Thread: Nugget #11 - How to play on old devices

Nightclub Owner

Post Nugget #11 - How to play on old devices

The game uses a lot of memory; it is very rich in items. On older devices, like iPad 1, iPod, or iPhone 4, a regular player with level 25 or more can experience repeated game crashes (game closes abruptly). If you do not want to buy a new device but want to future enjoy the game, it is possible; you will need to make some concessions.

What to do first
    1. Store all walkers
    2. Store all pure decoration items: roads, walls, banners, etc.
    3. Chop all trees, logs, rocks, etc.
    4. Store all functional decorations: flowers, ponds, etc.
    5. Store all currently unused buildings
    6. Spread all remaining items on the available space, the more space between them, the less the game has to display

When you play
    1. Force close all application before starting the game
    2. Zoom in to have as few as possible items visible, this reduces you visibility, but ensure stability
    3. Before entering a building, ensure the work queue is flushed
    4. Avoid to queue to many order at once, having too many harvested goodies on the screen is not good
    5. Reboot your device from time to time (after to force close all application)

Other things
    1. If you cannot enter the game anymore, please write to the S8 Support Team.
    2. Visiting neighbors or community members of high level might be difficult if not impossible. Limit yourself to low levels (<25), when possible
    3. Only have items out you strictly need for the current quest or event
    4. No decoration!
    5. Limit the number of different items; having 100 times the same is different than having 100 different items.

Downloads

<< Previous ----- Next >>
    Last edited by ShibuyaCloth; 06-12-18 at 09:37 AM.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Maybe a stupid addition to the list, but if it's an old device and you only play CS, do a complete reset of the device (make certain you back it up because you will loose everything on it). If you only install CS after the reset it will play a lot faster!! I did this for my iPod and it was a tremendous difference. Eventually I dropped the pod in my coffee cup and bought an iPad which is obviously too big for my cup

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgal View Post
    Maybe a stupid addition to the list, but if it's an old device and you only play CS, do a complete reset of the device (make certain you back it up because you will loose everything on it). If you only install CS after the reset it will play a lot faster!! I did this for my iPod and it was a tremendous difference. Eventually I dropped the pod in my coffee cup and bought an iPad which is obviously too big for my cup
    You just need to ensure you have enough space left on your hard disk, if you have 2-3 GB free you do not need to un-install things. I have probably 50-60 apps installed on an iPad 1 with 32Gb and have 5 Gb free. The game runs with the limitation listed above. No the most important thing is to have as much as possible RAM available to execute the game.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...