Thread: Two Devices, One Game

New Resident

Two Devices, One Game

I have scoured the forums under both Storm8 and here at TeamLava and I have not found anything on this problem yet.

I purchased two Azpen A701 tablets as presents for my two children for Christmas. Both of them have been playing Restaurant Story on my Droid X and my wife's Droid X (two different devices, two different Storm8 IDs). I wanted to transfer their games to their two new tablets, however I seem to have run into a slight problem. I have transferred TeamLava games from my old phone to my new phone, so I am aware of the process.

I set up a Storm8 game on the one Droid X and started the transfer to a new device process. I downloaded the same Storm8 game on one of the new tablets and went to complete the transfer process, but it was denied as there was already a Storm8 ID set up on the new device. I downloaded Restaurant Story, and sure enough there is an existing game with a Storm8 ID already on Level 22. Out of curiosity, thinking that perhaps this tablet was a store return, I downloaded Restaurant Story on the second tablet. Not only is there a game on that one as well, but it is the SAME EXACT game. Same Storm8 ID, same level and everything. I can start cooking a food on one and see it on the other when I open up the restaurant. Very strange. I thought the Storm8 IDs were unique to each device, but apparently that is not the case. The kids would like their own existing restaurants on their tablets, not a shared restaurant.

This brings up another interesting issue. I would assume that if two identical tablets have the same Storm8 ID, that there could literally be thousands out there. Is there anyway for TeamLava or Storm8 to view their server logs and identify devices that are logging in under a specific Storm8 ID? Is there a marker or tag that can identify the two tablets I have from any other tablet or random device accessing the game with the same Storm8 ID?

I actually purchased these tablets through the local Office Max. These were not some purchase from a random vendor in Hong Kong on E-bay or anything similar.

Any suggestions on how to address this one? Both kids are chomping at the bit to work their restaurants on their new tablets. I submitted a ticket to Storm8 yesterday, but only received automated responses so far. I would love to get this resolved.

The Honorable Panda
    There should only be one storm ID for one device. Devices do not share the same storm ID.
    I am not sure what is going on here.
    You will need to wait for support to respond to your ticket email.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

New Resident
    Thanks for your response kooky panda. That is what I expected. I thought it was odd as well and I was also under the impression that devices should not be allowed to share the same Storm8 ID. I just thought I would take a shot in the dark to see if anyone else had the opportunity to deal with this issue.

Why cant teamlava allow us to have the same Storm ID. Example like I own an iPad and iPhone and it would be great if both of my device are of the same level. It is tough to start all over again when you have reached to a very high level.

The Honorable Panda
    Your games are saved on Team Lavas servers under your storm ID. When you download your first Team Lava or Storm 8 game, you then set up your storm ID. That storm ID is set to that one device.

If you would like to transfer all your games from one device to another, you can do this.

You can email support@teamlava.com and they can transfer your games.

You can also transfer yourself:

Transfer Thread

If you have already set up a new storm ID on your new device, you will not be able to transfer yourself.

For more information on transferring please see the above thread.

Closing this thread, since it is an older thread.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request