Thread: Why do the Goals and some crossbreeding cost gems???

Rhino Keeper

Angry Why do the Goals and some crossbreeding cost gems???

This is absolutely ridiculous! I am at the point that I can't complete goals without using gems to crossbreed or buy pets. I'm unemployed and on disability with a fixed income. I can't afford to buy gems for this! None of the other story games require gems to complete goals or progress in the game. This game is not free to play; it's pay to play. Sure, it's free up to a point, but now I have to pay. I'm sure this isn't the first time anyone has complained about this. This needs to be addressed, or at least tell us why you chose to do it this way. It's actually one of the reasons I didn't start playing it. However, I did because it was a goal for another game and I like it. But now all I can do is upgrade my existing pets/complete the families, and collect the income. What am I supposed to do with the money if everything I need costs gems??? What's the point?!!?

Grand Emperor
    I downloaded Pet Shop Story to get the gems in my other games. I don't play anymore, but I still have it installed in case there is a new goal that gives gems.

There's a lot of goals and collections I didn't do and pets I didn't buy because they cost gems or a lot of coins. It doesn't bother me - there's a lot of games out there from TL and other companies. I choose to not buy gems because of Android parity issues and I think they are overpriced and this way I don't feel as bad when I lose them in gem traps.

I found it was a slow game, as shortly it costs gems, a lot of coins, and/or a lot of time to breed/upgrade/etc. It is slow because by the time games get released to Android it has been adjusted for the game economy and longevity, and is no longer as much fun to play.

Rhino Keeper
    Why do some goals and some crossbreeding cost gems? Why are you even asking this? TL is a business. A business needs ways to make money. Everything can't be free if TL intends to make any money. You do not have to complete the goals or cross breeds or even buy the animals/decor that cost gems. I have been playing PSS and other TL games for almost a year and I have never bought gems and don't intend to in the future either. In most of their games, you can earn gems in some manner. In PSS it's usually by installing other games. So just buy the coins animals/decor and ignore the gem items. I have at least 5 goals I can't complete because parts of them require gems. Oh well! There are still coin items to buy every week. It's just a game! If it makes you that angry, don't play. It's supposed to be fun right?