizing to get to the thru all the junk at the top and still have to work your way thru a bunch of layers to the bottom.

Farm Supplier
    I've managed to take out the first row of bombs on 96 with a blaster but then I can never get down to see the next row. For me 91 was a beast. I got through the next four levels in a few days and I'm expecting 96 to be a ****er. Here's hoping for some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by omniBliss View Post
    (...) As for level 94, try to make a bomb, blaster, or diamond and THEN use the present, place it right next to were u already made a "boost", swipe them together. Keep doing that and you should clear it in no time. (...) Always try to make a special jewel THEN place ur present next to it; it's "easier" that way. (...)
    Level 94: Break 62 glass in 70 moves (5JC-jewel colors used.) I replayed this level to get 3 stars, so I thought I'd add a photo/info. OmniBliss' reminder about using the gift boosts (blasters) with special jewels you've already made yourself is important, so I'm quoting it here. It can really expand the power of your gifts--you *only* get four. This level also has black jewels, kind of held in place by wooden walls, and "surprise" doom jewels that fall in occasionally. Here's a screenshot of the level as it is now (didn't get a pic back when I orig. played.):

The gift blasters (row/horizontal blasters) are especially awesome to use with bombs or diamonds you make yourself. To use one, just tap your finger on the boost's icon at the bottom right of the screen, then tap a jewel next to the special jewel you made. Then swap the two for powerful glass-breaking! These screenshots show a round I played where I had a reshuffle that moved the black jewels all over, where they got in the way. I made a bomb, and wanted to use it with one of the gift boosts in a combo. The blaster + bomb's T-shaped blast would be perfect to wipe out most of the black jewels, as well as some doom jewels, too.

The 1st photo shows the yellow bomb (in a green circle) & the blaster boost icon (circled in pink at the bottom.) To use the boost, touch your finger to its icon, then press it to a jewel on the board. In the 2nd photo, you can see I chose the blue jewel to the right of the bomb. It's now a blue row/horiz. blaster (circled in green.) Then swap the blaster and bomb. The 3rd pic shows most of the black jewels gone in one move! You may also have noticed it blasted another gift, and added it to the boost icon at the bottom.
    I'm also using the 3rd photo in a "for example." Say the T-blast left a few black jewels, and you wanted to get rid of some more. If you didn't have any bombs or diamonds for a "big" combo, you could still use a regular match to detonate. You could use one of your gift blaster boosts to change the green-circled blue jewel into a blue row blaster. Then you could make the swap designated with the red double arrow. It would take out the entire row (w/black arrows at the end.) You'd get rid of a doom jewel and two black jewels all at the same time.
    Anyway, good luck! I know there are more difficult levels here in Pastry Plains (like 91 & 96) but I'm only 3-starring moves levels for now--my faves!

Quote Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft View Post
    Ok experts how do you beat level 96? It's proving impossible for me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by fitfunsparkle View Post
    Level 96 is just ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmilonga View Post
    96 is ridiculous! So I can't remove the doom jewels with a bullet, because those doom jewels are NOT visible on the board, but the timer on them is active even though they are not on the board! (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfflauren4ever View Post
    I HATE level 96!! I wish we could just skip a level now and again. (...) I just don't think 96 is achievable for me. Those doom jewels...grrrrr!!
    Quote Originally Posted by artlomin View Post
    I've managed to take out the first row of bombs on 96 with a blaster but then I can never get down to see the next row. (...) Here's hoping for some luck.
    Lots of complaints about the difficulty of level 96. There's also some good advice:

Quote Originally Posted by omniBliss View Post
    (...) From what I remember, swiping a diamond and bomb, or a bomb with a blaster together works better and works really well for digging. (...)
    Level 96- u got to move fast. Before the timed doom jewels explode. Dig fast and then use those presents once you get down to the doom jewels to clear em. When u get to the wooded area use a combo of boosts together to get down.
    Always try to make a special jewel THEN place ur present next to it; it's "easier" that way. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdfoundation View Post
    96 is really really hard. You just have to get lucky. a lot. (...) You have to get a quick start, be able to hold onto the diamonds until you see the first row of bombs, take them out and race forward. It is really demorlizing to get to the thru all the junk at the top and still have to work your way thru a bunch of layers to the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfflauren4ever View Post
    I just beat level 96!! After I cleared all the first row of doom jewels, I paused the game, took a few deep breaths, and started it again. An easy way to get the lower rows cleared quickly is whenever you get one of the arrow jewels (I don't remember the name) use the gift bomb and swipe the two, and it will clear everything off the screen. I happened to have 4 or 5 of he gift bombs, so I was able to blow through all the rows beneath the lower doom jewels very quickly. The trick was to have the arrow jewel on the first or second row before you put the bomb next to it.(...)
    Level 96: Dig 15 meters in 5:45 (5JC.) I was looking at some of the quotes, talking about how difficult this was. I remember playing this a long time ago, and it was quite difficult--took a few days to pass. So I decided to try it again, and combine all the info about this level into one post (and see if I could get 3 stars in the process--only had 1.)

There are lots of doom jewels on this one, as well as wooden walls, crates, and gifts/presents. There's a row of crates right at the start line, which you'll have to bust through quickly to start digging. Then the doom jewels--there's a row of them with 1:30 on their timers at the 3-meter line, then another row of 'em at 7 meters (2:15 timers.) They have little walls between them, so you can't match them side-to-side. Luckily, they give you a couple of gifts to help--2 diamonds. You also get more gifts, after you get past the doom jewels (free bomb boosts.)

Use the diamonds to help clear the doom jewels, but don't combine a diamond + blaster--it takes too long for all the blasters to detonate. It's actually pretty easy to make diamonds and other special jewels on this level, so you might get even more diamonds (just swap with a doom-jewel colored jewel.) It's important to dig down quickly and clear them all...or your game is over. Once you've done that, you might want to follow the advice from bfflauren (see her quote above): pause the level and catch your breath after successfully clearing the doom jewels. My heart was about to pound out of my chest, so I tried this and it helped me calm down before moving on...

Now you're on to the next "phase" of the level...the race to the end. The free gift bombs are very helpful for digging, especially to get through the large group of crates towards the bottom. As mentioned in some of the other tips quoted above, you'll want to make your own blaster or diamond, then place a bomb next to it and swipe. The blaster + bomb will produce a 3 x 3 "+"-sign shaped blast, which is very powerful digging! Keep doing this: make blaster (or diamond,) add "free" bomb next to it (or below it, depending where it is,) then swipe. All the way to the finish line! Yay! Then you'll hopefully see something like this:

Good luck!

Nightclub Owner
    Very helpful thread. Was about to give up on this one but...darn it...will try again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234