Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fashion boutique vs clothing warehouse design

I play for the amount of time I have before I can make it back in game... Regardless of the money it brings in (I've honestly never really understood how/when the coins come in, and I've watched the customers and coin counter to figure it out) I've seen the charts on here that explain it, but after playing so long I really don't care. It takes a ton of time to earn the biggest expansions.... Exercise some patience. Eventually we earn all the coins from every catalog (except the many items that we were recently stripped of (with notice, yet so unexpectedly.)

All TL games are designed this way. Some players cannot wait to have something they want or risk never having it... That's how TL makes a profit. For the rest of us, we do what we can when we can, we make the best of the items we have... And wait a ridiculously long time between expansions and renovations. and in the end have a nice lil virtual boutique to be proud of.

If you really cannot stand not making enough coins in a day... purchase your orders daily and in the meantime go play castle or dragon or restaurant story and before you know it a million coins are waiting for you in Fashion Story.

On the other topic at hand, I personally do not like visiting the warehouse themed stores because they're boring. may as well call this game Costco Story or Wally World. I prefer to see people's creativity and new design ideas that then spark ideas for my own boutique. (Which may also be a reason TL makes certain decor limited... And takes good items from us before we can get our hands on them! Not to just get our gem money but to make it less possible for copycatters... Just a thought.) Stores with a bunch of empty racks for more than a week or so: Get deleted... unless I know a nbr is busy or simply renovating.

Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    if u include one low level item then u lose 3 other items from the shop...no time remains to renew them .so once the shop gets full i have to look at how many items per hour it delivers.. like that 'by the fire', it eats alot of time..
    I don't understand this comment. Please explain in further detail... One low level item....lose 3 from shop....?

I feel like I should post a pic of my boutiques (iPad/iPhone) just to show that it's entirely possible to have a decorated shop and give my strategy for the new players:

My oldest ipad shop: I left the coin and level info on the pic. I recently expanded and renovated after Christmas. Coins are just now starting to accumulate again.

My new iphone shop:
    Coins: 775,756; 40 Gems; Level 45 (screenshot from my other store so I couldn't see the info)

For the first 12 levels or so its hard to keep stocked. My strategy took time to develop in my original game. After understanding the game I started playing a second game on my phone and it took off very easily and I seem to make money much faster. What it took was persistence and patience through the beginning levels. I immediately mastered the 1 min catalog on day one. then the 5 min, 15 min. and so on. By the time I had enough coins saved up to order some new level items I blocked the door and mastered one or two racks at a time. Open up my doors over night and start all over upon waking the next day. Built up enough coins to start buying one nice rack at a time a putting the uglies in storage. Built up gems and buy one nice item every now and again, but try not to. I try to save my gems for limited items. But I noticed if I master an item before opening my doors then it stays full long enough for me to master an entire catalog. And just build slowly from there. Now I can keep my doors open almost all the time. If I notice I have less than 800 or so items on a rack I will close up shop and master that item before moving on to the next. In regards to the tasks, I only complete the timed goals and usually block the door until I'm back to business. I mastered most goals on my older game and honestly most of them were items that didn't match my design and seemed a waste of money that took ages to earn back. So on my new game I don't do the goals very often, and I seem to have progressed much faster!

Hope that helps some newbie players get going...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GrEEnEyedGoldiE View Post
    I don't understand this comment. Please explain in further detail... One low level item....lose 3 from shop....?
    everyone probably noticed it when doing the goal - if you order alot of by the fire you start getting empty racks!
    to keep a rack stocked u need to add to it ~1000 items per day. now, by the fire delivers 330 per 5hr so u need to order it in 3slots per day to not run out of it. on the other hand high level stuff like blooming diva delivers 900 in the same 5 hours. so if u use that 3 slots to order blooming diva instead, u can keep 3 more racks in the shop constantly selling the stuff. eventually u get all of the time allocated to orders , u can have only 22*24 "slot-hours" per day and no more. so the number of racks that u can keep stocked is directly connected to number of items per hour that your orders deliver. it's something like items*22*24/1000.
    omg they should patent this game as instant accountant courses lol))))))

Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    everyone probably noticed it when doing the goal - if you order alot of by the fire you start getting empty racks!
    to keep a rack stocked u need to add to it ~1000 items per day. now, by the fire delivers 330 per 5hr so u need to order it in 3slots per day to not run out of it. on the other hand high level stuff like blooming diva delivers 900 in the same 5 hours. so if u use that 3 slots to order blooming diva instead, u can keep 3 more racks in the shop constantly selling the stuff. eventually u get all of the time allocated to orders , u can have only 22*24 "slot-hours" per day and no more. so the number of racks that u can keep stocked is directly connected to number of items per hour that your orders deliver. it's something like items*22*24/1000.
    omg they should patent this game as instant accountant courses lol))))))

Oh I see. I never ran into that problem I suppose because I usually do my orders differently. I generally only order one or two items at a time, same items in all slots. If I need to order more items all at once I order 5 slots of each.

Of course I was just one or two orders away from mastering By the Fire, before its untimely removal.

Fashion Designer
    The way the coins work is that a customer decides to buy a specific item and goes to cashier - when that customer pays, the +2 or +5 goes up from the rack or counter for that item they bought, the quantity changes and your coins go up. That's when you get money.

Fashion Designer
    But as far as the topic - I've been playing since September or so, and I constantly redesign my shop. I haven't really cared before that it took me forever to expand cuz it's a trade off to me - I either get a large shop or I get whatever coin items I want when there's new decoration, that's fair. But for at least the last 10 levels or so I've paid more attention because I'd like a larger space for more areas - I think my shop is 14x17. But I can't bring myself to turn my shop into tjmax to test and see if it's actually better so thought I'd ask here instead lol.
    There's some weird thing with the game though, blocking off parts of the store can really cut sales even when there's plenty of other things to buy. Hard to figure out.

New Resident
    I too am working out the game strategies. I only play once a day during the week because I work and run a home. During the week my shop has a boutique layout with fewer clothes grouped by collection. On the weekends I change the layout to rows and work on goals, earning gems, and making money. There is more in my shop on weekends. I have not used real money to play the game but still enjoy it!

In an earlier post here I advised to block the doors because I've been doing it without problem for over a year, however I recently discovered that its an invalid game technique. You can do it, but if a glitch/bug occurs while the door is blocked TL cannot fix it. It's possible that blocking the doors will become an expensive problem. Just thought I'd pass that along in this thread. I know if ever I go on vacation or won't be playing for longer periods of time, I will still block my door and take my chances.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by GrEEnEyedGoldiE View Post
    I feel like I should post a pic of my boutiques (iPad/iPhone) just to show that it's entirely possible to have a decorated shop and give my strategy for the new players:

My oldest ipad shop: I left the coin and level info on the pic. I recently expanded and renovated after Christmas. Coins are just now starting to accumulate again.

My new iphone shop:
    Coins: 775,756; 40 Gems; Level 45 (screenshot from my other store so I couldn't see the info)

For the first 12 levels or so its hard to keep stocked. My strategy took time to develop in my original game. After understanding the game I started playing a second game on my phone and it took off very easily and I seem to make money much faster. What it took was persistence and patience through the beginning levels. I immediately mastered the 1 min catalog on day one. then the 5 min, 15 min. and so on. By the time I had enough coins saved up to order some new level items I blocked the door and mastered one or two racks at a time. Open up my doors over night and start all over upon waking the next day. Built up enough coins to start buying one nice rack at a time a putting the uglies in storage. Built up gems and buy one nice item every now and again, but try not to. I try to save my gems for limited items. But I noticed if I master an item before opening my doors then it stays full long enough for me to master an entire catalog. And just build slowly from there. Now I can keep my doors open almost all the time. If I notice I have less than 800 or so items on a rack I will close up shop and master that item before moving on to the next. In regards to the tasks, I only complete the timed goals and usually block the door until I'm back to business. I mastered most goals on my older game and honestly most of them were items that didn't match my design and seemed a waste of money that took ages to earn back. So on my new game I don't do the goals very often, and I seem to have progressed much faster!

Hope that helps some newbie players get going...
    Nice rating you have I see 1star nbr, hope newbies won't follow that :P otherwise I won't have new nbrs ������ it's also funny to see that people are complaining about money flow , I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT VISITING , LIKING AND ESPECIALLY GETTING LIKES CAN GIVE YOU MORE THAN 20 PER DAY (AVERAGE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast