Thread: What to buy?

Executive Chef

What to buy?

Soon I will be given the choice: a 4th Nest, or an 8th gold-giving dragon.

Feeding and leveling the dragon to lvl 10 will be easy, so that's no problem.

The nests are quite handy with Leaderboards, World Events the second Evolution Temple and the Second Breeding Roost. An extra gold-giving dragon means I can buy the 4th nest in relatively short time also... (but then ofcourse, the question will be: 4th nest, or 9th gold-giving dragon :P)

I really don't know what will be the better choice... What are your opinions?

Nightclub Owner
    In my opinion, there is nothing that beats a Gold Producing Dragon or as I call them, a GPD ( )

I have all 12 and tend to keep a healthy gold balance without spending real $$. I recently got a third nest (just for convenience not LB events) and it's nice and all but I wouldn't even know what to do with a 4th!

Again, this is only my opinion but I vote for the GPD, hands down
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Farm Supplier
    Lucky you for such kind of dilemas..
    If you have 3 nest and 7 gold producing dragon, i think you just pick one (4 nest or 8 gpd), anyway the next choice will come quickly... probably faster than replies here..

Fashion Designer
    GPD, for sure, as far as I'm concerned.
    I've got the 3rd nest for a few months now and I got the first (!) nest clutter only this morning, but only because I had a Fruitful in one nest for the tales AND I'm breeding Diamond and Infinity... first a 24 hour Aries, after that a 5 hour Shell (new ) and first breed after that (ofcourse) Fire. So very happy to spend 5 gold speed hatching Shell

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonv15 View Post
    Lucky you for such kind of dilemas..
    If you have 3 nest and 7 gold producing dragon, i think you just pick one (4 nest or 8 gpd), anyway the next choice will come quickly... probably faster than replies here..
    I've been saving gold from day one... and I'm playing over 3 years now. Very, very rarely spend gold on speeding, I spent my gold very strategically... If it doesn't help me in the long run, I don't spend it. That's how I got where I am now

Thanks for the advice all! I think 1,600 gold for a dragon is a lot, but it will pay itself back...

Executive Chef
    I'm waiting (and saving) for cyber Monday , so that's what I would suggest

Nightclub Owner
    I would say buy a gold giving dragon, but it's up to you really
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

I'd save your gold for the next GPD sale, which tends to most reliably be cyber Monday. You can usually get two for the price of one. That benefits you much more in the long run, and it's coming up rather quickly so you can accumulate more gold in the mean time to either play around with or save for yet another GPD or the 4th nest.
    I found this last leaderboard was much easier to achieve the milestones with the 3 nests and 2 evolution temples. A 4th nest means an increased benefit for the leaderboard and world events, but GPD gives a much wider benefit since you can use the gold for habitats, dragons, or generally making gameplay easier.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Soon I will be given the choice: a 4th Nest, or an 8th gold-giving dragon.

Feeding and leveling the dragon to lvl 10 will be easy, so that's no problem.

The nests are quite handy with Leaderboards, World Events the second Evolution Temple and the Second Breeding Roost. An extra gold-giving dragon means I can buy the 4th nest in relatively short time also... (but then ofcourse, the question will be: 4th nest, or 9th gold-giving dragon :P)

I really don't know what will be the better choice... What are your opinions?
    gold giving dragon of course ! (but wait for the sale )
    it will help you to get the nest (nest can't help you to get treasure dragons LOL )
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)