Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Island - Mount Magma levels 67 - 72

Mine says 4:20 (to dig 20 levels.) I don't remember what it was back when I passed it, though (I'm stuck on another timed dig level right now--140.) Doom jewel levels are so frustrating, as are timed levels in general. Good luck to you! Being stuck on a level can drive you crazy...and I've been cuckoo many times with this game!

Here's a photo of the level:

I know you didn't ask for tips, lol. I'm adding this since I didn't find much for this level. This is actually just my basic "digging" strategy: One thing that helps is to start with visible horizontal moves flat against the dirt/bricks (like the match circled in pink,) or at least a couple of vertical moves that touch the dirt.This way you start digging right away, without wasting time making matches at the top. Other optimal starting moves are those that create special jewels, like blasters, bombs, and diamonds. If I don't see "good" moves when the level starts, I press "pause" then "restart" (the 1st round button with the arrow--it comes up in the menu after pressing pause.) This shouldn't take an energy if you don't touch anything...

You may already know this, but JIK: Special jewels and combinations make digging much faster. Especially a blaster + bomb, which are awesome for digging--and they're quick (for timed levels.) Special jewel combos also wipe out lots of doom jewels. Diamond + blaster's great on moves levels, but can sometimes eat up too much time detonating (depends on the level.) There's info about special jewels & combinations at the Jewel Mania-basics thread. I didn't know about "advanced combinations" back when I passed that level--wish I had, lol! Would've made everything much simpler...

The doom jewels can be pretty overwhelming, but try to mainly focus on digging. Keep the majority of your moves at the dirt level, keeping an eye out for special jewel opportunities and of course, doom jewels. Sometimes doom jewels will clear themselves when you make matches underneath them, so you don't always have to worry about them right away. How long are the timers on this level's doom jewels, anyway?

Well, wishing you "good luck" again!

Farm Supplier
    I'm stuck here too. Enough already!! I'm very frustrated that I can't power through it:-/!!

Farm Supplier
    Just got level 67....8 seconds to spare 168k+ points and LUCK like it was going out of style...whew!!! Took about 5 days!!!! Not an easy level....more luck than s**** and you better be focused and fast!!

Farm Supplier
    Thanks and VERY good advice!!

There's a post about Level 68, concerning how doom jewels can still ruin your game even if you've reached the points goal.

I completed all levels pretty easily BUT with no enough stars, I got 2 stars only with 69! Unable to get more stars with other levels despite dozens of attempts. What can I do to get more stars?

On level 68 ... Levels getting more difficult ... Glad to see others have gotten to much higher levels ... I'm not sure going to continue playing ... Seems everybody gets frustrated playing ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345