View Poll Results: What problem with the game do you think will eventually make you quit playing DS?

Voters
698. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not enough habitats

166 23.78%
  • Too many new dragons, too quickly

346 49.57%
  • Removal of old dragons

258 36.96%
  • Parity issues

171 24.50%
  • Game crashing/ difficult scrolling,visiting

168 24.07%
  • Prices of upgradable features( eg. Habitats,stables)

246 35.24%
  • Friends/ neighbours quitting

57 8.17%
  • Gold traps

291 41.69%
  • Lack of communication from Team Lava

196 28.08%
  • Boredom

137 19.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated, burned out and bored

Fashion Designer

Totally agree

I didn't even get a diamond or parakeet from trying for elf fireworks or the new ones

I know I'll never get them or the heart dragons it sucks

Fashion Designer
    I can relate to how you are feeling. I have been wanting an Infinity ever since it was released. Tried numerous combinations that were successful by others besides diamond/diamond combination because I only had 1. I was ecstatic when I finally got my 2nd diamond this past Christmas so I could try the combination. Got my 2nd diamond to epic form and started breeding it with my 1st. Speed breeding and went through all my gold and was still unsuccessful. Decided to give wizard/parakeet a try for Infinity. This time I bred without speeding up and before long I had my 3rd diamond. You would think I would be happy but I wasn't because its not what I want. I wanted and still want an Infinity. I'm to the point that I don't think I'll ever get it.

Executive Chef
    My attention span won't allow me to read all of this lol. All I saw was you got a diamond from trying to breed elf? Sounds like you weren't trying for elf then

Rhino Keeper
    There sure seems to be something to this reverse psychology business. I too tried relentlessly for the Fireworks when the goal came out, and was exceedingly frustrated by the 20 hour fails I got each time until the goal timer was down to the last few days. I decided then that despite the timer running down I was over the Fireworks dragon and just went on with my attempts at the Diamond. Sure enough, I got the Fireworks soon after (though unfortunately not in time to get the goal reward).

Fashion Designer
    I sometimes feel like in order to get the dragon I want, I have to change up my strategy by pretending to go for something else. Reverse psychology. I thought I was the only one who felt this way about their game but I do believe there is something to it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMzB4Life View Post
    I sometimes feel like in order to get the dragon I want, I have to change up my strategy by pretending to go for something else. Reverse psychology. I thought I was the only one who felt this way about their game but I do believe there is something to it.
    I'm convinced it's the best way. TL has developed mind-reading technology and are using it against us!

Rhino Keeper
    I feel your pain. I never had the chance to get a zombie because of the hurricane and I'm not happy about it. It's the only dragon I have never owned.

Rhino Keeper
    I feel your pain as well. I either seem to get the dragon I want within a few tries or it takes over a hundred tries. I managed to get the elf and fireworks very quickly, but I never managed to get either the witch or boo dragon despite constant breeding foe them, and it took over a month of constant trying to get the snowman. I was very close to burning out over that one

My preferred strategy is to breed for something for a while, and switch to trying for something else if I am getting frustrated. The string of LEs that we had over halloween/xmas meant that I just had to keep trying and failing for what seemed like months.

Fashion Designer
    Try to use only the colours for the LE.. else you'd be wasting time when you get the fails for the other colours.. play the game, don't let the game play you! I didn't get zombie and witch either during Halloween despite trying repeatedly.

and yes. I've got a diamond, but I can't get rare dragons like hypnotic and athletic. Missing some of the super rares like parakeet and honeybee too.

Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post
    Try to use only the colours for the LE.. else you'd be wasting time when you get the fails for the other colours.. play the game, don't let the game play you! I didn't get zombie and witch either during Halloween despite trying repeatedly.

and yes. I've got a diamond, but I can't get rare dragons like hypnotic and athletic. Missing some of the super rares like parakeet and honeybee too.
    You say just use the colours for the LE you want.. I must have bred Forest/Air 200 times and still not got Elf. However, after only 4 tries I got one of the heart dragons.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast