View Poll Results: What problem with the game do you think will eventually make you quit playing DS?

Voters
698. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not enough habitats

166 23.78%
  • Too many new dragons, too quickly

346 49.57%
  • Removal of old dragons

258 36.96%
  • Parity issues

171 24.50%
  • Game crashing/ difficult scrolling,visiting

168 24.07%
  • Prices of upgradable features( eg. Habitats,stables)

246 35.24%
  • Friends/ neighbours quitting

57 8.17%
  • Gold traps

291 41.69%
  • Lack of communication from Team Lava

196 28.08%
  • Boredom

137 19.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated, burned out and bored

Rhino Keeper
    @hamadrys: RE: Lack of Updates

Though I am am iOS player, I can understand your frustration to some level. When I started DS and MS, I was on an older iOS device and my game exhibited all the trouble issues that other Android and Kindle players were experiencing from force-closing to severe lagging to being completely unable to visit my neighbors, etc. Updates or not, my game was rather unplayable just because of how resource-heavy the game was for my device. If I was upset about that, then I can only imagine how it would feel to see everyone else getting updates that you aren't getting on top of it.

That said, I have hope that updates will be coming and as such, I am waiting for those updates myself alongside everyone else who is waiting as I have refused to do any feature-related updates (save for Album and Storage which pretty much updated without me realizing) until everyone else can get the same updates (which, again, I have hope will indeed happen!).

So yes, enjoy the Dragons we can collect indeed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by betsyb514 View Post
    I feel your pain! Filled up all my habitats with Life dragons trying to get the Snowman, not once but twice. When I finally got him, it was so worth it! BTW I have 16 habitats that would hold those fails! lol Anyway, you will get there! DragonHeart0 and I are on a journey to see if we can get away without buying a Light dragon. We've been told we are NUTZ! As I've said before, it is the journey, not the destination that makes this fun! Enjoy the journey!
    Why don't you want to buy one?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolas_Kryptonite View Post
    I just want to see if you can do it without buying it. Call it a personal goal. I just got my first Diamond on the way, one more and I can see if it works. If you want to check it out add bb514!

Fashion Designer
    I just want to see if you can do it without buying it. Call it a personal goal. I just got my first Diamond on the way, one more and I can see if it works. If you want to check it out add bb514!
    Fair enough! Gives you something to work toward I guess. Good luck

Banned
    Try mixing parakeet/fairy with light.

I've just gotten four elf dragons with these combos while trying for the new dragon.

I've gotten about six snowmen but dont recall the blends. Never knew some folks still had a hard time.

Makes me feel bad for selling all but one elf. So I could let them date later!

Executive Chef
    I got diamond trying for some pink hybrids... Lol.
    I used scarecrow x virtue (all this time I hated scarecrow, dont know why but I hated it, now it has my special protection!)
    Anyways, I am trying for the newer dragons even tho I got a diamond without knowing and you'd should to.
    You wrote a big story on it, but what abt the upcoming dragons from crafting or the newer LE dragons or even the newer regular dragons?
    Maybe, you should use diamond to help you? Try. Doing mirage and diamond to get fireworks or a simple fruitful x diamond to get a elf. Use diamond as an advantage.
    Hope that helps!
    But, don't quit the game, seems like youve been successful...

Executive Chef
    I feel your pain! Filled up all my habitats with Life dragons trying to get the Snowman, not once but twice. When I finally got him, it was so worth it! BTW I have 16 habitats that would hold those fails! lol Anyway, you will get there! DragonHeart0 and I are on a journey to see if we can get away without buying a Light dragon. We've been told we are NUTZ! As I've said before, it is the journey, not the destination that makes this fun! Enjoy the journey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolas_Kryptonite View Post
    I know what you mean betsyb514,
    Never bought a dragon or gold, I love the challenge of breeding it myself.

Rhino Keeper
    I understand how you feel too. I let myself get obsessed over the Halloween dragons. Red and purple are the hardest colors for me to breed. (not just when I breed those colors together, any combination of those colors). I spent well over 500 gold and stayed up late and few nights while my husband and kids were sleeping breeding for the witch and pumpkin.... Over and over over. This was when they were first released with their initial timers. Some how I managed to get the witch and only the witch after having spent so much money just trying. I was so frustrated. Then tl brought them back, still limited but they extended the deadline. I was so glad to get a chance to try to get boo and pumpkin again; yet, so upset that I spent real money to hurry what was supposed to be available for a limited time only. I did eventually get the rest of the Halloween dragons, but purely by accident. The only dragon I tried to breed was Boo, but I refused to speed up any more breeding pairs. If I got it fine, if not oh well.

I quit trying for them. I breed other colors trying to get the other dragons I needed. One a day I would put the needed pair for pumpkin and finally got it. Same happened for Zombie, which I really didn't want care if I got. I was so burnt out by le dragons, I had let them ruin the game for me. I didn't quit, but I logged in around the time my breeding pair would be done. In between I sometimes logged in to collect coins. I only visited a few of my gold exchange neighbors.

Turkey dragons were easy for me to get, yellow and Green combinations love me it seems. Only exception of is mixing either of them with red or purple. I guess all those years of really not liking the color red are coming back to haunt me. Lol By Christmas I was so busy hunting down deals on the items we had in mind for the kids that I didn't have time to obsess. I tried for the elf and bred two back to back. Snowman not so much. Only good thing is I finally breed a forest fire. I did manage to get snowman eventually but only because I stopped trying and caring.

I had a mind volt I bred during one of my le breaks. One night while looking for a pair to half-hearted try for a firework, I put mind volt and forest fire in the den and pressed breed. Thinking why not, I was almost level 80 without a Diamond. Not for one second did I think I would get one. The game lagged for a few days seconds and then the bar over the den popped up. Out of habit I looked at the breeding time, 2 days or 44 gold. I couldn't believe it. I felt exactly how you described. So excited and yet so dumbstruck. I had heard about the sudden breeding boom of diamonds but no way was I letting it bring me down.

I made my husband (who could careless about this game) look at the timer twice just so I had a witness. Lol He has had a theory for years when it comes to rare items from games. (we were hard core pc gamers before we had kids for years). The more you want it, the more you obsess over it... The longer it takes to get it. When I started to apply that to ds, it helped renew my zest for ds.

This turned out longer than I meant it too. I really do understand how you feel. I'm in a better mind state now, my unintended break during December help!

Elf mix I used was fairy/fruitful and fairy/green.

Executive Chef
    I've never brought a Dragon using Gold (or bought gold for money) either.

I love the Elf line so much, I want a second one now. And I still don't have a Snowman. Then I've got to get the Valentines. Eek! LE's!

Executive Chef
    I don't want to be pessimistic, but to get a Light dragon one DEFINITELY needs to buy it...
    Or breed two diamonds (be it a diamond or infinity) to get it. And the other possible outcomes are pink , fire, forest, water, magic, air and, apparently, passion. But it seems like wasted effort, IMHO, especially when light dragons and their hybrids are so cool. (well, some of them.lol)

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast