Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Broken Hearts Club

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    Sometimes when you make changes to your store in can result in your customers becoming broken hearted.

Other things that can cause broken hearts include:
    • Blocking acess to the register
    • Having your register too close to the door (right next to it so the door opens on it)
    • Blocking acess to mirrors and dressing rooms
    • Not having enough mirrors and dressing rooms
    • Some times having dressing rooms against the wall
    - Blocked access to mirrors and dressing rooms are not what causes the broken hearts, it is what you mentioned next "not having enough mirrors and dressing rooms"... if they are blocked, they are unavailable.. which may cause you to not have 'enough'.
    "Having your register too close to the door (right next to it so the door opens on it)" -- Not sure how it is on iOS.. however this is not the case in Android.. the register can be placed right next to the door, without any issues at all. The customers even walk through the cashier girl to access things if they have to - which is funny
    "Some times having dressing rooms against the wall" -- Not sure what this means... dressing rooms against the wall have no impact on broken hearts.

Thanks!!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by kerriescastro View Post
    The number of customers entering, examining items, buying items, and leaving the store per min/hour does not seem to vary regardless of the number of doors or store layout as such.
    If a purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' or green 'I want something - broken heart' occurs, then check and modify the accessibility & product/store facilities/layouts as indicated below.

In my humble opinion, the best Fashion Story strategy is to have;
    - 100% pink 'unbroken hearts',
    - maximize coin income by selling items that earn 5 coins per unit versus 2 coins per unit sold,
    (I'm currently at level 53 so the number of coins per unit sold may increase at higher levels)
    - maximize gem income by repeated catalog slot purchases of the same item,
    - maximize unit stock levels by purchasing items with a higher number of units per catalog slot,
    - minimize waste due to expired catalog slot purchases,
    - minimize the coins/gems spent on, or store space occupied by, 'decorative' items,
    (at least until you have so many coins/gems you don't know what to do with them)
    ('decorative' items are any design item that is not a; rack, counter, changing room, mirror, or cash register)
    - maximize coin/gem 'bank' levels by only purchasing 'basic class' design items,
    (a Basic rack costing 1,000 coins is just as useful as a 'decorative' International rack costing 30,000 coins).

In my humble opinion, achieving the Fashion Story 100% pink 'unbroken hearts' trick is to ensure that;
    - all racks, counters, changing rooms, mirrors, cash registers, and doors are accessible from at least one side (they have front, back, & 2 sides),
    - there is an adequate number of racks versus changing rooms/booths ratio,
    - there is an adequate number of counters versus mirrors ratio,
    - there is an adequate number of purchasers versus cash registers ratio.
    I do not yet know what the 'ideal' numbers for these ratios are.
    - there is an adequate number of items available on racks & counters,
    And finally, there is adequate distance (number of 'squares' in a route) between each door, rack/counter, changing room/mirror, and cash register(s).

So, given that items can be divided into two classes;
    - rack items (gowns, dresses, shirts, shorts, etc), and
    - counter items (boots, shoes, necklaces, bracelets, bags, hats, etc),
    then the purchase process appears to be;
    - customer enters via door and visits one or more racks/counters containing an item,
    (purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' is shown if not enough items are available/accessible),
    - if customer decides to purchase a rack item - then customer visits a changing room/booth,
    (green 'changing room/booth - broken heart' shown if not enough changing rooms/booths are available), or,
    - if customer decides to purchase a counter item - then customer visits a mirror,
    (green 'mirror - broken heart' shown if not enough mirrors are available),
    when customer shows 'pink heart' - wants to buy product,
    then customer visits a cash register,
    (purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' shown if not enough cash registers available/accessible),
    then customer shows 'a bag in hand',
    then customer exits via door,
    and sale coins are added to running sales/coins total.
    OR something very similar.

I suspect there is a minimum/optimum 'route/congestion' store layout, such that each customer has to be able to move across/through at least one 'square/tile' between one activity and the next activity - a count of three squares in total for the route.
    For example;
    Customer enters through a door and crosses one square, then moves through/across at least one other square, and stands on a third square to examine a product.
    Customer stands on one square to examine a product and decides to buy, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square inside a changing room/booth or in front of a mirror.
    Customer leaves changing room/booth/mirror square, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square by a cash register.
    As your store increase in size, customers seem to prefer longer, rather than shorter, routes.

I hope this helps.
    I have made some Updates on this tips posted by Kerriescastro on Storm8?s forum. I made them BOLD so you can identify my notes or corrections. - If you find my updates or anything else is incorrect, please let me know to update my information! - thanks!

?The number of customers entering, examining items, buying items, and leaving the store per min/hour does not seem to vary regardless of the number of doors or store layout as such. If a purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' or green 'I want something - broken heart' occurs, then check and modify the accessibility & product/store facilities/layouts as indicated below.
    In my humble opinion, the best Fashion Story strategy is to have;
    - 100% pink 'unbroken hearts',
    - maximize coin income by selling items that earn 5 coins per unit versus 2 coins per unit sold,
    (I'm currently at level 53 so the number of coins per unit sold may increase at higher levels)
    - maximize gem income by repeated catalog slot purchases of the same item (Update: This only works for Android. iOS does not seem to have this feature anymore)
    - maximize unit stock levels by purchasing items with a higher number of units per catalog slot,
    - minimize waste due to expired catalog slot purchases,
    - minimize the coins/gems spent on, or store space occupied by, 'decorative' items,
    (at least until you have so many coins/gems you don't know what to do with them)
    ('decorative' items are any design item that is not a; rack, counter, changing room, mirror, or cash register)
    - maximize coin/gem 'bank' levels by only purchasing 'basic class' design items,
    (a Basic rack costing 1,000 coins is just as useful as a 'decorative' International rack costing 30,000 coins).
    In my humble opinion, achieving the Fashion Story 100% pink 'unbroken hearts' trick is to ensure that;
    - all racks, counters, changing rooms, mirrors, cash registers, and doors are accessible from at least one side (they have front, back, & 2 sides),
    {{- there is an adequate number of racks versus changing rooms/booths ratio
    - there is an adequate number of counters versus mirrors ratio,
    - there is an adequate number of purchasers versus cash registers ratio.}}
    I do not yet know what the 'ideal' numbers for these ratios are. (Update: Ration 1:2, for example. 1 register per 2 tables. 1 register per 2 dress rooms or 1 register per 2 (one mirror/one dressroom) is the ideal, however 1 register per 3 of either will do fine, with a few broken hearts. This ratio is good for anything, racks to dressrooms, mirrors to tables, dressrooms/mirrors to registers)
    - there is an adequate number of items available on racks & counters, (Update: A minimum of 4k per rack will last you enough til you refill again with even the longest time item)
    And finally, there is adequate distance (number of 'squares' in a route) between each door, rack/counter, changing room/mirror, and cash register(s). (Update: I haven?t figured this one out yet. However should not be more than 4 squares distance between the mirrors/dressrooms and the registers. Same goes for the racks/tables to the mirrors/dressrooms)
    So, given that items can be divided into two classes;
    - rack items (gowns, dresses, shirts, shorts, etc), and
    - counter items (boots, shoes, necklaces, bracelets, bags, hats, etc),
    then the purchase process appears to be;
    - customer enters via door and visits one or more racks/counters containing an item,
    - if customer decides to purchase a rack item - then customer visits a changing room/booth,
    ('changing room/booth - broken heart' shown if not enough changing rooms/booths are available), or,
    - if customer decides to purchase a counter item - then customer visits a mirror,
    ('mirror - broken heart' shown if not enough mirrors are available),
    when customer shows 'pink heart' - wants to buy product,
    then customer visits a cash register,
    ('I'm angry - broken heart' shown if not enough cash registers available/accessible),
    then customer shows 'a bag in hand', and sale coins are added to running sales/coins total. (Update, the purchase is done at the register, not when the customer exits)
    then customer exits via door,

(Update: I haven?t figured this one out yet. However should not be more than squares distance between the mirrors/dressrooms and the registers. Same goes for the racks/tables to the mirrors/dressrooms)
    I suspect there is a minimum/optimum 'route/congestion' store layout, such that each customer has to be able to move across/through at least one 'square/tile' between one activity and the next activity - a count of three squares in total for the route.
    For example;
    Customer enters through a door and crosses one square, then moves through/across at least one other square, and stands on a third square to examine a product.
    Customer stands on one square to examine a product and decides to buy, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square inside a changing room/booth or in front of a mirror.
    Customer leaves changing room/booth/mirror square, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square by a cash register.

I hope this helps.?

BTW, awesome job on this thread!! And the hits posts are awesome~ ~ JeansJeanie (Juanita's Shop)

Rhino Keeper
    I had broken hearts also. I had redecorated I thought this was the reason but it wasn't. It took me about a week of trying everything I could think of to get 100 hearts again. It wasn't my redecorating that caused it. I wasn't blocking anything either. It was I figured my rank in combination with clothing. I needed more verity. After a few more days of stocking up on new items my hearts returned. I've been playing a very long time and always had 100 hearts. My shop is almost at the maximum size. I also think the "stepford wives" I call mine lol like gem decorations. I put a ton of stuff in storage for a long time. Then after expanding a few times I brought my gem items out and extra changing rooms. To save on wall space I purchased the mirrors on tables for 10 and 15 gems also. It works the ladies actually use those more than the wall mirrors it helped a lot to.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678