View Poll Results: What problem with the game do you think will eventually make you quit playing DS?

Voters
698. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not enough habitats

166 23.78%
  • Too many new dragons, too quickly

346 49.57%
  • Removal of old dragons

258 36.96%
  • Parity issues

171 24.50%
  • Game crashing/ difficult scrolling,visiting

168 24.07%
  • Prices of upgradable features( eg. Habitats,stables)

246 35.24%
  • Friends/ neighbours quitting

57 8.17%
  • Gold traps

291 41.69%
  • Lack of communication from Team Lava

196 28.08%
  • Boredom

137 19.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated, burned out and bored

Rhino Keeper
    I was in the same boat not too long ago. WOW did things change! The amount of food you need to get a dragon to level 10 still blows my mind. It takes more food for one feeding of a level 10 Fire Dragon now than it used to to feed the Fire Dragon from baby to level 10!!! I really do not know how beginners are doing it. I came back when my youngest daughter started to play, she has since given it up, and I have tried to keep her game going (it is nice to have a dedicated gold contribution) but I cannot seem to get anywhere. I will say that my game is better now and I really like Global Events and the Battle Arena is challenging. These two items were new to me. Oh yeah, the mine is AWESOME!! So hang in there, it does get better and when you have enough money, the 5 hour $75,000 super crop goes a long way to that feeding problem. I still have not worked too much on the neighbour list, but I really do need to. BTW, did any of your dragons go missing? I know of at least 10 of mine that are no longer on my islands.

Fashion Designer
    Yes, some of the dragons take tons of food to get to level 10 but I've actually stopped feeding the higher level ones because my line-up for the evolution temple is HUGE already. I have at least 2 dozen dragons waiting and almost half of those are duplicates I just want to evolve to trade.

I'm planting everyday and letting the food pile up, When I *do* feed a higher-level dragon I focus on one at a time and make sure it's a super rare one so it can help in battle arena (I'm not having much luck in the tournaments with my lower level dragons).

I also check in for collecting coins every 2-3 hours during the day when I can. Doing that has eased my coin shortage.

If you're looking for new neighbors for maps & materials please feel free to add both my accounts, I always respond to requests daily. The IDs are:

chippychan
    LadyRyujin

New Resident
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. I had stopped playing for about a year or so. I just started playing again about a week ago. If you want you can add me. I'm still reading and trying to figure out how to breed new Dragons and stuff.

ID: huneebeez

Banned
    feel free to add any from my Tag my newest 1 is my mbyte66 though ik I must be crazy running 3 devices and copys of this game LOL

Nightclub Owner
    Yea, adding new active neighbors also helps, that's what I've been doing lately
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamacfashion View Post
    Yeah 

Well thank you, I will add you. I've written down my neighbours and I'm gonna see if any of them respond to map requests then delete from there. I will add you  Thanks. I have almost 2 million now but it takes 800,000 just to remove 1 tree so that will be gone fast.
    I don't advice you to delete your neighbors who don't respond to your maps request : you are limited to 20 maps each day from your neighbors, so they probably can not respond to your request because you reached that limit.
    But the servers keep the requests so your neighbors can respond 1 or 2 days after
    Besides, the news keeps only a few lines so your neighbors may have responded to your request but the lines were deleted due to some neighbors visit.

I finished all expansion, but when i was expanding , i always go to arctic isles to see if i can send request while it is expanding in regular island (you need over 60 maps after x expansion ! ) so i managed to expand a new part once i finished one.

The only way to be sure a neighbor is still playing : check his/her island to see if there is new stuff, new eggs in nest or if the neighbor's level changed.
    Last edited by Clark_Wayne; 02-23-15 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry9877 View Post
    I was in the same boat not too long ago. WOW did things change! The amount of food you need to get a dragon to level 10 still blows my mind. It takes more food for one feeding of a level 10 Fire Dragon now than it used to to feed the Fire Dragon from baby to level 10!!! I really do not know how beginners are doing it. I came back when my youngest daughter started to play, she has since given it up, and I have tried to keep her game going (it is nice to have a dedicated gold contribution) but I cannot seem to get anywhere. I will say that my game is better now and I really like Global Events and the Battle Arena is challenging. These two items were new to me. Oh yeah, the mine is AWESOME!! So hang in there, it does get better and when you have enough money, the 5 hour $75,000 super crop goes a long way to that feeding problem. I still have not worked too much on the neighbour list, but I really do need to. BTW, did any of your dragons go missing? I know of at least 10 of mine that are no longer on my islands.
    No,I haven't noticed any dragons missing, but maybe. I have so many I can't even keep track of who I need to feed or who I should be feeding or what lol

I remember when the food amount went up, it was quite the spike. It does seem very hard but a lot of people seem to be doing it, but also probably buying gold as well. I used to buy gold but right now I'm just seeing if I can do it without.

Dedicated gold contribution? Do you mean just buying gold?

Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    If you have plenty of money then upgrade your 7 farms to enchanted, then plant either 1hr or 5hr crops. This should give you at least 20,000 food a day.

My two accounts both have over a million food. I'm pretty selective in what i feed and obviously plant alot of food every day ;-)
    3/6 of my farms are enchanted right now. I'm trying to keep my money, because for the longest time I didn't even have enough for the 800,000 tree removal and that always had me in a jam.

But yeah I think I will try and get all enchanted from now on. Sweet, I just checked it's only 100,000 to upgrade. That's not bad 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    I don't advice you to delete your neighbors who don't respond to your maps request : you are limited to 20 maps each day from your neighbors, so they probably can not respond to your request because you reached that limit.
    But the servers keep the requests so your neighbors can respond 1 or 2 days after
    Besides, the news keeps only a few lines so your neighbors may have responded to your request but the lines were deleted due to some neighbors visit.

I finished all expansion, but when i was expanding , i always go to arctic isles to see if i can send request while it is expanding in regular island (you need over 60 maps after x expansion ! ) so i managed to expand a new part once i finished one.

The only way to be sure a neighbor is still playing : check his/her island to see if there is new stuff, new eggs in nest or if the neighbor's level changed.
    I have an awful memory, I would have to take photos or write things down if I was to try and do that with every neighbour, that would be quite the job.

But I do 20 requests for maps and I'm going to wait maybe 2 days to see if I get the map then delete the neighbour who didn't send!? Wouldn't that work?

The news doesn't keep everything?? What!! Lol that sucks. But I've also been keeping track of how many maps I do have and then when the news shows I've received 1 or 2 I check my map count and it corresponds.

Thanks everyone, I will add you all ��