Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich

Fashion Designer
    I got a 2 day (33 hour) breeding time first try - that kinda threw off my plans to hatch 3 love dragons today! I guess I shouldn't complain about getting the virtue dragon though :-)

Rhino Keeper
    I think there is an easier method.

1) for starting players, just build habitats n filled them up with dragons. Do not sell any dragons unless you run out of space.
    2) do not upgrade your farm. Just leave it at the smallest farm and do the fireapples 1 hr thing
    3) very important do NOT raise your dragons above lvl 6. For me duplicate dragons that are stopped at lvl 4.
    4) the game favors players that keep coming back every 2-3 hours.

5) keep expanding n building habitats. Do not buy the trading or crafting or any decor. These take up precious space n cost money. Also do not do any goals as most goals costs money n result in negative cash flow n worthkess xp. Exception are the goals that result in gems.

6) once you reached 35-40 habitats you r rich. Mathematically say avg of 3,000 coins x 40 habitats that is 120,000 coins per session. So expansion n clearing is no problem. Eg I used to do about 8 sessions per day. Then one can buy those trading n crafting n decor or raise all your dragons to epic.

Do you find these tips helpful?

Fashion Designer
    ok, so first light/fire combo was a 33 hour Virtue, second try is a 15 hour Laserlight, no Love.
    I agree with elwood99s tips and will add that it is a good idea to get a second nest as soon as possible, I got mine in under two weeks with gold from neighbors and from the "totally unrelated extra goals" you get from downloading and playing other games. It's the only reason I even went for the 5 hour love dragon - with only one nest, it would have been sitting there for 28 hours trapping two dragons in the breeding den.
    Also if you have the time to do a lot of active playing, do buffbeets and start visiting neighbors by the hundreds, go home every three minutes to clear sparkles and harvest buffbeets and take another round. Many players return visits immediately afterwards, and I've had a few days in which I cleared several hundred sparkles which quickly makes a huge difference at lower levels.
    I didn't know that the game favors active players... maybe that's why I can't get the common Love, but keep getting rare dragons! :-)

Fashion Designer
    something else I discovered - my game lags a bit in registering visits, sometimes several minutes, therefore I just tap and collect from the habitats without sparkles, but if somebody did visit I will still get the bonus a little later.

Fashion Designer
    plus choosing an island name starting with a letter in the beginning of the alphabet will get you more visits from people who just go through their list of neighbors from one end to the other, but will stop half way through if they don't have more time to play.

Rhino Keeper
    Just to add some more tips

1) when visiting nbrs, always comment on their wall. Because sometimes the msg gets truncated if there is too many activities so your visit may not be seen by the nbr. There is no need to change your name becuase it cost gold.
    2) the easiest way to refresh is to write something on your wall or deleting msg from your wall. It should show the lateset sparkles

Fashion Designer
    STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich

answer is : beware of easter/honeybee/firestorm and every red/yellow combo, those could bring you mythic ! and you surely dont have enough coins to built its habitat

Fashion Designer
    you can't get mythic before level 40, so you have some time to save up those 6 million coins for the habitat :-)

Rhino Keeper
    I wish I'd read this 40-odd levels ago, bare minimum I'd have an athletic dragon that I'm still yet to breed!!

I followe guide to a T and got 4 eggs before lvl 10... 1st athletic at lvl 7....2nd left heart at lvl 8 ...3rd got a 2nd athletic. ... last bread at lvl 9 got right heart.... guessing left and right hearts are possible too prior to magic at lvl 10.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast