Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 89

Unhappy Level 89

Any one have any tips or tricks to beat this level? Not having much luck

Is it one were you have to mine down the left hand side and its not even attached to we're all jewels? Sorry got no energy left to check, anyway if it is this level you need to use the bomb that you get as present to mine down levels. So when you highlight use the bomb just tap on screen at bottom bit of left column to be mined, and then you blow it and move down level. You will eventually get jewels coming down this column. Hope that makes sense. I will check in am when I have more energy that this is right level. Good luck.

Hi just checked this am and it is the right level. Hope it makes sense . Reply back if your still struggling

Thanks! Got it. Appreciate your help.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    Ok... I've tried and tried, but using bombs isn't making a dent. The farthest of 12 levels I can get down has been 6. I've about had it with this level. Is there some other trick or way to combine bombs or use the gift explosions to speed up mining the unattached right column?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Ok... I've tried and tried, (...) Is there some other trick or way to combine bombs or use the gift explosions to speed up mining the unattached right column?
    I'm stuck on 99 right now, but I'm trying to remember what I did on 89. I think I tried to make lots of horizontal blasters (by making 4-jewel matches vertically,) then used the gift bombs when I didn't have blasters to use. It also helps to combine/swipe a blaster with another blaster, or with a diamond (not sure if it helped to combine blasters w/bombs on this one.)
    Also, it's best to start the level with some "optimal" 1st or 2nd moves. For example, being able to make a horizontal blaster and/or get the present within one or two moves. Otherwise, restart the level until you get a good layout...so you don't waste 10 moves just trying to get the gift bomb (it won't take an energy if you don't touch the board.)

Fashion Designer
    I finally passed level 89 tonight and found the trick.

What I think graciecakes was trying to say was use the gift bombs to explode the purple bricks in the disconnected column on the right to dig down. I'd tried that in the beginning weeks ago, but they didn't explode so I thought they didn't work on anything except gems. It must have been that I didn't have the gift bomb selected when I thought I did (hard to tell what is selected and what is not). I figured out today by mistake that yes, the gift bombs do explode the purple bricks. I knew I had to be missing something vital to completing this level.

So, using gift bombs on the purple bricks combined with horizontal blasters, power bomb / blaster combos, blaster/diamond combos, it's possible to dig down those twelve disconnected layers.

What finally got me through tonight, and with the top score, though, was that I ended up creating two diamonds next to each other. I've never done that before but wondered what it would do if I swapped the two of them. It exploded the entire board and I suddenly had my goal and didn't know it even when I saw 13/12 to dig down at the top. It wasn't until it went to 16/12 that I realized I finally had it. Cool. I'm sooooo happy to be done with 89.

Level 90? Beat it in one shot. I'll keep my eye open for 99. Thanks for trying to help me out, Phaedrakiki.

Yay! Happy you made it (didn't realize the bombs weren't working for you!) That's cool when you swap two diamonds & the dude shows up (& clears all the gems!) Congrats!

New Resident
    Thanks for your help! I've been stuck on this level and could not get it..........I never tried the bombs on the purple bricks; dah....... I thought this level was the end of my fun and frustrations until I found this tip. I did everything (almost) with the bombs, except to place it on the purple brick.

Thanks so much for the excellent tip. You all are so smart!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast