View Poll Results: What problem with the game do you think will eventually make you quit playing DS?

Voters
698. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not enough habitats

166 23.78%
  • Too many new dragons, too quickly

346 49.57%
  • Removal of old dragons

258 36.96%
  • Parity issues

171 24.50%
  • Game crashing/ difficult scrolling,visiting

168 24.07%
  • Prices of upgradable features( eg. Habitats,stables)

246 35.24%
  • Friends/ neighbours quitting

57 8.17%
  • Gold traps

291 41.69%
  • Lack of communication from Team Lava

196 28.08%
  • Boredom

137 19.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated, burned out and bored

Executive Chef
    I didn't read all the comments

But u got a diamond trying for elf

Elf is only yellow and green I think

U are probably breeding four different colors trying for both fireworks and elf
    Which doesn't help , way too many possibilities

Snowman was the hardest for me
    Even harder than my diamond and my unicorn
    And I also was under the impressions that it would soon have a timer on its head
    And it would pumpkin story all over again
    But as long as there was no timer I kept trying
    And I got it eventually

Keep trying and use only two colors that are needed
    And don't get nervous about it up till there is an actual timer
    Last edited by flowless; 03-21-13 at 11:32 AM.

Executive Chef
    I get many surprises too (including diamond)
    I tried to get some pink hybrids with scare crow and virtue (I hated scarecrow until now) turns out I get a diamond!
    I tried for moon and I get a hypnotic (not a big deal but yeah.. I was expecting a coral or luck or winter)
    I tried for elf and got parakeet
    I tried for fireworks and got my 3rd seabreeze of the week, which I didn't know was rare and sold. Or is it uncommon? I don't remember
    Also, I got clown trying for firworks
    I tried for snowman and got landworm
    I tried for night and got 3 more wizards, an aether and of course corals!

As you can see surprises pop up, but why quit for that reason? It's just a game, have fun with it!
    P.S- this is on my other acct. ask for my ID if you wanted me to prove it. I like the name of this acct. so I use it on the forums. This is my "gold sending acct."

I just keep keep cross breeding until I get a dragon I don't have. Some I just sell, others I feed enough to trade them in the portal to get gems for the spell shop.

Rhino Keeper

Never getting what we need

Why does TL make it like pulling good teeth too get the dragons we need? It's a never ending story of getting the same one's over & over & over. This game is getting boring & it reminds me of real life. Cn't get what we need & the prices of everything. Real life verses DS, basically the same. At least I think & feel. It's past boring now

Rhino Keeper
    Honestly, TL has stopped caring about it's fans and are just too greedy for money. We were told LE dragons were no longer LE due to fan demand of keeping them around, yet we were lied to, as they've been removing all seasonal dragons one by one. They now split every new dragon, pinks, darks, mythical, making them near impossible to get hybrids. They've greatly increased the food costs to feed dragons, it now takes me 2 weeks to gather enough food to feed ONE dragon to epic, that's just beyond ridiculous.

This game used to be fun and addicting to me, I've spent well over $100 on gold, but TL will never get another dime from me. I've gone to being a casual player on DS, not truly caring anymore, but not fully quitting like I want to so often.
    Last edited by maguar; 04-08-13 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Removed third party reference

Rhino Keeper
    Tbh I've been a DS player for nearly a year. Dragons used to be easier to breed but now with the new dragon elements it's just got ridiculous :/ and feed costs are too high and now it seems habitat costs are gonna be high in the future (mythic being 6,000,000 ) this game is slowly losing fun for me. I'm sick of getting same dragons over and over.

Rhino Keeper

Just bitter disappointment now

Now that I am level 92 I have accumulated over 300,000 food and over $26 million in coin (including owning multiple black and a mythic habitat). I have nothing left to do.

I really want the Passion dragon and tried extensively for about 1 month when it first came out (I got the left and right hand dragons pretty quick). I gave up when all the exclusive dragons started coming out and decided I would come back later.

Well it is now later. I have tried 12 times in 12 days and got the magic dragon on every single try. I figured I would get left / right or athletic on a few and at least get to try more than once but nope, I get the ?rare? magic dragon exclusively.

Until I get this dragon I have nothing to do. It is pointless to collect coin or grow food as I have more than enough and new dragons do not seem to come my way anymore. I only have 1 black hybrid and the basic mythic dragon. They are already epic.

As an android player it would be nice to trade / craft so I could clean up island but I cannot even do that.

I am not going to use gold to try to speed it up because I did that initially (spent 100 and stopped) and I need to save for a diamond dragon. I have 900 gold so it is within reach of saving, but that is a whole different story of disapointment. This account is nothing like my wife's. She has diamond and passion and got them at a much lower level. I?ve already given up on Easter and leaf. Just no time to try them all and I?m not sure if passion will expire.

Is it me or does the game seem to penalize you when you gain levels? My strategy has always been the same (use epic rares or super-rares when possible) but I got much more super rares at lower levels. Perhaps level does not matter but TL has altered the spawning algorithm.

I?m about ready to give up. I only play about 5 minutes a day now.

1.) Create new magic dragon
    2.) Gift gold to neighbors
    3.) See if I?m ready to expand (each slot now takes over a week ? 3 day expand, 3 days to get maps (only 20 a day), and then another day to clear land.

A once fun game is now boring. New dragons mean nothing to me; I can?t obtain the one I want.
    • Android needs more features to **** time between failures.
    • These common dragons need shorter spawn lengths or the algorithm needs to be changed back to what it was.
    • Lower the price of dragons. I would buy the dragon for 50 - 500 gold. There is no way I'd spend over 1,000 on a dragon if I had to pay for it. In comparison, I can buy an awesome video game for $50

Fashion Designer
    Passion is super rare, can be obtained only from breeding left and right. Not athletic. I got mine after about a week when it was released. So can't really say much. I don't think level plays a part, probably because the rates were changed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post
    Passion is super rare, can be obtained only from breeding left and right. Not athletic. I got mine after about a week when it was released. So can't really say much. I don't think level plays a part, probably because the rates were changed.
    Yea no kidding, I'm well aware how to breed it. With the exception of all my apostrophes turning into question marks, its quite legible...

Banned
    Passion was the hardest for me to get. 25 tries. 24 fails with Magics, Left hearts, right hearts, athletics. Absolute madness. I remember the last time I put my LH and RH in the breeding den, I was totally expecting a fail and then...got the 16 hours.
    Hang in there. I do not think that the RH, LH and Passion are going to be on here much longer before they are labelled limited and get a timer.

Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast