View Poll Results: What problem with the game do you think will eventually make you quit playing DS?

Voters
698. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not enough habitats

166 23.78%
  • Too many new dragons, too quickly

346 49.57%
  • Removal of old dragons

258 36.96%
  • Parity issues

171 24.50%
  • Game crashing/ difficult scrolling,visiting

168 24.07%
  • Prices of upgradable features( eg. Habitats,stables)

246 35.24%
  • Friends/ neighbours quitting

57 8.17%
  • Gold traps

291 41.69%
  • Lack of communication from Team Lava

196 28.08%
  • Boredom

137 19.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated, burned out and bored

Quote Originally Posted by mamamacfashion View Post
    I have an awful memory, I would have to take photos or write things down if I was to try and do that with every neighbour, that would be quite the job.

But I do 20 requests for maps and I'm going to wait maybe 2 days to see if I get the map then delete the neighbour who didn't send!? Wouldn't that work?

The news doesn't keep everything?? What!! Lol that sucks. But I've also been keeping track of how many maps I do have and then when the news shows I've received 1 or 2 I check my map count and it corresponds.
    Sorry, one more thing. If I visit a neighbour and I can play with their dragons, wouldn't that mean they are till active, because they would be collecting the money. If not they would be full wouldn't the?

* I'm not the best at using this forum right now. ☺️

Nightclub Owner
    Sorry, one more thing. If I visit a neighbour and I can play with their dragons, wouldn't that mean they are till active, because they would be collecting the money. If not they would be full wouldn't the?

* I'm not the best at using this forum right now. ☺️
    It would depends on how many neighbors they have, if they hardly have any, then it's possible their dragons are not played by anyone, in which case, even if that neighbor is not playing, and nobody is playing with their dragons, then you really have no way to tell if they are active or not lol
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Okay so I'm in a transitional time in my life and I started playing Dragon Story All the time - literally ;-). What fun. I am confident that I haven't spent this much time or money on a game since when I first bought Mario Bros. Years ago.
    Now for the problem - I breed and receive duplicate after duplicate - more duplicates than new dragons. I haven't recd a new dragon in ice age in over at least 30-40 attempts. Some one wrote in this thread, it's only a game. No kidding .... But it's only $$. And there are a lot of choices out there and the question was 'what will eventually turn you away?' Indeed for me - this is the answer. I find it to be a major flaw in an otherwise very great, fun & creative game. Cheers!

Executive Chef
    I'm breeding 24/7 and am very happy if I breed a new, non-duplicate dragon once a month. The more dragons you have, the more difficult it will be to breed that one dragon you don't have.

So at some point, you just should be happy when you breed a new one. My last breed was a Passion, I tried for 3 years in a row, and just now I got it.

With food the same: once you decide to evolve dragons to lvl 7, not lvl 10 (unless usefull in the arena), you will have more than enough food. These days I often only evolve for the mining-bombs, so I evolve fails to lvl 4, then trade or sell them.

Coins: have as many habitats as you can, have only 1 Fire-habitat, put dragons in as much coins holding habitats as possible (e.g. A Red-White dragon should always go in a White habitat) and try to even your dragons over your habitats (e.g. 3 dragons, 2 habitats, 1 dragon gives 1.500 an hour, 1 500, and 1 700: you put the 1500 in 1 habitat and the other 2 in the other habitat). This way you make the most without loosing coins.

Rhino Keeper
    I see there one frustration point missing and it is the most unfair thing apart from breeding-the battle arena.
    It is more unfair and random on FFS because it does not make sense to write 80% winning chance against a lv one pet when you use the super rares against it.
    DS battle arena is a bit more fair on that way but most things are quite unfair
    -There are over 100 new dragons but the only 5 useful ones are the amazon-passion( oh so "easy"to get)-marshmallos ( event!)-some champion dragons-aether and the diamond.So I wonder how some other super rares should ever be as useful and good as these five ones.
    the tournaments are a bit too hard ,because most opponents at rank 20 are quite hard and need 10 trials when you have only some nice but not the 5 best ones,but also with the 5 best ones still too hard!
    Level 20 is hard and a 10% of 6 days tournaments can **** a battler player,some people hates battling but I do my battles.
    I fight for my dragon but the 6 days are hard and pure luck ( dont talk about spin to win which is more a crop and map winning wheel than dragons)

Also the winning rates seems to be harder since some months-some hybrid commons took me too much time and I looked the winning chance decreased 10% in some well known calculator tools!Isnt that awful?TL dont make The BA hard when life is hard enough only a suggestion.

Executive Chef
    Once you have 1 Champion, the Arena will get much easier for you. For the rest: I agree. Too many limited dragons (from events) that new players have missed out on.... no good alternatives...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Once you have 1 Champion, the Arena will get much easier for you. For the rest: I agree. Too many limited dragons (from events) that new players have missed out on.... no good alternatives...
    I agree, they keep introducing new ones, and they don't bring them back, there are a lot of dragons that were tournament only or event only that we don't see them being available after the event ended.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=Clark_Wayne;1061620]
    I finished all expansion, but when i was expanding , i always go to arctic isles to see if i can send request while it is expanding in regular island (you need over 60 maps after x expansion ! ) so i managed to expand a new part once i finished one.

How clever are you! What an awesome idea to cut down on the amount of time to collect maps! Good on you, mate!

Rhino Keeper
    No,I haven't noticed any dragons missing, but maybe. I have so many I can't even keep track of who I need to feed or who I should be feeding or what lol

I remember when the food amount went up, it was quite the spike. It does seem very hard but a lot of people seem to be doing it, but also probably buying gold as well. I used to buy gold but right now I'm just seeing if I can do it without.

Dedicated gold contribution? Do you mean just buying gold?
    By the dedicated gold contribution I mean my children and husband. Since my hubby and I play DS a lot, we send each other gold every day. I rotate the children and other neighbours who send gold each day. Ie 1 gold for hubby and 1 gold each for the next 2 gold contributors in line.

And as to the surprise Diamond Dragon breeders, I have been playing DS for a few years. I do not have a Diamond. After my hubby went to work on Wed. I checked his island to plant some food for him. His breeding table was finished and I sent the egg to hatch. I then put his newly bought Beserker in with a Black Rose Dragon since he has only 2 Black element dragons. The timer popped up with 44 hours. I was stunned. I had to look up which dragon had that breed/hatch time (I had so long ago stopped trying to breed a Diamond I had forgotten the time.). Yup, it is a Diamond! He just began playing after Christmas, he got the Black Rose from the spinny wheel. Egads! So I promptly set MY next dragons to breed as a Beserker and a black element dragon hybrid, but no luck.

I think our islands are predisposed to certain dragons. One of my children playing on a Kindle got 2 Snowmen in the first 3 days of playing and now she bred a Gemstone. I am trying to help her collect enough money for a habitat since her money somehow disappears as soon as she makes it. :P

Fashion Designer
    Are the Arctic Isles still limited to iOS? From what I can gather they updated Android halfway through January but I can't find any clear answers about the Arctic