Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Broken Hearts Club

☆did the pic show up? not sure lol...☆

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by inkedgemini84 View Post
    ☆did the pic show up? not sure lol...☆
    It showed up. You have a lot of clothes racks and very few dressing rooms. I would add one more to start and see how things go. The picture is fuzzy but the green box above the customer's head looks like a dressing room.

Fashion Designer
    If you're seeimg mirrors above their heads you might add another mirror too. None of your wall mirrors are accessible because you have items in front of them, but you do have 3 floor mirrors and fewer accessory tables than clothes racks so 3 mirrors might be enough.

Customers who want to buy an item from a rack go to visit a dressung room before purchase. Customers who want to but an accessory from a table need to look in a mirror before purchase.

Your shop is very pretty by the way! :-)

☆thank u! I need to expand so bad but I keep spending the money lol! I have more dressing rooms in storage but my shop is so small that it makes it look crowded... I guess it keeps coming down to shop score vs what I think looks right lol... but when it drops to 30 it's really weird... I haven't heard of anyone elses doing that... and I am always looking for good friends if u would like to add me cricket! u r very sweet to take your time and help us with this! id inkedgemini84 ♥#^_^#♥

Fashion Designer
    No problem! I sent you an invite. :-)

I hate having to alter my design to keep the broken hearts away too. One time I had a symmetrical design along the right wall, and I had to remove one item to keep them happy. No matter how I tried to reconfigure it, it was just one too many items against the wall so I gave up and removed it. It was so annoying!

Now that my shop is fully expanded I don't worry about it anymore, but lately I haven't redecorated anything in a way that makes them angry anyway. It figures now that I don't care! LOL

☆I know right?! I used to be more concerned with rating but figure that since I have to look at my shop all the time it might as well please my eye lol; ) but I don't think it's very good when my rating drops so low... :/ I will have to let u know when it happens again... ☆

The number of customers entering, examining items, buying items, and leaving the store per min/hour does not seem to vary regardless of the number of doors or store layout as such.
    If a purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' or green 'I want something - broken heart' occurs, then check and modify the accessibility & product/store facilities/layouts as indicated below.

In my humble opinion, the best Fashion Story strategy is to have;
    - 100% pink 'unbroken hearts',
    - maximize coin income by selling items that earn 5 coins per unit versus 2 coins per unit sold,
    (I'm currently at level 53 so the number of coins per unit sold may increase at higher levels)
    - maximize gem income by repeated catalog slot purchases of the same item,
    - maximize unit stock levels by purchasing items with a higher number of units per catalog slot,
    - minimize waste due to expired catalog slot purchases,
    - minimize the coins/gems spent on, or store space occupied by, 'decorative' items,
    (at least until you have so many coins/gems you don't know what to do with them)
    ('decorative' items are any design item that is not a; rack, counter, changing room, mirror, or cash register)
    - maximize coin/gem 'bank' levels by only purchasing 'basic class' design items,
    (a Basic rack costing 1,000 coins is just as useful as a 'decorative' International rack costing 30,000 coins).

In my humble opinion, achieving the Fashion Story 100% pink 'unbroken hearts' trick is to ensure that;
    - all racks, counters, changing rooms, mirrors, cash registers, and doors are accessible from at least one side (they have front, back, & 2 sides),
    - there is an adequate number of racks versus changing rooms/booths ratio,
    - there is an adequate number of counters versus mirrors ratio,
    - there is an adequate number of purchasers versus cash registers ratio.
    I do not yet know what the 'ideal' numbers for these ratios are.
    - there is an adequate number of items available on racks & counters,
    And finally, there is adequate distance (number of 'squares' in a route) between each door, rack/counter, changing room/mirror, and cash register(s).

So, given that items can be divided into two classes;
    - rack items (gowns, dresses, shirts, shorts, etc), and
    - counter items (boots, shoes, necklaces, bracelets, bags, hats, etc),
    then the purchase process appears to be;
    - customer enters via door and visits one or more racks/counters containing an item,
    (purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' is shown if not enough items are available/accessible),
    - if customer decides to purchase a rack item - then customer visits a changing room/booth,
    (green 'changing room/booth - broken heart' shown if not enough changing rooms/booths are available), or,
    - if customer decides to purchase a counter item - then customer visits a mirror,
    (green 'mirror - broken heart' shown if not enough mirrors are available),
    when customer shows 'pink heart' - wants to buy product,
    then customer visits a cash register,
    (purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' shown if not enough cash registers available/accessible),
    then customer shows 'a bag in hand',
    then customer exits via door,
    and sale coins are added to running sales/coins total.
    OR something very similar.

I suspect there is a minimum/optimum 'route/congestion' store layout, such that each customer has to be able to move across/through at least one 'square/tile' between one activity and the next activity - a count of three squares in total for the route.
    For example;
    Customer enters through a door and crosses one square, then moves through/across at least one other square, and stands on a third square to examine a product.
    Customer stands on one square to examine a product and decides to buy, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square inside a changing room/booth or in front of a mirror.
    Customer leaves changing room/booth/mirror square, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square by a cash register.
    As your store increase in size, customers seem to prefer longer, rather than shorter, routes.

I hope this helps.

New Resident
    Can't open file

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kerriescastro View Post
    The number of customers entering, examining items, buying items, and leaving the store per min/hour does not seem to vary regardless of the number of doors or store layout as such.
    If a purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' or green 'I want something - broken heart' occurs, then check and modify the accessibility & product/store facilities/layouts as indicated below.

In my humble opinion, the best Fashion Story strategy is to have;
    - 100% pink 'unbroken hearts',
    - maximize coin income by selling items that earn 5 coins per unit versus 2 coins per unit sold,
    (I'm currently at level 53 so the number of coins per unit sold may increase at higher levels)
    - maximize gem income by repeated catalog slot purchases of the same item,
    - maximize unit stock levels by purchasing items with a higher number of units per catalog slot,
    - minimize waste due to expired catalog slot purchases,
    - minimize the coins/gems spent on, or store space occupied by, 'decorative' items,
    (at least until you have so many coins/gems you don't know what to do with them)
    ('decorative' items are any design item that is not a; rack, counter, changing room, mirror, or cash register)
    - maximize coin/gem 'bank' levels by only purchasing 'basic class' design items,
    (a Basic rack costing 1,000 coins is just as useful as a 'decorative' International rack costing 30,000 coins).

In my humble opinion, achieving the Fashion Story 100% pink 'unbroken hearts' trick is to ensure that;
    - all racks, counters, changing rooms, mirrors, cash registers, and doors are accessible from at least one side (they have front, back, & 2 sides),
    - there is an adequate number of racks versus changing rooms/booths ratio,
    - there is an adequate number of counters versus mirrors ratio,
    - there is an adequate number of purchasers versus cash registers ratio.
    I do not yet know what the 'ideal' numbers for these ratios are.
    - there is an adequate number of items available on racks & counters,
    And finally, there is adequate distance (number of 'squares' in a route) between each door, rack/counter, changing room/mirror, and cash register(s).

So, given that items can be divided into two classes;
    - rack items (gowns, dresses, shirts, shorts, etc), and
    - counter items (boots, shoes, necklaces, bracelets, bags, hats, etc),
    then the purchase process appears to be;
    - customer enters via door and visits one or more racks/counters containing an item,
    (purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' is shown if not enough items are available/accessible),
    - if customer decides to purchase a rack item - then customer visits a changing room/booth,
    (green 'changing room/booth - broken heart' shown if not enough changing rooms/booths are available), or,
    - if customer decides to purchase a counter item - then customer visits a mirror,
    (green 'mirror - broken heart' shown if not enough mirrors are available),
    when customer shows 'pink heart' - wants to buy product,
    then customer visits a cash register,
    (purple 'I'm angry - broken heart' shown if not enough cash registers available/accessible),
    then customer shows 'a bag in hand',
    then customer exits via door,
    and sale coins are added to running sales/coins total.
    OR something very similar.

I suspect there is a minimum/optimum 'route/congestion' store layout, such that each customer has to be able to move across/through at least one 'square/tile' between one activity and the next activity - a count of three squares in total for the route.
    For example;
    Customer enters through a door and crosses one square, then moves through/across at least one other square, and stands on a third square to examine a product.
    Customer stands on one square to examine a product and decides to buy, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square inside a changing room/booth or in front of a mirror.
    Customer leaves changing room/booth/mirror square, then moves through/across at least one other square, to occupy a third square by a cash register.
    As your store increase in size, customers seem to prefer longer, rather than shorter, routes.

I hope this helps.
    Great piece & thanks for taking time to write it all.

GAMER GIRL
    <3 <3 <3 <3

I am not good at explaining reasons or looking at every detail but I always waited to see if all my clients had hearts or broken hearts after a remodeling I found out (I think) the problem was on where I placed my register, if my register had one paying all other clients would get out of changing room broken hearted so I used to have a hard time finding the right way (I guess the other details are similar this is just how I saw it)

Now I placed one next to each door (usually have 1 door on each side) and they both take more than one client so always have good hearts. (Hope I made sense )

"I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." ➖Rita Rudner

I Play BS & RS
    I gift & accept all requests for parts
    If you gift parts every day
    Feel free to add me there (◕‿◕✿)

(っ◕‿◕)っ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿(っ◕‿◕)っ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿(^ε^)(^ε^)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast