Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jewel Mania - Basic MAX LEVEL 1968 (was 900)

Please, I want to know what is an illageal swap too. But I don't understand your explanation.
    Please help me, i want obtain the keys !!

Thank you for your answer

What is an illegal swap ? I have don't understand the explanation of maguar.
    Please help me I want to obtain the keys.

Thank you for your answer

An illegal swap is trying to swap any jewels that "break the rules." For example, trying to make a match with a red jewel and two blue jewels. It won't work--you have to match at least 3 jewels of the same color. Except for special jewels...you can swap any 2 of any color. But if you tried to swap a blaster with a regular jewel, it could be illegal (has to be at least 3 of the same color jewels to work.) Or trying to swap 2 black jewels, for ex.--if you try, they just go back to where they started before you touched them. Anytime you try to make a swap and it doesn't work (because it doesn't fit the criteria, etc.) and the gems just go back to their starting positions, it's called an illegal swap.

There are several other illegal moves, like trying to swap across walls or portals, for example. But JM won't even let you attempt these moves, so it wouldn't be considered an illegal swap (no movement.) At least, I think that's how it works, lol!

To pass the challenge, you need to make sure every jewel you attempt to swap is a true match that will follow through. Be careful, don't break the "jewel rules"...you'll pass & get your keys in no time! Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    I wasn't sure how or where to post this question. What happens to coins? Why would they disappear? I had like 1.2 million,just logged in on level 151 and it has dropped to 815,000. I haven't used any!

Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    To make it easier for you it's here
    When I click on the link in your message, I get a screen that says "you do not have permission to access this page..." Is there a new link for this information?

Nightclub Owner
    The link broke with the last change to the forum. I've fixed it in that post. Or you can click on the link below

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-Storm8-Method
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Fashion Designer
    Dragon Story prompted me to try this game.
    So, I gave it a shot and enjoyed it... until Time Limit was introduced. I find the feature really sucks the fun out of the game.

New Resident
    I agree how do you know how many points it takes to get a star. I've finished a level 4 times, but I've only received 1 star!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyobarb View Post
    I agree how do you know how many points it takes to get a star. I've finished a level 4 times, but I've only received 1 star!
    Which level is it? The scoring varies with each level. The characters/players at the bottom of the start screen can give you a very rough idea of the scores needed (minimize the "challenges" tab if it's in the way.) Scores in the 1st or 2nd place range usually mean 3 stars (beating the scores of "Paul" or "Wenqi".) I can check my own scores, and see if I can give you a better idea of the score you need. Although they make changes to the levels occasionally, and the needed amounts might be different from when I played the level you're on. (Luckily, once you have the stars, you keep 'em, lol!) If that's the case, someone who's played your level more recently might have a better idea. So, what level are you asking about?

Btw, there's a older thread about minimum 3-star scores. It's a little old, but you might find it helpful... Also, keep in mind that you get a higher amount of points when you clear jewels while others are falling. This is easier to do on a timed level, since you're swiping like crazy anyway. Make matches towards the bottom of the screen, and you often get "bonus matches" as the jewels fall in. Clearing crates, doom jewels, and other obstacles usually get you more points, as well. So once you've passed a level (and "passing" isn't your goal so much as getting more stars,) focus on clearing as many obstacles as you can, and keep those jewels moving.

On glass levels, you get a better score if you don't finish too early. (Zetra mentions this earlier in this thread.) You're better off using up some of the leftover moves or time by making some random matches, extra special jewels, and combos. You would think finishing early, and having 30 moves or so leftover, would give you a big score...but it doesn't work that way. You get a special jewel (blaster or bomb) for each left over move or increment of time, but they all get detonated together. So it's just a big blast clearing the same jewels--not that many extra points after, say, 8 or 9. Better to clear all the glass but one or two, then make moves away from that last glass until you have under 10 moves left. Then finish the level. Your score will be higher this way... Btw, fire levels work the same way, although it's usually too risky to wait, since the fire can spread and get away from you!

New Resident
    What is an illeGal move?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast