Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So long and thanks for all the fish...I mean gems

Fashion Designer
    yay joining the quitting club =)

Executive Chef
    I'm playing for my daughter. This game is quite hard and unrealistic. From the look of the game, it looks like it is for children, but I think it is hard to get to each level for a youngster to play for long. I am at island 4 heading for some gold for her at island 6. I will only play until all her gold is collected but if it is only a 3 gold increase....why bother. I can gift her more than that in a week.

Host(ess)
    Yay I managed to get to the 10th island today... Never playing this again. I just wanted the gems to get the black sheep in cs and I still don't have enough

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    I got to the 10th island, got my gems in the other games, and deleted Jewel Mania.

The boost are too expensive, and the recharging time is too long. The game is more frustrating than enjoyable. I'm very happy to be done!
    Omg ditto! I'm only on the 5th island tho. This game is just plain infuriating!! It's impossible to beat! There is no possible way to get even 2 stars on some levels (let alone 3), so I can only play the game for a few minutes before I'm out of energy, and then I have to wait almost 4 hours for my energy to be refilled, which is absurd. And then there's the fact that it's obvious your not supposed to be able to beat some levels without buying the boosts because I played some levels 5 or more times with no luck, and as soon as I caved and bought a boost, I beat the level almost immediately WITHOUT EVEN NEEDING TO USE THE BOOST! So I had just wasted 10,000+ coins on a stupid boost that I didn't even get to use! This game is totally rigged. That, or the developers still need to make some major adjustments. It is a new game so maybe their still working out the kinks, but there's even been a few times that the game had to reset itself because there were "no possible matches" lol! That's just ridiculous! And the price of the boosts is disgusting. One boost on the 5th island cost me every single coin I had earned since starting the game. Not to mention the fact that it costs 20 gold to refill your energy, and then it's gone in under 5 minutes? It's highway robbery is what it is.

I was so excited for this game because I loved bubble mania but have gone as far in it as I can while still remaining sane lol so I'd been hoping for something new to play, but this just disappoints. I don't think I'll even try to get to the 6th island for the gems/gold. I just don't know that it's worth it...

Host(ess)
    Yeah! I reached Level Ten and now i stopped playing this Game. I did this for the gems in castle story (75 gems) . It is to stupid waiting 1 Hour for 1 Energy! Never ever i will play jewel mania...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by polskispantry View Post
    I got to island 10 earlier...jem reward for bakery story? 3...yes three measly gems! Not sure how many on pet hotel as i forgot to check before and after but i think i got 6 gems. Big whoop!
    How about castle story? And city story metro? They usually give quite generous gems. Do you play them?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by yupiyupigumgum View Post
    How about castle story? And city story metro? They usually give quite generous gems. Do you play them?
    For installing i've got 30 gems, then for reaching Level 3, 6 and 10 each Time 15 gems ( in castle and City story)

It is so disappointing that such a good game is ruined by frustrating levels and a "pay to play" mentality. People would stick with this game if they could enjoy it. However, this is not possible with too difficult levels, too long to wait to play, and forcing ppl to spend money to pass levels. Such a shame.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblue77 View Post
    It is so disappointing that such a good game is ruined by frustrating levels and a "pay to play" mentality. People would stick with this game if they could enjoy it. However, this is not possible with too difficult levels, too long to wait to play, and forcing ppl to spend money to pass levels. Such a shame.
    Sometimes it takes a little while, sometimes even days, to get through a level, but if you're patient and plan out moves you can get through without spending money. I've never spent money on this one and have made it to level 483. Also, a lot of the levels have challenges and completing 5 of those will !ive you coins or gold that you can then use on boosts. If you're having trouble on one level try going back and completing old challenges to take your mind off things. Plus, every so often depending on how people are doing they change the number of moves so you could take a break then come back and notice that there are more moves!

And check out the Jewel Mania Master Thread for tips and tricks that people have noticed along the way. Not every level is there but usually if you post something on the island page someone will reply.

Good luck!

Taking a break is such good advice (along with the rest of what limonepledge said!) I've been SO frustrated with certain levels before...and I've definitely felt like quitting numerous times. Taking a break to do something else truly helps. I'm glad I stuck with it - I'm on 513 now. Somewhere along the way (400-something, or maybe a bit earlier,) I resorted to buying extra time occasionally (pressing that button.) Very infrequently, though. And I'm sure I could pass without--I was just impatient at the time. I'm playing other Team Lava games now, so if I get stuck on Jewel, I'll play Candy or Fruit Splash for awhile. I'm back to not spending money at all--so it really can be done. There are people on this forum who will help if they can...just leave a post on the level's island thread. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12