Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Shrine - Levels 427 - 432 (Region 72)

Forgotten Shrine - Levels 427 - 432 (Region 72)

~

Nothing on the TL Blog about this island, and it hasn't been added to the JM Regions Master thread yet, either. So these are just screenshots from my phone:

Uncover this forgotten place, where our favorite canine's ancestors ruled this ancient isle. Witness mystical sites, or worship at the shrine o'the Bean Dog...here on this island of Jewel Mania!

~*~*~

Note: I'm using the Halloween version of Jewel Mania (1.1.9,) in case you're wondering about the Jack o' lantern...or why Bean Dog looks like Elvis!

I haven't had a chance to post the screenshots yet, but I am stuck on level 430. It seems impossible, I can't even make it to the gifts at the bottom. I did get one opened once (a free glass-breaking boost) just as my round was ending. I snapped a photo just as the time ran out, so I could see what the boost was. Plus, I wanted to figure out where the last 2 glass were (I knew 16 of them were on the side columns, but couldn't see the others.) Looking at the photo now, I realize there's glass under the gifts.

Anyway, during most rounds, I barely get a chance to hit the crates a couple times, much less break through them. And there's so much reshuffling, since the walls make most moves impossible. It takes awhile to find that "only move", too...so I end up wasting time looking for that so the screen can reshuffle. And time is in short supply here! I honestly don't know how I can ever pass this. How are others doing it? Seems like it needs more time or less obstacles! Help!

I got to level 430 and it does look tricky but i actually beat it on my 3rd try! The two prizes are both glass breakers and you have to get both. I think best strategy trying to make vertical blasters in the top middle area. blasting the boxes and any dark blocks that fall below. also if you get a lucky shuffle it could put one in the columns. i never made a diamond and dont think that's very possible here. You can try to restart until you have a first match breaking some boxes (like in the pic)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	430.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	11120

also when your getting matches at the top, it will drop the columns by 1 or 2, this is useful if you have a vertical match in the column and can drop it to get the bottom panes. Also always look for matches getting top right and left panes to get those asap. If you make enough vert blasters and take out boxes it opens the bottom portion up. I ended up getting both prizes luckily in one move and with 10 seconds left i used both breakers on last two panes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	430-end.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	11121

man 428 was the one that nearly ****ed me, with all the walls and having to get fire in the corners. I finally got 3 last fires in the corner, and made a blaster-bomb combo in the right spot but on the last move, ugh! i ended up paying $0.99 for extra moves cuz i only needed 1, lol. good riddance to that one!

431 is fire but only seems to need a few well placed blasters...

Quote Originally Posted by thebiglechowski View Post
    I got to level 430 and it does look tricky but i actually beat it on my 3rd try! (...) I think best strategy trying to make vertical blasters in the top middle area. blasting the boxes and any dark blocks that fall below. also if you get a lucky shuffle it could put one in the columns. i never made a diamond (...) look for matches getting top right and left panes to get those asap. (...)

man 428 was the one that nearly ****ed me, with all the walls and having to get fire in the corners. I finally got 3 last fires in the corner, and made a blaster-bomb combo in the right spot but on the last move, ugh! i ended up paying $0.99 for extra moves cuz i only needed 1, lol. good riddance to that one!

431 is fire but only seems to need a few well placed blasters...
    Hi, thebiglechowski! Thanks for the really great tips! I'm envious you passed in 3 tries...it took me 2 days trying to beat 430. I just couldn't get anything working for me. I finally started seeing more progress when busting open the crates (I'd hope so, after all that practice!) I was able to make a few diamonds, but they were mostly wasted. Once the diamond was my only move, and there was only one color choice near it, with just a couple more jewels of that color. Another time, I couldn't combo it, so I chose the color of one of the jewels up top (you're right, those top glass on the right/left columns are hard to reach.) I can't remember how I passed it now, as it was 10 levels ago. I think it must've been lots of blasters and at least one blaster + bomb in there somewhere. (Think I wrote some notes down while playing--gotta find 'em!)

I agree, 428 was a tough one--all those doom jewels, ugh--and then fire, of course. I can't remember now (notes, where are you?,) but I think I got really lucky on that one. Had a good combo or back-to-back combos that helped me pass it rather quickly. I never even found out what the 2nd gift was (one was a reshuffle boost--what was the other one, a fire extinguisher boost?) I think it got left in its restricted state. Good call on the 99-cent win--I've done it, too. Especially when a level's driving you crazy, and then you get so close! It's way too hard to let it go to try again. Still, I feel guilty when I do it, so I 'fess up here (lol!)

I enjoyed 431...kinda strategic. Yes, "well-placed" blasters is just what it needs! It's one of the rare levels where a blaster + bomb isn't super-helpful. I liked how they gave you reshuffle and activator boosts. So, if you made some vertical blasters, you could use the reshuffle to (hopefully) get one to the side columns to blast the fire (then detonate using the other boost.)

I got really behind on the screenshot posting that I usually do. But I have a bit of time to catch up now. Plus, I'm stuck on level 440, and it's not looking good so far...

Level 427: 24 glass in 40 moves (5JC.) This level has doom jewels, black jewels, portals, and gifts. The board has lots of little windows/cutouts, which separate and isolate certain areas, as well as make glass panes that can only be broken with special jewels. The round starts with 4 doom jewels--two 20-move & two 25-move doomies. You also get 10-move "surprise" doomies dropping in throughout the round. The black jewels start out on the left & right columns, but as you clear jewels in the center of the board, the black jewels get pulled through the portals and into your "work area." Your gifts have 2 free glass-breaking boosts inside.

Blaster + bomb's are great for this level...they're the only good combo I could seem to get working for me (never made a diamond on this level.) Took several rounds of energies to pass this, but I enjoyed the challenge (fun!) The 2nd & 3rd columns in on either side are hard (some, impossible) to reach, so try to blast/clear them first chance you get. Lots of the glass is double, so you'll have to hit some areas twice...

Good luck!

Level 428: 24 fire in 25 moves (5JC.) This fire level has windows & wooden walls, which create a lot of difficulty. There are portals, as well, and 2 restricted gifts. Doom jewels with 10-count timers drop in, as well. One of the gifts is a reshuffle boost, but I'm not sure about the other (maybe a fire extinguisher? I never opened it...)

This one took several attempts, but then I got lucky with some good combo's to pass. Make sure you keep the fire pushed back away from the portals, or they won't work and you'll be "stuck" without good moves. Well actually, you can use the reshuffle boost--esp. helpful if you've made lots of special jewels and want to reposition them so they can easily wipe out fire. Hopefully, you'll end up with some combo's in perfect spots!

Level 429: Dig 11 meters in 2:15 (5JC.) This super dirt level has snakes, wooden walls, unbreakable/stone jewels, and gifts. The gifts are a reshuffle boost and an auto-row blasting boost.

This level took me what felt like a LONG time to pass. Probably a day or so, but I really couldn't get anywhere near the bottom. It was very difficult to get past some of the snakes--not sure why. I couldn't get blaster + bomb or diamond + blaster opportunities, either, and that makes it impossible to get anywhere. Sometimes I'd get lucky in one area, but then get stuck in another. With the walls and the stone jewels, it's super easy to get stuck--"swiping in vain," lol. Finally, I got a bunch of diamonds in one round--used them to **** some snakes, plus I used one in a blaster combo (don't recommend...takes too long for them to detonate!) This finally put me close to the bottom, and when time ran out, I pressed the button & bought more before I could help myself. Had to press it a second time, but I just really wanted off this level. Looking back at it now, I can't remember why it bothered me so much, other than having an super-short timer (I usually like snake levels!) Anyway, good luck on this one!

Level 430: 18 glass in 1:40 (5JC.) This level has a lot going on, and the time goes by really quickly. There are black jewels, crates, wooden walls, portals, windows/cutouts, and gifts (in restricted settings.) The cutouts separate the side columns from the main board, but they're connected by a couple rows, as well as portals. Clearing jewels in the center area moves jewels from the sides and through the portals, so the black jewels that begin on the sides end up in the middle of the board. There are lots of wooden walls there, too, which make it hard to make special jewels/other matches. All the glass is on the side columns, except for 2 (which are under the restricted gifts.) So you have to bust through triple-boarded crates at the bottom to get to the gifts (2 free glass-breaking boosts, which are quite handy to have for this level!)

Here are some great tips from earlier in the thread for this level (click >> for full post):
    Quote Originally Posted by thebiglechowski View Post
    I got to level 430 (...) I think best strategy trying to make vertical blasters in the top middle area. blasting the boxes and any dark blocks that fall below. also if you get a lucky shuffle it could put one in the columns. (...) You can try to restart until you have a first match breaking some boxes (...) when your getting matches at the top, it will drop the columns by 1 or 2, this is useful if you have a vertical match in the column and can drop it to get the bottom panes. Also always look for matches getting top right and left panes to get those asap. If you make enough vert blasters and take out boxes it opens the bottom portion up. (...)
    I had a lot of reshuffling during my attempts...those darn walls! Although making diamonds was pretty rare, it's not hard to make blasters. You need lots of them to get rid of the black jewels, and get through to those glass at the bottom (under the gifts.) This level took me a couple days...hope you get through much faster!

Level 431: 20 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) This level has some long windows, which lseparate the left and right columns from the rest of the board. This makes it really difficult to access the fire on the sides. The board also has a wooden wall running down the center. On the plus side, you get a couple of restricted gifts (free reshuffle boost & TNT/detonator boost.)

I tried making lots of special jewels/combos (as usual.) With the vertical blasters, I was hoping that I could use the reshuffle boost and plant them on the sides to blast the fire out. I tried using blaster + bombs, but that only reaches 3 flames on each side. So unless you do a bunch in succession, the fire just comes back (same with horizontal blasters...kinda useless except in the top or bottom rows.) A diamond combo works better, especially if you've already cleared fire and have some jewels on the sides. That should mean better chances of extinguishing fire, either by jewels turning into vertical/horizontal blasters (diamond + blaster) or just clearing flames next to certain colors (diamond + bomb.) I can't remember exactly how I passed this one, but I remember it was fun! Only got 1 star, so I'll definitely play again!

Level 432: Dig 13 meters in 45 moves (5JC.) This super dirt level has lots of little windows and cutouts, that make it difficult to get to some of the s.d. There are also gifts--a couple of regular row blasters and an activator boost. Very handy!

This level wasn't too tricky. I tried to make my own special jewels, and when I couldn't make them, I'd use the boosts. I used one of the free blasters with a bomb, to blast a bunch of super dirt. The other one I used at the bottom, placing it on one of the jewels in a regular 3-jewel match to detonate it. I used the activator to blow a piece of s.d. that wouldn't allow me to scroll (and was wasting moves!) Only got one star one this one, too, so I'll be playing again to improve that. This was a fun one!

Next island: Bull Horn Arena!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast