Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich

Host(ess)
    Much appreciated!

Host(ess)
    Well, I am breeding Light (lv4) + Red (lv4) for the first time; I don't think it's a Love dragon because my breeding time is 20 long hours. 😥Any thoughts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodies4Life View Post
    Well, I am breeding Light (lv4) + Red (lv4) for the first time; I don't think it's a Love dragon because my breeding time is 20 long hours. 😥Any thoughts?
    It's probably 21 hrs which would be a Tusker. super rare and hard to get. Congrats!

Host(ess)
    Well then, this is a good thing. Thank you!

Host(ess)

Oh Wait, I Made a Mistake

Wait, I totally made a mistake ( I think). Breeding time actually says 2days or 33 gold. So, does this mean whatever dragon I now have will hatch in 33 hours?😱

Banned
    Wait, I totally made a mistake ( I think). Breeding time actually says 2days or 33 gold. So, does this mean whatever dragon I now have will hatch in 33 hours?😱
    correct, that would be the pink Virtue dragon

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    correct, that would be the pink Virtue dragon
    TL did it again; Virtue is showing locked until level 20. Oh well, thanks again for your assistance. As you can see, I'm a newbie😅

Did you purchase large or small habitats? I would think large habitats are best if you are unable to check on them frequently...
    In the beginning, the money is tight & slow to come by, you may need to buy the small habitat first. But as you go in higher level & money flows easily, always go for the Big Habitat. This is because the cost to buy the big habitat directly is the same as upgrading so you basically lose the initial cost of purchase of the small habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMomma76 View Post
    This would have been great to know when I started playing. I feel a little screwed now since I'm already at level 18 and I don't have any baby dragons. This is the first game like this I have ever played and so I am a little confused and frustrated as to the strategies for success. I really don't want to spend cash on this game to buy gold, but the higher up I get it seems like you need gold for EVERYTHING. Am I missing something here guys? I am surprised by how much I am enjoying the creativity of this game, but if I can't advance any further without spending actual dollars I may have to give it up. I would greatly appreciate any and tips, pointers, advice, shortcuts etc. you all can offer. Thanks bunches!!! :-))
    Don't quit. You can advance without spending a single cent. I am at level 44 & have not bought anything so far. At the rate I am getting gold from friends & goals, I may not have too. I have outlined how to get free gold on page 8. Please check on it... But the most important advice so you wont have to spend any money is be patient & just wait. Play other games if you feel bored of waiting & come back to DS to collect coins or when breeding, clearing or hatching is finished. DS is not a game you watch & stare at...

Quote Originally Posted by NeferTsukia View Post
    You got there first xD

As for not speeding up - sometimes it may be necessary, like when trying for limited edition dragons. I sometimes speed up before going to bed when i check the time and it's going to be hatched long before I wake up.
    I also never speed up when a timer drops below 40 minutes or so - I think that paying 1 gold for less than an hour is a waste!
    I do this as well. If anything will be finished <2 hours after my bedtime, I speed up & start another breeding or evolving. But anything beyond that I wait out & let it sit until I wake up. And why not? I always wait for DS so it's nice to let DS wait for me once in a while.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast