I made my layout have more clear even paths and made my items more accessible on multiple sides for the customers and I don't have any broken hearts anymore, even if I only have 1 register. I would post a pic to explain it easier, but the whole photobucket thing just seems like too much work than I care to do really. :/

Just try not to cram everything together and block off access points. By that I mean, if you have a clothing rack, don't put it against a wall right next to a ton of other clothing racks. That means that these items can only be viewed at one angle, the side not against the wall. Typically, a clothing rack can be viewed 4 ways, the front, the back, and the two ends. Same for the tables, 4 ways. I've set up my store where that is a free tile space to access each display at least 2-3 ways for the table items and 3 ways for each clothing rack. The way I do the clothing is to just put two racks together by themselves, space around them and 3 ways to access (front, back and one end). This works well enough since you can highlight/separate complete outfits this way by putting the top with the matching bottom, if there are two rack items in the set. Or just two similar things that looks well together.

This really shouldn't make them angry since they are already trying on something that they've seen and then they leave broken hearted, but it seemed to work for me once I reworked everything. I've never had the register thing be an issue, since they will all line up and buy just fine with one register, but I do keep at least two now just for the sake of sake. Hopefully the explanation was clear enough and maybe helps out. :/